PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Has anyone used photo pass mainly for ride photos? And would it be worth it? :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 10:42 AM
One more question. Can't seem to find the cost of photo pass on WDW site, anyone know the price these days? Thanks :mickey:

Figment104
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
It would really depend on how many ride photos you plan on getting. There are basically three types of photo pass you can get. The regular photopass which does not include ride photos, photopass + attractions, or photopass plus. You can pre-purchase photopass and photopass plus, however if you want the photopass + attractions, you would need to purchase the standard photopass and then once you are at the parks and have gone on a ride with a photo option, purchase the + attraction part at that time (I think it was an additional $40, but I could be wrong about that). If you decide to do the photopass plus make sure to pre-order at least 2 weeks in advance since they have to send you something in the mail for it.

Hope that helps a bit. I can't remember the price of the pre-order photopass, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help you out.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks it does help I will look into the different options. I am still looking for the cost of photopass. I am going to try google search next. :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Okay got this from another website

PhotoPass+

New as of April 2012 is PhotoPass+, a package that includes all your PhotoPass photos on a PhotoCD (you get a code in the package that you can use later to order the CD online), digital downloads of select attraction photos, dining photo print packages, a gallery CD with more than 400 stock photos and a lanyard, all for $199.95.

PhotoPass+ is sold at PhotoPass viewing stations throughout Walt Disney World, or in advance (see below). You can put up to a 14-night vacation on this package.

Participating attractions for PhotoPass+ include Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur.

Participating Character dining locations for PhotoPass+ include Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (breakfast) and Tusker House (breakfast). (Note that the photo print packages at Cinderella’s Royal Table and Princess Storybook Dining are already included in your dining cost, so this adds no value in that respect, but it does allow you to add the photos from those restaurants to your PhotoCD.)

Pre-order your Walt Disney World PhotoPass+ and save $50! It costs $149 through this link.

Order AT LEAST 14 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR VACATION! They will send you a physical package with a voucher that you need to take with you on your trip.

And this from the Disney site by clicking on a link from the other site.

With PhotoPass+ you enjoy
Unlimited PhotoPass photos in your account
The ability to customize your photos with fun Disney borders
Magic Shot photos
Photos from select dining locations
Photos from select attractions
Photos from other Disney experiences
Your Disney PhotoPass+ card for Photographers to recognize

By purchasing at least 14 days
before your vacation you pay
only $149

While I am glad to finally find this info it shouldn't be this much work to find it. I hope someone from Disney pays attention here because their site should be more user friendly. That includes their search engine which rarely give me the information I am looking for.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 08:57 AM
BTW just wanted to say I will be pre-ordering the cd. This is mainly for the ride photos as we always get these so I am familiar with the costs, which I am sure have gone up since my last visit. Now we can get all the ride photos we want, the dinner photos will be good to have also.

wellsm
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
You can upgrade to Photopass plus when you enter any park - just go to the camera shop near the front of each park. You can buy the photopass (at full price) there too, with or without the + option.

We did this last year, right after + came out. I picked up all of the onride photos, which was nice to do. Normally we would only get one or two. You have to find your onride photo number and then go to someone at the counter and give them your card to get it added to your account.

stephicakes
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
We did use the PhotoPass+ on our last trip because we brought 3 newbies along and wanted to make sure they had the ride photos for the memories. But for just our family, I don't see us doing it again for quite some time. The regular PhotoPass is enough for us and we don't do any character breakfasts (DD17 would die of embarrassment!). :photo: