PDA

View Full Version : Cat in the Hat Spinning?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2013, 10:01 PM
So, on our next Disney trip, we're taking a day to head to the "dark place", since DD wants to see the Harry Potter stuff.

We're checking out the rides, and figuring what I'll want to ride (I'm a ride wimp), and what I'll skip.

I figured the Cat in the Hat was a Ride, since it is a kiddie ride, but I've seen a whole bunch of reviews that talk about crazy spinning and people being sick and dizzy afterwards.

Are they just being silly? Does it really spin so much people get sick?

What other rides are a less intense "must do " at IOA?

Thanks! I feel totally at a loss with Universal ... we've only ever spent one day there, many years ago!

Melanie
06-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes, it spins, and yes, it made me sick. But that was after Forbidden Journey and The Simpsons and Spiderman. :sick:

Universal and IOA have a ton of cool rides, but I do have to take it easy because I'm prone to motion sickness and all these rides have the potential to really make me sick.

I think the rides in particular at IOA are all fairly intense, except maybe Flight of the Gryffindor and the Seuss Train Ride. :blush:

joonyer
06-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Yes, it spins, and yes, it made me sick. But that was after Forbidden Journey and The Simpsons and Spiderman. :sick:

Universal and IOA have a ton of cool rides, but I do have to take it easy because I'm prone to motion sickness and all these rides have the potential to really make me sick.

I think the rides in particular at IOA are all fairly intense, except maybe Flight of the Gryffindor and the Seuss Train Ride. :blush:

Don't you mean Flight of the "Hippogriff"? :D

Melanie
06-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Don't you mean Flight of the "Hippogriff"? :D

I do. :blush: I should have just said "that HP coaster for kids." :D

BrerGnat
06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
The spinning is similar to toy story midway mania, but it does full 360 rotations, sometimes several in a row. They are unexpected. I think it's fun but if spinning makes you sick, avoid this ride.

JRocker
06-13-2013, 11:51 AM
My wife tends to get a bit unsettled on this ride after we have been on some of the other rides in the park. So much so we skipped it on our recent adventure.

Elias1901
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
The Cat in the Hat is a GREAT dark-ride! Don't miss it! The only thing that this ride causes me to get sick over is the CGI shot of the Cat in one of the scenes... :ack:

NJGIRL
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM
It spins.....not the whole time....but when it does :ill: I get a major headache.