PDA

View Full Version : Charm Bracelets at Disneyworld

mickeys_princess_mom
06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
I have a charm bracelet I've had since I was a teenager, but it's in pretty bad shape, and those charms are getting harder to find. Everyone seems to love the Chamilia style now. Did you buy the bracelet at Disneyworld, and is that a good deal? (Would be significant to me, but...) Perhaps I should purchase bracelet before the trip, and just enjoy adding beads from WDW? Also--are the bracelets all basically the same style at Disneyworld? Anything flexible?

beksy
06-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I just started one of these so I'm interested in finding out the options too.

Kerry823
06-17-2013, 08:36 PM
I have two Pandora bracelets and bought two chamila charms in March. My word of advice would be to make sure you try to fit the charms to the bracelet in the store. Some of the threads don't line up correctly and won't fit. Oddly, they both fit one of my pandora's but not the other. I didn't think the price was outrageous. I bought my at the Grand Floridian. I don't recall if they had the bracelets but they did have a good supply of the charms. Either way, I love to look at them at work and it takes me back to my favorite place:mickey:. Enjoy!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Thank you! I'm thinking that I really want to start one! I'll see if I can find out about what kinds of bracelets are offered there. I read somewhere that Chamilia charms fit on Pandora bracelet, but Pandora charms don't fit on Chamilia? Is that right? Or maybe it was that Pandora doesn't make Disney charms...

stephicakes
06-18-2013, 05:57 AM
I don't know anything about Chamilia, but just FYI about using other beads on a Pandora bracelet...

Pandora will not clean (tumble) your bracelet if there are beads on it that are not the Pandora brand. I like to get my Pandora bracelet cleaned in the store while I browse and they always make it a point to say they will not do it if another brand's beads are on it.

Just FYI in case that is something that is important to you :D

Happy shopping!!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-18-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't know anything about Chamilia, but just FYI about using other beads on a Pandora bracelet...

Pandora will not clean (tumble) your bracelet if there are beads on it that are not the Pandora brand. I like to get my Pandora bracelet cleaned in the store while I browse and they always make it a point to say they will not do it if another brand's beads are on it.

Just FYI in case that is something that is important to you :D

Happy shopping!!

Hmmm, thank you! I still need to do more research, I see...

kakn7294
06-18-2013, 09:33 AM
My bracelet came from Kay Jewelers and so far, all brands of beads fit it just fine - I have generic, Hallmark, and Pandora. I do not have Chamilia but I know that they fit as well. Kay's also has Disney beads. I bought stopper beads (the Kay's ones have rubber inside) to keep my beads from falling off.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-18-2013, 10:03 AM
My bracelet came from Kay Jewelers and so far, all brands of beads fit it just fine - I have generic, Hallmark, and Pandora. I do not have Chamilia but I know that they fit as well. Kay's also has Disney beads. I bought stopper beads (the Kay's ones have rubber inside) to keep my beads from falling off.

Thank you! :wave:

Zippy 1
06-18-2013, 10:07 PM
My Chamilia bracelet is all Disney. It was not started in DW but I added two charms while there. I love to look at it and remember why I love Disney so much! I believe only Chamillia is the only one who does Disney beads and they do a lot. You can get a Chamilia base bracelet at a local jeweler for a very reasonable price. Our jeweler does a lot of sales where if you spend a certain amount you get a Chamilia bracelet for free. I don't know if other jewelers do this.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
My Chamilia bracelet is all Disney. It was not started in DW but I added two charms while there. I love to look at it and remember why I love Disney so much! I believe only Chamillia is the only one who does Disney beads and they do a lot. You can get a Chamilia base bracelet at a local jeweler for a very reasonable price. Our jeweler does a lot of sales where if you spend a certain amount you get a Chamilia bracelet for free. I don't know if other jewelers do this.

Thank you so much! :wave:

Figment104
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I specifically bought a Chamilla bracelet when I found out that they were the ones that did the Disney charms, and that sometimes the Chamilla charms wouldn't fit on a Pandora bracelet. I know have charms on my bracelet from Disney and also from Amazon, that are non-Chamilla branded that I've received as gifts. I love my bracelet, but especially my disney beads.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks! That does seem to be the way to go!
:wave:

Christine
07-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm going to add one more wrinkle to this-
Pandora also has leather bracelets! They're very popular right now and I would have to think they could accommodate any charm as they are not threaded? I hope to get one soon as the jewelry store in downtown Celebration is going out of business and the store is half off. I will make that my Disney only bracelet I think. Right now I have a pandora that is all about my daughter and one that is a mix of Disney and random things.

Happy shopping!