PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Bound

waymickey
06-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I am getting ready to go to the beach club in just a few weeks. Anyone have any advice for a first time visit? Any must do's or tips? I hear there is a exit door that many dont know about leading to epcot from the resort. Does anyone know where it is and how to navigate to it.

Strmchsr
06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
The way to get to Epcot from the Beach Club is just turn left and walk across to the International Gateway. It's pretty well known. Brings you right in between UK and France.

Beach Club is beautiful! You'll enjoy it though be prepared for possibly walking a LONG way to your rooms. Sometimes those corridors seem to go on forever. Make sure to stop for a treat at Beaches and Cream.

Dopey's Girl
06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
1) Get a burger and ice cream at Beaches and Cream...Holy Hannah, that was yummy!

2) Plan plenty of time for Stormalong Bay. I only got one day there, but it was amazing!

3) The lobby smells heavenly...enjoy it!

azcavalier
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
We'll be there in 61 days for our first ever stay at Beach Club. We've eaten at Beaches and Cream and walked past multiple times, but this time we've pulled the trigger! Can't wait! 8 days at Beach Club!

Dream'nDisney
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
You'll enjoy it though be prepared for possibly walking a LONG way to your rooms. Sometimes those corridors seem to go on forever.

There might be a door leading to outside that will cut down your walk to/from your room. We have found that to be the case when we stayed at BC and YC.

KathyMJ
06-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I love both Beach and Yacht Club. The location is wonderful. Night time is just beautiful! Take a nice stroll over along the Boardwalk.
The walk to Epcot is my favorite. You can take the boat, too, but the walk is really nice.
If you have little ones, they have movies on the beach at night....(although us big kids enjoy them, too)
I love that the rooms are bright and cheery!!
One of my favorite resorts...enjoy.

WDWParrothead
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
1) Get a burger and ice cream at Beaches and Cream...Holy Hannah, that was yummy!

2) Plan plenty of time for Stormalong Bay. I only got one day there, but it was amazing!

3) The lobby smells heavenly...enjoy it!

Yes, yes, and yes!:mickey:

DisneyFan1979
06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Hurrican Hanna's at the pool can be overlooked but has really good food. The hot food is all prepared to order. The grilled chicken sandwich is delicious--one of the best I've eaten. They have a nice seating area at the edge of the pool area and overlooking the lake so it can be enjoyed regardless of whether you're actually at the pool.

If you are given a room on the side of the resort closest to Epcot there are a number of possible exits that will avoid backtracking to the lobby. I recommend just wandering a bit after check-in to get a feel for things.

Mitzie
06-25-2013, 12:04 PM
The door you are refering to is up at the far corner of the resort and many post that it is a "secret' option in the event that it is raining or just to get out of the heat quicker. Your room key will get you in it. There is a fence that runs along that side of BC closest to Epcot there is a break in the fence- go through that. There is a sidewalk that runs along that side..there is a nondescript door..that is it.

AvonleaCF
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I'll be there in 60something days!! :)

First time at the BC and soooo excited! I plan on spending a lot of time at Stormalong Bay, and the majority of my trip at Epcot. 5 out of 6 of my ADRs are in the vicinity (World Showcase, BC, Boardwalk).

At least once I'm going to stroll over to the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast.

Does anyone know if the only two options for HS are boat or walk? No bus, right? Just trying to plan ahead. I know Epcot is walk or boat only.

DisneyEpcotDad
06-25-2013, 05:54 PM
:mickey: Eating at Beaches & Cream is highly recommended! Great food and fun environment! Late night ice cream snack (if you have room left). Cape May for dinner is a great seafood buffet, reservations highly recommended. Yeah, if you want to save a few steps from being outside, walk along the corridors to the Beach Club exit/entrance next to one of the quiet pools. Also, there is a nice quiet pool near the Yacht Club side of the Beach Club. Morning sunrises and evening sunsets are very relaxing along the Epcot Hotel resort area. Enjoy! It's one of the best resort locations at DW:mickey:

Posterchild
06-26-2013, 06:26 AM
Enjoy your trip. I will be there in about 60 days too.

The pool is the best, and I hear they have an exclusive beer now which excites me! Also exclusive drinks. Maybe a trend at the pool bars to spruce them up a bit.

The Boardwalk area is awesome. The street performers were great (Jugglers & Magic). My teens loved them.

Jelly Rolls is real fun, just be sure to eat 1st.

I want to try Kimono's sushi @ Dolphin.

Oh, the Beach Club! I cant wait.

Melanie
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
The door you are refering to is up at the far corner of the resort and many post that it is a "secret' option in the event that it is raining or just to get out of the heat quicker. Your room key will get you in it. There is a fence that runs along that side of BC closest to Epcot there is a break in the fence- go through that. There is a sidewalk that runs along that side..there is a nondescript door..that is it.

I had a room in that area one time, and it was wonderful! Such a hidden treasure.

Have a great time at the Beach Club. One of my very favorites and definitely my favorite location at the resort. Everyone has given you awesome ideas on what to do. The area is hopping!

waymickey
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Thank you for all the tips!:mickey: If there are more out there please keep them coming! I am very excited to go and looking forward to exploring the BC.

MarkC
06-28-2013, 10:55 AM
A couple of tips -- watch Illuminations from the area around England and you will be in your room in no time after it's over.

If you happen to miss the boat to HS, you may want to walk or drive if you have a car. The boat runs very slowly but it's a very relaxing ride if you can catch it.

If you have kids-- good luck getting them out of Stormalong Bay to go the parks.

jefmblrd
06-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I've been a DVC member for many years and The Beach Club is my home resort--something I'm very thankful for. I've stayed in Deluxe accommodations all over WDW-including The Grand Floridian, and The Beach Club is my favorite hands down.

The resort is beautiful and the rooms are spacious with a comforting, welcoming feel after a long day of walking at WDW.

The location is great. Being able to walk into Epcot is a huge plus. If you want to take the time and ride the monorail, you can just jump on and head off to MK if you like. You can jump on a boat and have a relaxing ride to HS. Eliminating at least two bus rides is a huge plus in my eyes.

Stormalong Bay is the best pool on WDW property. You can easily spend the day there, and the kids love it. Going to Beaches and Cream is fun as well--always a good time watching the procession when someone orders a Kitchen Sink sundae.

There's lots of activity around the lagoon area and walking over to the Boardwalk area is a good time as well. Lots to do over there and some good restaurants.

Have lots of fun at The Beach Club; I'll be there soon, but not soon enough!

AvonleaCF
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Do the standard rooms at the Beach Club have a DVD player? Not planning on spending THAT much time in the room, but I'm traveling solo so sometimes it's nice to have something good to watch or as background noise while getting ready in the morning or getting ready for bed.

Also are there lockers to rent at Stormalong Bay? Again, since I'm going solo, I'm not sure what to do with my room key while swimming.

Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Be sure to do a resort review when you get back, we are staying there next trip too! Have fun:thumbsup:

waymickey
07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Be sure to do a resort review when you get back, we are staying there next trip too! Have fun:thumbsup:

I definitely will. I am excited and nervous but mostly excited. :mickey:

stephicakes
07-11-2013, 12:37 PM
My advice is to walk slowly through the lobby - it smells sooooooooooo good!! :cloud9:

spoiledraf
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
The Marketplace, the Beachclubs little in house store/breakfast bar, has a convenient little sitting area right across the hall. Tables and chairs and a TV. Nice little quiet area.
We always go over to the Boardwalk side and hit the ESPN Club for a lunch. Love the home run hot dogs. there are no reservations taken and it gets really busy during football season game days.
As mentioned, don't miss Beaches and Cream or the character breakfast at Cape May Café. The Yachtsman Steakhouse right next door is quite good.
I think the best thing about staying at the BC is after the fireworks at Epcot you can just stroll back to your room through the International Gateway instead of battle the hoards of people trying to board busses at the front entrance.
And we have made good use of the Secret Door of the way to Epcot. had a room right near it two years ago.
Have Fun. I hope to be there in November.

missymouseworld
07-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Do the standard rooms at the Beach Club have a DVD player? Not planning on spending THAT much time in the room, but I'm traveling solo so sometimes it's nice to have something good to watch or as background noise while getting ready in the morning or getting ready for bed.

Also are there lockers to rent at Stormalong Bay? Again, since I'm going solo, I'm not sure what to do with my room key while swimming.

Thanks!

Coin-operated lockers are available for $1.00 per use near Stormalong Bay.

Website is listing a DVD player under Amenities for Club Level Only. When we stayed there, the Garden View room did not have a DVD player.

missymouseworld
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
The Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club has a good breakfast buffet and we had a nice dinner there as well. It was more relaxed and a bit more quiet than the dinner buffet at the Cape May Café.

AvonleaCF
07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Coin-operated lockers are available for $1.00 per use near Stormalong Bay.

Website is listing a DVD player under Amenities for Club Level Only. When we stayed there, the Garden View room did not have a DVD player.

Thanks so much for the info!