PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to the Patriots

Gator
06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Check my name - yes, that means I'm a huge Tebow fan. Here's a guy with real potential, as he proved with the Broncos, turning them from a 1-4 team to a AFC West Champion. I hated that he was with the Jets and hated even more that Ryan didn't use him.

But I'm happy that he's going to the Patriots. This a place where he can sit and learn under one the best coaches and best QB. Reminds me of what happened to Steve Young early in his career. Plus, I became a Patriot fan back when they won the Super Bowl in 2004. That's because I got to see Tom Brady in the parade at MK on what I think of as my favorite trip to WDW.

Kenny1113
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Huge tebow fan as well! Even though I'm not a Pats fan (although I guess now I will be ;) ) I'm glad he was picked up.

GAN
06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm a Pats fan but not a huge Tebow fan, although it should be interesting in how they use him. I can't believe the Jets(as bad as they were) couldn't find him some playing time -something was going on there. The Patriots already have a back-up QB, so Tebow will probably be used in some weird formations or used to disguise plays and TE wouldn't be a huge shock.

BigB
06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
This is his best option. He can learn from Brady and Bellichek (sp?) and from the coach that drafted him. Unless he can improve his delivery and his performance on the practice field he will only be a number 3 QB. Now, if he allows himself to become more than just a QB then he will get more playing time. Best of luck to him!

Scar
06-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Reminds me of what happened to Steve Young early in his career.I like Tebow, and find it refreshing to see a famous person express his beliefs and be so well received. But... the problem with your hope here is that Steve Young could actually throw.

Melanie
06-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I like Tebow, and find it refreshing to see a famous person express his beliefs and be so well received. But... the problem with your hope here is that Steve Young could actually throw.

Bingo!

Gator
06-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I like Tebow, and find it refreshing to see a famous person express his beliefs and be so well received. But... the problem with your hope here is that Steve Young could actually throw.

So you weren't a Tampa fan. Because if you were, you'd know Young couldn't throw when he got to the NFL. Neither could Elway for that matter. And by "couldn't throw", I mean not accurate at a Manning level. Young was replaced by Testeverde, who set a record for INTs in a season with 32. Young had to sit before he could get to a place where he was an MVP.

Most people who say he can't throw have spent too much time listening to the atheists on ESPN.

[link removed]

Scar
06-17-2013, 12:04 PM
No, I'm not a Tampa fan, nor do I listen to, or watch, ESPN, so I would have no idea what their religious beliefs are. But I do watch football, and can tell you that Tebow cannot throw like Young and Manning can. Tebow was great in college, partly because he had a great team around him, something Young and Manning did not have. He was successful his rookie year because he played a style that the NFL was not used to. NFL coaches have a way to adjust to new styles. If Jacksonville, a team with a need for a QB and a need to sell tickets, didn't want him, what does that tell you?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-17-2013, 02:09 PM
So you weren't a Tampa fan. Because if you were, you'd know Young couldn't throw when he got to the NFL. Neither could Elway for that matter. And by "couldn't throw", I mean not accurate at a Manning level. Young was replaced by Testeverde, who set a record for INTs in a season with 32. Young had to sit before he could get to a place where he was an MVP.

Most people who say he can't throw have spent too much time listening to the atheists on ESPN.

[link removed]

Considering Elway led or was at the top of the league in nearly every meaningful QB statistic by his 3rd season (and went to the SB in his 4th) is a pretty good indication he knew how to throw the ball. I don't see Tebow leading the league (I guess you'd have to start first to do that) in his 3rd season.

As for Young, he was willing to do something early on that I believe that Tebow isn't, adjust his style/mechanics to become a better QB. Tebow is a gifted athlete and a clubhouse leader, but that doesn't make him anywhere near a competent QB. In a league desperate for starters he was lucky to get a back-up role. When a QB runs for more yardage then he throws for, that's a telling sign.

I doubt Belichek and Co. are grooming him as Brady's heir apparent.