PDA

View Full Version : reservations ?

minnie04
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
how are they on seating when you have a reservation? Just courious. on time, close to it, or 30 mins. or more from your original reservation...

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
It totally depends on the restaurant, what time your ADR is, and how busy they are.

There have been times we arrived around 30 minutes earlier than our ADR and asked at the podium and were seated immediately, and times they asked us to wait to check in just 15 minutes before our ADR time.

There have been times we were seated right at our ADR time, and times we've been seated over 30 minutes past our ADR time.

I find when we dine right at opening time our wait to be seated is less, often there is no wait at all. Later in the night, especially around peak dinner time, is when I've noticed the longest waits.

Some of the less popular places should be able to seat you at or very close to your ADR time, perhaps even a bit early if you arrive early.

Super popular places like character meals and Ohana's I'd expect to have to wait a bit to be seated. Ohana's is the place we've had to wait the longest to be seated, but we are often a very large party. In Feb. we had a party of 15, checked in 15 minutes before our ADR time and weren't seated till almost 45 minutes after our ADR time.

Strmchsr
06-27-2013, 11:18 AM
The only thing I would add to Denise's statement is make sure you check in at or before your listed ADR time as they won't hold your ADR more than 10-15 min past time.

Dulcee
06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
It really does vary.

We found at very popular restaurants we waited quite a bit after checking in. Ohana's comes to mind.

Signature restaurants we rarely waited more then a few seconds.

minnie04
06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Great thanks :mickey: I will arrive early and hope for the best.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
I was there last week, and was seated within 10 minutes at every restaurant except 'Ohana which was probably closer to 15 minutes. Most were right away.

mdricks
06-27-2013, 03:28 PM
I would add, going the other direction, that in most places (Not BOG, Ohanas, Le Cellier etc) if you show up early they will seat you and not make you wait for your ADR. On more than one occasion I have arrived 30-45 minutes early for the sole purpose of having drinks at the bar before dinner and been offered my table. Now I tell them, "My reservation is at X:XX, I don’t need to be seated before then."

The longest i have ever waited (ariving on time) is 15 minues at O'hanas and the place was a total Zoo. Their resevations system is pretty good.

:number1: