PDA

View Full Version : Resort Food Court Coffee

PCruzer
06-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Have all the resort food court venues switched over to the Joffrey's coffee? Wondering about Port Orleans Riverside in particular. Also, is the Joffrey's coffee a big improvement over the Nescafe?

TheHD
06-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I cannot answer your question, but anything would be better than the Nescafe they've offered in the past.

big blue and hairy
06-14-2013, 02:49 PM
I don't know about Riverside, but a couple of weeks ago French Quarter still had the Nescafe (so did CBR). I am surprised that Pop Century appears to be one of the first to change to Joffrey's. It was a welcome change. :coffee:

:sulley:

PCruzer
06-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know about Riverside, but a couple of weeks ago French Quarter still had the Nescafe (so did CBR).

Thanks for responding. I'm trying to figure out if I need to bring my coffee maker with me when I go to Disney. I'd rather not have to bring it, but I can't drink that horrible Nescafe coffee. Guess I better leave room in my luggage!

joonyer
06-14-2013, 09:07 PM
I cannot answer your question, but anything would be better than the Nescafe they've offered in the past.

:ditto: Warm muddy water is better than Nescafe. :shake:

Eric87
06-15-2013, 09:39 AM
I enjoy my morning cup of coffee everyday as well. In Disney, I drank what the resorts offered and though it is not good, I found myself occasionally buying Nescafé packets to bring me back to those mornings of standing in line and waiting to go to the parks.

big blue and hairy
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for responding. I'm trying to figure out if I need to bring my coffee maker with me when I go to Disney. I'd rather not have to bring it, but I can't drink that horrible Nescafe coffee. Guess I better leave room in my luggage!

The moderate rooms have coffee makers. I think they are pods now, but I'm sure the pods are not Nescafe. I would suggest calling the resort directly and asking them. The number is in Info Central.

Kairi_7378
06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
The moderate resorts now have pods (NOT K cups) and the brand when we were there in Sept. was cuisinart. I bought coffee pods at Super Fresh and packed them in my luggage. Much easier to transport than a coffee pot! (Plus we had a little more room for souveniers when were leaving!)

PS: I asked this question last year and Melanie was nice enough to post a photo of the coffee machines. Scroll down to see a photo :) http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=192109

Mendelson
06-16-2013, 07:33 PM
We found Starbucks Via to be a great travel companion.

PETE FROM NYC
06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
I never heard of Joffrey til I read it on intercot.
What kind of coffee is it? I love my chock full o'nuts. I hope this new brand is nothing like Starbucks, which I refer to as burnt swamp mud. I know, different strokes for different folks, but I hate these snobby coffees.

big blue and hairy
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
I hope this new brand is nothing like Starbucks, which I refer to as burnt swamp mud. I know, different strokes for different folks, but I hate these snobby coffees.

I don't understand the burnt swamp mud. Starbucks has 8000 varieties (slight exaggeration...), some strong, some not.

I don't consider my black Starbucks for under $2 very snobby....just sayin....:coffee:

Also, normally, I buy it by the bag at Walmart and make it at home.

mickeyman42
06-22-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't consider my black Starbucks for under $2 very snobby....just sayin....

yeah I never quite got this idea either. here its either Tim Hortons (boo) or Starbucks (yeah). I can get a large Tim Hortons coffee for $1.80 or I can get a same sized starbucks for $2.05 so am I a snob for paying 25 cents more for my coffee?

Obviously you can get more expensive specialty drinks that cost more but now you are not comparing apples to apples are you? I guess perception is everything

AmandaChan
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
I enjoy my morning cup of coffee everyday as well. In Disney, I drank what the resorts offered and though it is not good, I found myself occasionally buying Nescafé packets to bring me back to those mornings of standing in line and waiting to go to the parks.

YESSSSS same here... It makes me so happy when my coffee reminds me of the old days drinking coffee at wdw. The last time we went though in 2011 I think the coffee tasted so different and I was actually very disappointed that it wasn't like I expected. My favorite thing. And then I found the lattes at Main Street Bakery and I was so surprised at how much I liked those little tiny already made lattes (when you go in the AM they premake them) and now I can't even have that!! wahhhhhh.

big blue and hairy
06-23-2013, 10:49 PM
yeah I never quite got this idea either. here its either Tim Hortons (boo) or Starbucks (yeah). I can get a large Tim Hortons coffee for $1.80 or I can get a same sized starbucks for $2.05 so am I a snob for paying 25 cents more for my coffee?

Yeah, in an earlier post someone was bashing Starbucks for the $10, 800 calorie coffees. That's strictly a choice. I like Starbucks coffee black. If I put anything in it, it is cinnamon and splenda, which add no calories and are, by the way, FREE!

PCruzer
07-21-2013, 07:51 AM
OK....just checking....any updates on the food court coffee at POR? Has the switch been made to Joffrey's? Is it a BIG improvement over Nescafé?

Figment104
07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
I'm curious about this too since I have a friend going at the end of Sept who has asked me. They are staying at the French Quarter as of right now.

So, staying tuned to find out more :popcorn:

Crow
07-25-2013, 02:44 PM
so POP doesn't have Nescafe anymore...that's a shame.
Id like to know also which resorts have changed over. that might also influence my decision to get a mug on my next trip.