PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Check-in Learn from my mistake

cer
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
For those of you who fly Southwest (and we do and like it alot) I have never had problems with checking in at the 24 hour mark, so I find that paying extra for the Early Bird Check-in is an upgrade.

I did not think it was necessary this time either and I had my husband set an alarm on his phone for 10 min before check-in both for when we were at home and then an alarm for when we needed to check-in at Disney for our departure flight to come home.

This was set weeks in advance and I thought nothing of it until the alarm went off when we were chilling in the hotel room. That's strange, why was the alarm late? :confused:

When the alarm was set, it was set for Austin time, not Orlando time, so when the alarm went off, we were already an hour past the 24 hour check-in time. Our boarding passes were in the B40-ish section and we were fortunate that we were able to get seating together.

I just wanted you to learn from my mistake that if you are setting an alarm for Disney, make sure you account for the correct time zone. :)

VWL Mom
06-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Time zone changes are something I tend to occasionally forget about when DH and DS21 are traveling and I'm checking on their flights. Thanks for the helpful reminder. I'm glad you were still able to sit together.

DizneyRox
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Don't feel bad, I've read of people getting B checking in a 24 hours. Either last year or the year before we were in A mid 30's with early bird check in.

BigB
06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Most phones allow you to have the time auto adjusted. So if you change time zones the phone changes accordingly.

When we flew SW last year I checked in at the 24 hour mark and got mid B numbers. When we use resort check in we got late B numbers.