PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast for 2

BuddyL4
06-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Howdy folks!

I need some help and I know you all give the best advice. For our families trip in August I would like to take the DW out for a meal just the 2 of us. Dinner won't be an option this trip so I thought breakfast would be the next best thing. We are staying at the contemporary and don't want to go to far but might if it sounds good.

Thanks for reading and look forward to the responses :thumbsup:

Hammer
06-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Big fan of Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast! Lovely place for an adults only breakfast. We usually order the lobster eggs benedict :tasty: !

BuddyL4
06-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Anything that starts with lobster gets my attention!

magicofdisney
06-13-2013, 03:17 PM
You could also try Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. They offer their world famous Tonga Toast. :mickey:

VWL Mom
06-13-2013, 04:30 PM
The Wave at CR has a nice breakfast menu. If you haven't been there yet you might want to try it.

2MuchWDFun
06-13-2013, 07:29 PM
You could also try Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. They offer their world famous Tonga Toast. :mickey:

:thumbsup::):yay:
Excellent option and it's only a short monorail ride away!! Love the 100% Kona french press coffee--it is a lovely way to start your day!!!:coffee:

faline
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm also a fan of the Grand Floridian Cafe. When compared to Kona Cafe and The Wave, the atmosphere feels more sophisticated and romantic at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The food is always good at this location but they never seem to be overly busy.

TheDuckRocks
06-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Lucky you! Just a short monorail ride away from my 2 favorite breakfasts at Disney World - Grand Floridian Café and Kona Café, love them both.

Pop Centurion
06-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Another vote for Kona Cafe'. My wife & I shared Tonga Toast & Seasonal Pumpkin Pancakes which were amazing. The french press coffee was great as well & our server offered to fill 2 to-go cups for us to take with us.

BuddyL4
06-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you all for your input! Well it came down to Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe. After careful consideration I have made the reservation. Hopefully after 24 years with my bride I chose wisely. And the winner is ..........

Kona Cafe :joy::tasty::thanks::thanks::wave:

Thank you all for the help.

Heck, if the wife likes maybe we will hit the Grand Floridian later in the week.