PDA

View Full Version : Picking out rental car at MCO

Dream'nDisney
06-25-2013, 10:36 PM
We will be renting from Alamo. We have always gone to the counter and talked with them before getting our rental car. They have always given a couple options. This time, I think we are going to check-in ahead of time and print off our confirmation. I understand we can go straight to the Alamo lot at MCO, paperwork in hand, and pick our a car in the category we rented. Is it that easy? And I understand Alamo is on both Sides A and B of the airport correct? Any other tips would be great. Thanks!

AirlineGuy07
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Yep its pretty easy to do. You can bypass the counter altogether which we did In early June this year. When you check-in online you can choose the bypass the counter option. You have to print out the the bypass the counter voucher on your printer before you go. I had a little trouble getting the bypass the counter option to work before I went. I had to do it about 10 times before it worked so if you have trouble just keep trying. It might of been a computer glitch with there website. Other than that it was a piece of cake. They are on both sides of the airport. Just go to the garage, choice your car in your class and drive off the lot with a stop at the check out window.

Dream'nDisney
06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
I can't remember the layout of MCO, but we will be flying Southwest (which I thought was Terminal A - level 3). We need to pick up our luggage (which I thought was also Terminal A - level 2). Then we go to wherever the rental cars are (I assume level 1). Did I get that right?

Is the Alamo garage obvious to see? I just want to know exactly where I am going. Thanks.

Fangorn
06-26-2013, 10:07 PM
I can't remember the layout of MCO, but we will be flying Southwest (which I thought was Terminal A - level 3). We need to pick up our luggage (which I thought was also Terminal A - level 2). Then we go to wherever the rental cars are (I assume level 1). Did I get that right?

That's pretty much it. After you collect your luggage, go down to level 1and follow the signs for the Rental Car counters. Southwest baggage claim is at one end of the terminal, and the entrance to the garage is closer to the other end. Go out the doors across from the Alamo counter and the garage is directly across the street. Just follow the signs. It's really very simple.

Enjoy!

Steve

E-OR
06-26-2013, 10:52 PM
We have always rented from National or Alamo at the airport. We are club card holders so check in on line and just go out to the car isle and pick our car out. FYI...this last time we rented our car we found that it was a lot cheaper to rent from the Car Care Center at WDW. You are not charged for all the airport fees. Took the Disney bus to the hotel and Alamo picked us up. It is just as cheap to turn in at the airport after. Don't know why that is so In September when we go we will rent on property and return to the airport.

MargaretMessler
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
We have always rented from National or Alamo at the airport. We are club card holders so check in on line and just go out to the car isle and pick our car out. FYI...this last time we rented our car we found that it was a lot cheaper to rent from the Car Care Center at WDW. You are not charged for all the airport fees. Took the Disney bus to the hotel and Alamo picked us up. It is just as cheap to turn in at the airport after. Don't know why that is so In September when we go we will rent on property and return to the airport.

Good to know, as I have been pricing for September. I actually found a really good deal from Enterprise through a Costco membership renting at the airport in May, but no such luck this time around. I will have to look @ the car care center. Do you still book that thru the Alamo website?

Dream'nDisney
06-27-2013, 02:04 PM
We are going to Universal first so we need to rent our car from the Airport, unless we take a taxi or car service from the Airport to Universal and then rent a car so that we can do some shopping (DD wants to go to some outlets) before going to WDW.