PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland

NewDVCowner
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Can someone give me more information about the Tables in Wonderland thing. I went onto info central but it only talks about the cost and what restaurants are particpating, not what it is or does. I remember reading that it gives a certain percentage off but what percentage? on what? I think I also remember reading that this is something that DVC members can purchase, is that still available? How long is the card good for?

As you can see, I'm a little confused here. :blush:

Thank you.

AgentC
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Tables in Wonderland cost $100 for Passholders and DVC members and $125 for FL residents. It gives you a 20% discount off all food and alcohol at most table service restaurants and select quick service. Quick service /counter service discount is available at resorts without a table service restaurant and a few others like Flame Tree at AK.

When it is used at a table service there is a mandatory 18% gratuity added. This has never bothered me since we usually trip 20% or more.

The card is good for about 13 months but depending on when in the month you buy it you may get a little more. I bought my new one on June 9th and it expires July 31, 2014.

I love mine.

VWL Mom
06-14-2013, 05:01 PM
The card is $100 for DVC members. It gives you 20% off most TS locations (and some lounges) and includes adult beverages. It also gives 20% off resort CS locations that have no TS offered. A gratuity of 18% is automatically added to the bill. It is good for 1 year (sometimes a bit more since it goes to the end of the month). One card is good for yourself +7. We love it!

Edit: (Cindy types faster than me)

NewDVCowner
06-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Thank you.

Here's another stupid question. At the counter service locations they don't add the 18% tip, right? That's just at the table service?

Thanks!

VWL Mom
06-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Correct, TS only.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2013, 12:29 PM
It's good for up to 10 persons!!! Just checked..which is good cause we have ten going next June, and our card doesn't expire until June 30th!

Quadstriker
06-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Did they raise the price of this recently? I remember it being less than a benji.

Really worth it for Wife and me. We prefer a nice sit down lunch or dinner every day at WDW. Plus, discount on alcohol during our mid-day pit stops. Ship it!

big blue and hairy
06-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Did they raise the price of this recently? I remember it being less than a benji.

Really worth it for Wife and me. We prefer a nice sit down lunch or dinner every day at WDW. Plus, discount on alcohol during our mid-day pit stops. Ship it!

Yes, it was $100 for FL residents, but $75 for Passholders. Price has jumped considerably. :sad: It's still worth it if you go fairly often and dine at more expensive restaurants.

:sulley:

Mrs Bus Driver
06-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread but is there somewhere I can get a list of CS at the parks where TIW can be used? Thanks :mickey:

stephicakes
06-16-2013, 04:23 PM
They have their own website with a list of places where you can use the discount :marg: :D

TheDuckRocks
06-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Here you go. This is the link to the official site:
http://tablesinwonderland.com/
Note to mods - I posted this as it is an official Disney site. If this is not correct please delete ASAP.:blush:

Melanie
06-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Not a problem, Kay! :thumbsup:

Yes, even with the price increase, this can be a real money saver. I loved our TiW card. It's especially beneficial for locals. And if you like to indulge in some adult beverages, even better!

Mrs Bus Driver
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Thank you TheDuckRocks, this was very helpful. FYI everyone DVC and AP members pay $100 its $125 for everyone else. Now for my :twocents: it looks like this is worth while if you have a large party. You will get your money back and then some. However not so sure this would be of benefit for a small group of say 2 or 3. Unless you do table service at every meal. While I enjoy table service once a day is plenty. So now I am trying to figure out if it would be best to skip DP and pay out of pocket. Personally I don't want desert at every meal and sometimes like an appetizer and adult beverage at dinner :mickey:

AgentC
06-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Now for my :twocents: it looks like this is worth while if you have a large party. You will get your money back and then some. However not so sure this would be of benefit for a small group of say 2 or 3. Unless you do table service at every meal. While I enjoy table service once a day is plenty.

It really depends on what you order and if there are any adult beverages. The savings on those add up quick.

We are usually a party of 3-5 but two are children who do not usually order very much. I do not normally do more than one table service a day. I used my card at Vero for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and a character dinner. The savings was about $75.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-17-2013, 10:59 AM
It really depends on what you order and if there are any adult beverages. The savings on those add up quick.

We are usually a party of 3-5 but two are children who do not usually order very much. I do not normally do more than one table service a day. I used my card at Vero for 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and a character dinner. The savings was about $75.

I will have to do the math and see what I come up with. Thanks :mickey:

mdricks
06-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Just came over from a differnt thread on DDP where cost savings is being discussed.

TIW is the place where guests can save money. If you go with a party of adults ready to drink a few and eat well the card pays for iteslf in one or two days.

$500 of total reciepts is the break even for AP and $625 for residents.

I have had bar bills at Rose and Crown that came very close to hitting the break even #.

4 adults with drinks and wine at Cali grill? yep.

:number1: