PDA

View Full Version : If you have to ask

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 11:00 AM
First off if I posted this in the wrong place please move.
I guess I just want to vent a little but lately when I am doing research for a trip I would like to do before the end of the year I can't find any prices. I have been trying to look things up on the WDW website. I am a somewhat intelligent person so at first just assumed it was me :confused:. You know not looking in the right spot, so end up posting here and asking for help. But now with the repeated frustration and once again not finding a price :mad: I have to wonder if this is another way to trick me into spending more (Starting to sound paranoid :paranoid: maybe I need meds after all they wouldn't try to trick me into spending more would they?). Anyhow got me thinking about the old saying about restaurants without prices on the menu "if you have to ask you can't afford it". So what do you think am I crazy? :thedolls:

Itchy
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I am guessing that you are trying to find food prices at various restaurants. I have found that some of them have their prices posted and some don't. When we are not on the dining plan I figure that if I take about $500 for a 6 night stay that it covers the meals and tips.

Most places that I have found at sit down restaurants have entries from the low $20's to low $30's.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-26-2013, 11:50 AM
The Disney site is frustrating at best!

In terms of meals, I think they tinker and fiddle with the prices so much, with holiday and "special" and regular pricing, the best they could offer is a range, and a pretty wide range, so they don't put anything up.

Still, I agree 100% with your frustration. I never search the Disney site, I always find way more information (and better advice) here!

Dulcee
06-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Even finding pricing for resorts is difficult lately.

Tickets are fairly straight forward but it is hard to straight compare room prices without running a full package or reservation quote.

steamboat willy
06-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Actually, if you go to info central on (tab on top) here on Intercot, then go to Dining, then to menus, it will give you the prices of ALL DISNEY Restaurant pricing. Not a hidden Mickey here....:eat:

Figment104
06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm at the point where I usually only use the site for very basic information, and then either look here or just google in general until I find what I'm looking for. It's almost always out there, but it can be tough to find.

I think you posted about the price of photopass in another thread and not being able to find the price for it. That was one I did a lot of googling for before our last trip, and also asking questions here. The best of both worlds!

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I am guessing that you are trying to find food prices at various restaurants. I have found that some of them have their prices posted and some don't. When we are not on the dining plan I figure that if I take about $500 for a 6 night stay that it covers the meals and tips.

Most places that I have found at sit down restaurants have entries from the low $20's to low $30's.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

This was only part of the problem, dinning plan cost, photo pass and yes restaurant prices. Right now am looking at going with TIW (which I also had trouble finding but finally did find with help) and gift cards so meals are basically paid for in advance.

In terms of meals, I think they tinker and fiddle with the prices so much, with holiday and "special" and regular pricing, the best they could offer is a range, and a pretty wide range, so they don't put anything up.

Even if the prices change with the season or they just felt like raising them they could still put them on the website. Even a range would be something. Just frustrated with them as I like to have everything paid for in advance so I can relax on vacation. And this trip will be a milestone. Have gone through a very rough time for last 5 years and this trip is something I have promised DD and myself to celebrate moving on with our lives, so am planning on spending more on a few extras. Just adds to my frustration though when I can never find a price. All I am saying is it shouldn't be this hard to price a vacation. But don't worry I'll get over it when we finally get there. :mickey:

Itchy
06-26-2013, 05:49 PM
I know what you mean. When I either drive or head to the airport I like knowing that the vacation is paid for other than tips, drinks, or other things not included in the package.

I like to relax knowing that either way I am going to eat, drink, and be merry...:blush:

PETE FROM NYC
06-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Actually, if you go to info central on (tab on top) here on Intercot, then go to Dining, then to menus, it will give you the prices of ALL DISNEY Restaurant pricing. Not a hidden Mickey here....:eat:

I find the posted prices are mostly outdated on INTERCOT. Sorry.
I get rough ideas on the WDW site, and remember that prices can go up on somebody's whim.

MargaretMessler
06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I have had good luck finding pricing info on various off Disney sites (including here), but not sure if it's allowed to post them. PM me.

Though as a couple others have said, online prices (no matter the source) can be out of date or subject to change. More to use as a rough guide.

Marytheta
06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Sent you a PM. Hope it helps!

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Got the pm thanks, will be checking out other site. But like I said before it shouldn't be this difficult to price a vacation.

BrerGnat
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Got the pm thanks, will be checking out other site. But like I said before it shouldn't be this difficult to price a vacation.

You're right, it shouldn't be. That's part of Disney's strategy. They make you nail down actual dates and then they only let you know how much THOSE dates cost, so you can't really easily comparison shop to try to find the best time, value wise, to go. A lot of people know when they can vacation, and will just plug in their dates and pay what Disney is asking.

However, the secret is out and there are many other sites that list the resort prices by season with everything broken down. Google is your friend here. Intercot is great but we simply can't cover all the bases, and the truth is, there are other sites that have a different focus where those types of details are posted.