PDA

View Full Version : Buying Groceries or Delivery Service

Dream'nDisney
06-20-2013, 06:08 PM
We will have a rental car and driving from Hard Rock to Yacht Club on our vacation and I was wondering if there was a place to pick up a styrofoam cooler, case of water and Gatoraid and snacks for room that is right on the way (without going out of our way too much). To me, I'm thinking it would be worth the grocery fee to have a service deliver to Yacht Club instead of taking time out of our trip to stop. Plus, I think if we stop, we will end up spending more than what will be on our list plus more time shopping around instead of just getting what we need. Any advice on places would be great. Thanks! :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Definitely check out Strollers and Groceries, who is an Intercot sponsor.

faline
06-20-2013, 07:03 PM
If you decide to stop, here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=193246&highlight=grocery+stores) is some information about possible spots.

If you go for the grocery delivey be sure to use Intercot sponsor, Strollers and Groceries (https://www.strollersandgroceries.com/).

DizneyRox
06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Check minimums for a delivery service. I prefer to make my own stops generally. But I buy more fruits and other perishables that I would be more picky about. Also between the delivery fees and tips, it would be much cheaper to stop on your own.

From Hard Rock, I'd probably stop at Goodings at the end of Hotel Boulevard (if that's what it's called out by Downtown Disney). There's others, but that has always been pretty convenient for us.

I'd buy whatever you can vs buying on property. We get a few cases of water and chuck what we don't use, otherwise you're spending what $2.50 per bottle at Disney? Soda, chips, crackers, etc can keep you out of the counter service location at your resort and save you a ton too. And if you want, a cocktail or two can be had instead of purchasing it on site.

PETE FROM NYC
06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
For the few items you listed, there is a 7-eleven, or one of its clones, every hundred yards or so, in any tourist area.

mechanic
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
plus walmart, target, winn dixie all on way. there are also hess stores right on property that have decent prices on supplies.

Dream'nDisney
06-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! I will start searching for these places.

Dream'nDisney
06-22-2013, 09:45 AM
If I remember correctly, we stopped at a Hess Gas Station right by Epcot/Dolphin area to fuel up before returning our rental car to Dolphin a few years ago. Is that where that gas station is? If I also remember, they didn't really have a case of water or Gatoraid, but we weren't really looking to buy it then. Would they have it there as well as a large styrofoam cooler?

Dream'nDisney
06-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Okay, I have searched and it looks like there is a Super Walmart at 8990 Turke Lake Road and a Goodings on 8255 International Drive, both of which are on our way to WDW from Hard Rock Hotel. I also saw a Publix further south and a little closer to WDW. I am leaning towards Walmart just for the fact that if we forgot something (other than a grocery item) more than likely Walmart would have it. Also, I would think they would be more likely to have styrofoam coolers than a grocery store. Plus if it is a true Super Walmart, we could top off the rental car gas tank with one stop. The downfall is that I think we will be tempted to shop around in Walmart longer than we would a grocery store, and I hate to take away from WDW time! :mickey: I would like to hear suggestions on stopping here. Thanks!

faline
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM
One year, we stopped at the Super Walmart thinking it might be a better choice. When we left, we wished we had stopped at Publix intead.

Dream'nDisney
06-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Does Publix have Styrofoam coolers, alcohol as well as cases of water, Gatorade, etc.? Why were you disappointed in Walmart?

faline
06-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I didn't look for styrofoam coolers though it seems to me that most grocery stores carry them.

Publix carries water, Gatorade, beer & wine. It does not carry alcoholic beverages. I do know that there is a place to buy alcohol by Goodings.

To me, Publix seemed to have fresher items and more of what I wanted (mostly breakfast items like bagels & cream cheese or danish). Probably just a personal preference.

Dream'nDisney
06-24-2013, 01:09 PM
We just love those new "adult" frozen juice bags, so we will want to save money and buy those on our way to WDW. I guess we will have to stick with Walmart or Goodings. I just don't want to have to make two stops. Thank you for the advice.