PDA

View Full Version : Stephicakes’ pre-trip report…. I’m going WHEN???

stephicakes
06-27-2013, 11:34 AM
OK, here it is folks… my pre-trip report for the 4th of July week. That’s right – 4TH OF JULY WEEK. I know what you’re thinking: “Stephicakes… that is like the 3rd busiest time of the year there! Are you nuts??!”. Well it just so happens to be the only week that DH’s entire family could make it between other trips and all the cousins’ summer sports. So here we go…

Cast: 8 adults (2 in scooters) and 7 teenagers. Yes… I said that too: SEVEN TEENAGERS! This is MIL’s dream vaca and she has been asking to go with the whole family for years now before the kids get too old. So we all chipped in and surprised them two Christmas’s ago with a trip to the World. She cried. :)
Location: Beach Club. We are renting two, 2 bdrm villas by renting DVC points. Love that place!!

We are flying out of ROC this Sunday and plan to be in Dis by lunchtime if all goes well with the flights & ME. DH and I got APs for the first time so we are looking forward to activating those. Two more trips in the works so they should easily pay for themselves. We are also going to pick up a TiW card - interested in seeing how we make out with savings using that.

No definite plans except for a family dinner at ‘Ohana one night. I heard mixed reviews so I will share my experience in my Trip Report when we get back. We are morning people so we will take advantage of any EMH and use FPs to do as much as possible. I love the afternoon breaks by the pool and then WS for dinner & drinks every night. We love to just go with the flow, but we may try to make some last minute ADRs using the MyDisneyExperience app while there. If none available, no biggie. We are good with CS most of the time. MIL & FIL will both be in scooters (bad knees) so this will be a very slow paced trip which is fine – it’s all about them and we want them to just enjoy things. I am not a crowd person, so it will be interesting to see how busy the parks get. I will definitely report on that too. I don’t think we are even going to attempt to do the fireworks on the 4th – I can’t imagine trying to get out of MK that night! There are other nights & places for the celebration so we have some options. I try to be the ‘young crazy aunt’ (kids: “Hey Aunt Stephie – want to go down Humunga Kowaabunga?!” Me after a Mai Tai: “Sure… why the heck not?!”) and keep up with the kids so I am usually exhausted by 9pm anyway! A quick dip in the pool and off to bed sounds about right :marg:

Well, that’s it for now peeps! Wish me luck! I plan on wearing my light blue INTERCOT shirt on Sunday so if you see a blonde walking around the BC or at MK or EPCOT on the 30th, it’s probably me! Feel free to yell out, “Hang in there, Cakes!!” :thumbsup:

steph
:)

faline
06-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Regardless of crowds and weather, it sounds like you and your family will have a blast!! Enjoy!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Ohanas is my favorite:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
06-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I hear EPCOT is open until 10 on the fourth with special fireworks....YOU CAN WALK HOME!!!! Have a wonderful trip...consider having a 20 minute photo session with the entire group...I think they still do them at the BCV...wonderful memories... Swim in SAB for me. I will be putting in our reservation for a 2 bedroom BCV on Monday...for our family trip...4 nights at BCV, then when SIL arrives, 10 night HH OKW GV (already walking that reservation!)...:party:

emerzmom
06-27-2013, 06:07 PM
I hope you have a blast and I am looking forward to reading your trip reports.
Hang in there Cakes!
:tink:
Julie

AgentC
06-27-2013, 06:49 PM
The Beach Club is one of my favorite locations. We went to WDW July 5-7 last year because I had friends visiting the week of July 4th. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I think you will have a big advantage since you are early morning people. You can get there early and head out at mid day to enjoy the pool. :mickey:

Have fun!

January-2007
06-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Have a wonderful time!

yjgirl32
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Have a magical trip!!! Make lots of memories.

dtootsie42
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Sounds like fun! Have a wonderful time!

Katzateer
06-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Sounds like it will be a great trip! Have fun!:thumbsup::mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Have a great time!!:mickey:

PopPhan
07-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Sounds like you have quite the crew for this trip!!! Enjoy and have a blast! (Fireworks pun intended! LOL)

princessgirls
07-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Have a great trip!!!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyDawgette
07-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow, hope you're having a great time! Sounds like you will! Looking forward to your recap report! :)