PDA

View Full Version : Exciting News

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
DH and I found out on Saturday that we're expecting our first baby (just in time for Father's Day)!!! :D

I'm only 4.5 weeks along but all seems fine at this point and things seem to be progressing as they should. I should be due around February 20th. DH and I hope to take a "babymoon" later this Fall or early December.

We are sooo excited and I just had to tell someone, so thanks for listening! If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears. :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-17-2013, 02:35 PM
:congrats: Enjoy every second of the pregnancy. Life changes quickly when the little one arrives. :mickey:

Dulcee
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
No Advice just lots of congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :mickey:

I hope to be in your position about a year from now.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
No Advice just lots of congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :mickey:

I hope to be in your position about a year from now.

When the time is right for you, I highly recommend the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor! ;)

Dopey's Girl
06-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Such exciting news! Congrats on the little :prince: or :princess:!

disneymom15
06-17-2013, 04:17 PM
:congrats:Seems like only yesterday we were bringing our daughter home from the hospital, later this week we're going shopping for her wedding dress. Enjoy every minute of it, they grow up so fast.

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Congrats! What an exciting time for you!

Ok, so here's some advise.
1. Don't worry so much about how other people think you should do things, go with your gut and natural instincts.

2. Don't feel you have to wait till the baby is old enough to remember things such as trips to Disney, the memories you make will last YOU a lifetime,even if the baby may not remember it all.

3. Cherish every moment, and don't take a minute for granted. Their childhood goes by so quickly, enjoy it to the fullest!

IloveJack
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
2. Don't feel you have to wait till the baby is old enough to remember things such as trips to Disney, the memories you make will last YOU a lifetime,even if the baby may not remember it all.

Yep, we've taken each of ours for their first birthday. They don't remember it, but we do, and the pictures are priceless.

Congrats by the way. Our third was born 14 days ago. They do grow up way too fast.

IloveJack
06-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh, and I told I'cot first, too. I didn't want to announce publicly til the end of the first trimester, but I figured I could safely tell here!

joanna71985
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Congrats!

Pirate Granny
06-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Hurray, enjoy every minute!

Kairi_7378
06-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Congrats! What an exciting time for you!

Ok, so here's some advise.
1. Don't worry so much about how other people think you should do things, go with your gut and natural instincts.

3. Cherish every moment, and don't take a minute for granted. Their childhood goes by so quickly, enjoy it to the fullest!

This is great advice! It seemed like I got lots of opinions about things after my son was born and it got me very confused, especially when things would conflict. Also... We started to take DS to museums when he was 6 months old. Of course he doesn't remember these trips but I have fantastic memories of him checking things out in the Smithsonian.

Congratulations and best wishes for an easy pregnancy.

CuteAsMinnie
06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
:congrats:

Enjoy every minute!

The "What to Expect" books are really good

There exists a pregnancy calendar of sorts where you can mark your progress and milestones. It's really fun. Also, there is a pregnancy diary/journal too.

A girlfriend and her husband somehow remembered to take a sideways picture of her every single week! What fun!

God Bless, take care of yourself and Enjoy your Blessing!

:cloud9:

DVC2004
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Congrats! How exciting! Best wishes!

minnie04
06-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Congratulations!!! best wishes on your new Disney Prince/Princess..lol:mickey: How exciting

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Aww, thank you so much for your well wishes and advice.

I picked up a copy of "What To Expect When Expecting" last night!

Denise, you gave wonderful advice! A lot of times people do want to give their two cents, lol. And we'll definitely be taking our little one to Disney when we want to go as opposed to waiting till he/she is 7.

We plan to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex. We really want that magical moment in the delivery room where the doc says "it's a ...". I'll be sure to keep you updated and let you know when little one arrives in 8.5 months!

Disney4us2
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Congratulations:mickey: I liked the book Your Pregnancy Week by Week. Enjoy your pregnancy.

JamesNguyen
06-19-2013, 12:52 PM
:congrats:Seems like only yesterday we were bringing our daughter home from the hospital, later this week we're going shopping for her wedding dress. Enjoy every minute of it, they grow up so fast.

Surely enjoy every moment of this wonderful occasion..Congrats a lot:)

minnie04
06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
We plan to wait until the baby is born to find out the sex. We really want that magical moment in the delivery room where the doc says "it's a ...". I'll be sure to keep you updated and let you know when little one arrives in 8.5 months!

That's what we did for the first two (last one we needed to know to prepare the room for sharing) Also, you will hear everyday all day people (moms) telling you "I did this and I did that” just let it roll off your shoulders and smile. It can be overwhelming at first, but then you do see that some moms give good advice..lol All I will say is ENJOY every minute of being pregnant I sure did :cloud9:

JamesNguyen
06-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Seems like only yesterday we were bringing our daughter home from the hospital, later this week we're going shopping for her wedding dresses (http://www.robustbuy.com/wedding-events-wedding-dresses-c-1165_1166.html). Enjoy every minute of it, they grow up so fast.

Surely enjoy every moment of this wonderful occasion..Congrats a lot:)
Awesome enjoy your coming baby..

emerzmom
06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Congrats!!!!
:tink:
Julie