PDA

View Full Version : BOG for Lunch?

steamboat willy
06-26-2013, 11:11 AM
We are planning a DISNEY TRIP in October and would like to visit the Beast Castle for lunch. Need suggestions. What time to get in line, just walk up, other?
Are we getting EXCITED yet!

buzznwoodysmom
06-26-2013, 11:48 AM
We got in line just a few minutes before opening. We were in the castle, ordered, seated, and waiting for our food in about 30 minutes. Totally worth it. Best Quick Service meal we've had in Disney.

cer
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
We got in line on June 16 Father's Day (Sunday) at 10:20 am. Doors open at 10:30. We were inside by 11.

I had originally heard to get in line at 10:30 and that was what we were planning thinking that the restaurant opened at 11. When we got there the line had already filled the bridge to the castle and was along the wall. There is a cast member stationed at the end of the line and she was handing out menus. Once you get to the bridge of the castle they provide large golf umbrellas so you can have some shade.

I half-way joked with a cast member asking him how long he thought it would take Disney to put up a cover over the walkway and he said they will likely never put a cover over the walkway and then I looked up and it was obvious. If they cover the walkway, it would block the view of Beast's castle. So be prepared, you will be standing in full on sun.

I recommend definitely getting in line before the doors open - but we were only a few minutes early and it work out great. You can ask the cast member how long it will take you to get inside from your location, they have a pretty good idea. Once the doors open, though, if you line up in the same location we were, the wait is consideraby longer (I hope that makes sense). So you best bet (again) is to line up before the doors open - even if it is just a little before.

Enjoy!

#1donaldfan
06-26-2013, 01:56 PM
We got in line just a few minutes before opening. We were in the castle, ordered, seated, and waiting for our food in about 30 minutes. Totally worth it. Best Quick Service meal we've had in Disney.

I totally agree with this !! My DD is a CM who tells me the same thing. She's done this exact thing and says she was in and out, minimal wait and the food is INCREDIBLE !!:cool:

VWL Mom
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
How are the crowds later in the day (after 2P)? Do they die down at all or is it just nonstop because of the newness?

Strmchsr
06-26-2013, 03:32 PM
How are the crowds later in the day (after 2P)? Do they die down at all or is it just nonstop because of the newness?

It's still non-stop all day. I doubt it'll ever slow down. After all, TSM and Soarin certainly aren't new anymore yet those crowds are as big as ever.

Hammer
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM

We got in line around 1:00 and were seated and eating by 1:30. This was December a few days before Christmas. Just so you know, I think they stop serving lunch at 2PM (maybe 2:30, I'm trying to get verification). We watched them switching over for dinner while we ate our lunch.

Pirate Granny
06-26-2013, 08:19 PM
They wouldn't let anyone in the line after 1:15 when we were there...plan accordingly. Line was past the bridge. This is to allow time to get in, order, seated and eat...BEFORE they close up and start preparing for dinner. I'm not sure when the first dinner reservation starts.

Hammer
06-27-2013, 12:14 AM
They wouldn't let anyone in the line after 1:15 when we were there...plan accordingly. Line was past the bridge. This is to allow time to get in, order, seated and eat...BEFORE they close up and start preparing for dinner. I'm not sure when the first dinner reservation starts.

The first dinner reservation is at 4:00. When we ate there we were still eating while they are switching over for dinner and no one tried to rush us out. Trust me, someone in our party would have said something if anyone had said anything to us ;) !

mom2ryandy
06-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Would the entire party need to be online before doors open? Would 1 of us be able to wait and the other 3 meet up as we got closer to the door?

PopPhan
06-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Would the entire party need to be online before doors open? Would 1 of us be able to wait and the other 3 meet up as we got closer to the door?

Touchy subject here. The rule of thumb is -- The whole group waits together, otherwise it is considered line jumping and severely frowned upon and, in some cases, not allowed.

mom2ryandy
06-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Touchy subject here. The rule of thumb is -- The whole group waits together, otherwise it is considered line jumping and severely frowned upon and, in some cases, not allowed.

That's what I thought and plan to do. Hoping standing in the sun doesn't take a toll on the family. Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2013, 03:44 PM

Actually I have heard multiple reports of one person waiting in line, ordering, and finding a seat then the rest of their party meeting them in the dining room. You can look at a menu in line, decide what everyone wants and go that route if for some reason you can't all wait in line together. We don't always stand in line together when getting food at other Disney locations. As long as your party isn't hogging a table when you haven't even ordered yet I don't see a problem with them meeting you in the dining room.

Anthony007
07-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Actually I have heard multiple reports of one person waiting in line, ordering, and finding a seat then the rest of their party meeting them in the dining room. You can look at a menu in line, decide what everyone wants and go that route if for some reason you can't all wait in line together. We don't always stand in line together when getting food at other Disney locations. As long as your party isn't hogging a table when you haven't even ordered yet I don't see a problem with them meeting you in the dining room.

I agree.....no need to let children get antsy in line......one person can do the ordering......less people in line then too.

kakn7294
07-07-2013, 08:24 AM

We got in line around 1:00 and were seated and eating by 1:30. This was December a few days before Christmas. Just so you know, I think they stop serving lunch at 2PM (maybe 2:30, I'm trying to get verification). We watched them switching over for dinner while we ate our lunch.

The first dinner reservation is at 4:00. When we ate there we were still eating while they are switching over for dinner and no one tried to rush us out. Trust me, someone in our party would have said something if anyone had said anything to us ;) !We were told that people start lining up as soon as the park opens in the morning and that they do not allow anyone to get in line for lunch after 2 or 2:30pm because they need to start converting to dinner. We were also told that dinner service doesn't start until 6pm but that seems a bit late to me.

MargaretMessler
07-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Silly question, but BOG takes quick service dining for lunch right? We have it free in September, and I would love to try it since we couldn't get a dinner res.

kakn7294
07-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Silly question, but BOG takes quick service dining for lunch right? We have it free in September, and I would love to try it since we couldn't get a dinner res.

I don't know for sure but I would assume so as they asked about a dining plan for dinner.