PDA

View Full Version : Online Dinning Resevations 180 Days Out Question

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
This Sunday will be 180 days out for me.

I know I can call and make ADRs 180 days out for the day I check-in + 10 days but what about online ?

Online doesn't ask for your reservation number or what day you are checking in.

Can you only make ADRs online for 180 days each day and not for 10 days from when you check-in ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

:mickey:

faline
06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
I have found the on-line reservation system so frustrating that I have just about given up using it and call instead.

I know you used to be able to make your reservations on-line for check-in date +10. Are you signing in when you try to use the reservation system?

Strmchsr
06-28-2013, 10:14 AM
I have found the on-line reservation system so frustrating that I have just about given up using it and call instead.

:ditto: The online system is very frustrating for the +10 option. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, especially first thing in the morning. It's much better to call to avoid dealing with the frustrations and possibly missing the ADRs you want.

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 10:21 AM

I know you used to be able to make your reservations on-line for check-in date +10. Are you signing in when you try to use the reservation system?

Yes, I am signing in.
If I go on the Disney dinning website now I can only book up until Dec 25th (180 days from today).

If I try on Sunday it's only going to allow me to book up until Dec 27th.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-28-2013, 10:29 AM
The Disney online system is one giant mess right now.

You *should* be able to log in, have your resort reservation appear, and make ADR's for 180+10 days.

The reality is that it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. All I can suggest is ensuring that your resort reservation is showing when you sign in ... but it will be much easier to call.

We tried to do some changes a couple of weeks ago, and it just didn't work ... so we called.

Tekneek
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
I couldn't get 180 +10 for mine. It ended up varying a bit, each time I logged in. Sometimes I could only see my check-in date of 10/31, and then other times I could see the entire trip period (9 days), and then other times just half of the trip period.

The state of the online dining reservations system is why I fear some other Disney online "innovations."

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 10:47 AM
The Disney online system is one giant mess right now.

You *should* be able to log in, have your resort reservation appear, and make ADR's for 180+10 days.

How would it know if I had a reservation or not ?
I think I just entered an email address.

Strmchsr
06-28-2013, 10:52 AM

First, you have to log-in to your Disney account. Then, under My Disney Experience go to "link reservations" and put in your reservation number so that you should then see your upcoming resort check-in on your profile. That's how it should note your +10.

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
First, you have to log-in to your Disney account. Then, under My Disney Experience go to "link reservations" and put in your reservation number so that you should then see your upcoming resort check-in on your profile. That's how it should note your +10.

Great !
Thank you.

PopPhan
06-28-2013, 11:02 AM

If you go into your account information on the WDW website, you can link your reservation and dining reservations. For this, you need to enter your reservation confirmation number and last name. Then, the ADRs are directly linked to your reservation. I believe that it works the same way for the My Disney Experience app. (Just checked, and yes, that IS how it works.)

OOPS!!! Strmchsr (Chris) already beat me to it!!

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Another question.

Now that my account is linked with my reservation, can I make dinning reservations for more people than are staying in my room ?

SurferStitch
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
We did the online 180+10 for our December trip, and had no issues with linking to our reservation or making all of our ADR's.

The +10 won't show up on your calender until your 180 day window. Once you're signed in (like today), you will be able to SEE your +10 days, but you can't do anything with them UNTIL Sunday.

I was very glad we did the online option, or else we wouldn't have gotten BOG. Even with online, we couldn't get 'Ohana for dinner our entire trip, or Crystal Palace on 2 different days that it would have worked for us. I couldn't imagine waiting an extra hour to call in.... ESPECIALLY the week you're going (busiest week of the year).

Just practice with they system before D-Day. You'll feel more comfortable with it. Also, a fast internet connection is essential... the site was slow even on our super fast cable connection.

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
We did the online 180+10 for our December trip, and had no issues with linking to our reservation or making all of our ADR's.

The +10 won't show up on your calender until your 180 day window. Once you're signed in (like today), you will be able to SEE your +10 days, but you can't do anything with them UNTIL Sunday.

I was very glad we did the online option, or else we wouldn't have gotten BOG. Even with online, we couldn't get 'Ohana for dinner our entire trip, or Crystal Palace on 2 different days that it would have worked for us. I couldn't imagine waiting an extra hour to call in.... ESPECIALLY the week you're going (busiest week of the year).

Just practice with they system before D-Day. You'll feel more comfortable with it. Also, a fast internet connection is essential... the site was slow even on our super fast cable connection.

Thanks SurferStitch.

Can I make dinning reservations for more people than are staying in my room ?

When I go to make dinning reservation will it assume everyone in my room will be on the dinning reservation ?

PopPhan
06-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks SurferStitch.

Can I make dinning reservations for more people than are staying in my room ?

When I go to make dinning reservation will it assume everyone in my room will be on the dinning reservation ?

When you make a reservation for dining, it is for the number of people who will be dining together. It really does not matter if it is for everyone on your reservation or not, plus OR minus. It really only matters when it comes to splitting the check(s)....;)

If you are going to have people from another "group" join you, it is much simpler to put them all on one reservation than to try to get multiple reservations for the same venue at the same time.

Donald Duck
06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
When you make a reservation for dining, it is for the number of people who will be dining together. It really does not matter if it is for everyone on your reservation or not, plus OR minus. It really only matters when it comes to splitting the check(s)....;)

If you are going to have people from another "group" join you, it is much simpler to put them all on one reservation than to try to get multiple reservations for the same venue at the same time.

Thanks PopPhan !

Ms. Mode
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
I tried to use the on line reservation for ADRs last week and it only let me make one. I liked making it on line because I was able to link my family with their avatars, however I was trying to BOG so I ended up calling at 7am. We got everything we wanted! Even BOG, by calling they can look at what times are available on any given day. Good luck!

Oh, and when you call you can link the reservation number to your MyDisney account but it doesn't show who the actual guest dining with you are.

Zippy 1
06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
I did all my ADR's online and had no problem. Got everything I wanted with in an hour of when I wanted them. Even when I went back to change a couple I had no problems. Maybe I was just lucky:mickey:

Tekneek
06-29-2013, 09:23 AM

The problem I ran into was trying to split my group into two parties, to have breakfast at two different locations on the same day. The online system would not allow it. I had to call in for one of the reservations and was told that this is expected behavior. Kinda dumb, if you ask me, when I was specifying members of the party that were not on the other reservation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
The system isn't that smart yet. To make two reservations, even for different people, under the same account ... well, it just doesn't work.

Frustrating, eh?