PDA

View Full Version : Nice dinner near Pop?

Disney Yankee
06-23-2013, 05:13 PM
We are staying at Pop for our first night this year. Does anyone have suggestions for a nice dinner near Pop? I know there is only a food court at Pop.

MargaretMessler
06-23-2013, 05:52 PM
On or off property? You could try one of the nicer places at DTD. Depends on what type of food you like. Wolfgang Pucks, Captain Jacks, Raglan Road...could also do dinner and a movie as the cinemas are there

Disney Yankee
06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
On property. We won't have a car. DTD sounds good. Thanks!

PETE FROM NYC
06-23-2013, 06:17 PM
You could also bus it to TTC and check out the monorail resort restaurants.

Pirate Granny
06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
We personally love the food court at the Art of Animation right across the bridge from you...great value, good menu and especially nice to walk around at night to enjoy the theming! We've taken a bus over there a couple of times...for these reasons...

MargaretMessler
06-24-2013, 04:05 PM
You could also bus it to TTC and check out the monorail resort restaurants.

Also if you're going to branch out that far, you could even find transportation from MK to either AKL or FW.

Ohana @ the Poly is great if you can get in. I hear the restaurants over @ AKL are nice but have never tried them.

Pop Centurion
06-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Shortest travel would be the either DTD or Boardwalk.
I'd recommend Wolfgang Puck Cafe' in DTD. Food is good & priced fair. Raglan Road is also very good.
For the Boardwalk you can take the bus to DHS then take the water taxi (or walk). An outside seat during the sunset hours at Big River Grille is nice to take in the atmosphere. The food is average though. I haven't eaten at any of the other restaurants (with the exception of ESPN) so maybe others can recommend something better. The advantage of the Boardwalk is after dinner you can go to Atlantic Dance Hall or Jellyrolls dueling piano bar if you wish.

If travel distance isn't an issue, I highly recommend 'Ohana at the Polynesian or Boma at AKL. Both are huge favorites of mine.

steamboat willy
06-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Here's another great review for Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. Counter Service pricing, with Table Service Service. Something for the entire Family. Meatloaf to wood burning Pizza. Great Place!

Jared
06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Raglan Road at Downtown Disney is a great option.

JerseyDad
07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
....although it's "just a food court" ....check out the POP menu before you head out to another restaurant. I see that they've just done a complete menu overhaul and some of the items look interesting ..to say the least.

...depending what time you're arriving at POP ...this may be an option ...rather than traveling to another venue.

...however ...if you do opt for DtD ....I second (strongly) ...eating at Wolfgang Puck's Express. The food ...and service ...is amazing.