PDA

View Full Version : My Magic Plus

iceicebritney
06-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I've been hearing a lot of conflicting information about the new my magic plus bands over the last few months. I know the resort plans to eventually have these bands to everyone but im looking at what our chances are for obtaining these on our upcoming trip. For our upcoming trip, I'm wondering a few things:

1. Are only those who purchase a magic your way package (room, tickets, food) eligible for my magic bands?
I'm debating purchasing annual passes and keeping our room only reservation or adding tickets onto our room and making a package. I want to do whatever gives me the best chance to try out a magic band.

2. Has anyone that has made a room only reservation with their annual pass received a magic band?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
06-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Annual Passholders will have the bands, too. Actually, the AP holders will be able to get "customized" bands with cool characters and colors, though that hasn't all been unveiled yet.

As for when it will be available - that's another "who knows" though they've been doing some large scale testing of the bands this month so I would imagine it'll roll out pretty soon.

BigB
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Also they seem to be targeting specific resorts. So, you'll have to be staying at one of those resorts and check in on a particular date. Its a lot of guess work and luck to be selected.

honeybear
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM
What are these Magic Bands?:confused:

Strmchsr
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
What are these Magic Bands?:confused:

They are wrist bands that you will wear instead of having a card. These bands will hold your Fastpass info, your ticket to get in, room key, etc. You'll even pay just by waving your band in front of the device. Everything is still keyed to your fingerprint though so someone else can't steal your band (or you loan it) and them use it.

honeybear
06-26-2013, 04:51 PM
They are wrist bands that you will wear instead of having a card. These bands will hold your Fastpass info, your ticket to get in, room key, etc. You'll even pay just by waving your band in front of the device. Everything is still keyed to your fingerprint though so someone else can't steal your band (or you loan it) and them use it.

Wow! Okay! Sounds interesting! May not be ready by this trip. Maybe by the next time we go it will be in full effect. Thanks for answering my question.