PDA

View Full Version : Start of Christmas Decorations

dntccc
06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know when Christmas decorations should be up this year? We are planning our next trip in November and want to be there when they are up. Due to the crowds we want to avoid the week of Thanksgiving. Due to my work schedule we cannot go the week after Thanksgiving. This basically leaves the week of the 4th or the week of the 11th. If we go the week of the 11th, we would probably be at the parks Nov. 9 - Nov. 12.

This will be our first time being there when the decorations are up.

MickeysBestPal
06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know when Christmas decorations should be up this year? We are planning our next trip in November and want to be there when they are up. Due to the crowds we want to avoid the week of Thanksgiving. Due to my work schedule we cannot go the week after Thanksgiving. This basically leaves the week of the 4th or the week of the 11th. If we go the week of the 11th, we would probably be at the parks Nov. 9 - Nov. 12.

This will be our first time being there when the decorations are up.

MK - Nov. 8
DHS Osborne Lights - Nov.8

Everything else will be in the process of going up from that date until
it is all up on Friday (Nov. 29,) the Day after Thanksgiving.

Exception will be the big MK Christmas tree which won't go up until about Dec. 9-10, or so.

Main Street Jim
06-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Whenever I'd work the last Halloween party of the "season", and guests were saying "Good night" at the turnstiles on their way out, we'd say, "Merry Christmas!" They'd look at us funny and say with a perplexed look, "Merry Christmas? It's not even Thanksgiving yet." We'd reply, "Come back in the morning!"...LOL...sure enough, Christmas decorations went up overnight.

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanksgiving is November 28th this year. Could you go the week before (the week of the 18th)?

dntccc
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanksgiving is November 28th this year. Could you go the week before (the week of the 18th)?

I did not realize that. The way my work's on-call schedule is worded made it appear as if Thanksgiving was on Nov 21. With Thanksgiving being on the 28th, we could go the week before. For those that have been the week before Thanksgiving, how are the crowds then?

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I did not realize that. The way my work's on-call schedule is worded made it appear as if Thanksgiving was on Nov 21. With Thanksgiving being on the 28th, we could go the week before. For those that have been the week before Thanksgiving, how are the crowds then?

Glad I could help! :) I personally haven't been the week before Thanksgiving but have friends that have been that week and they said it was very manageable.

mrte62
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Whenever I'd work the last Halloween party of the "season", and guests were saying "Good night" at the turnstiles on their way out, we'd say, "Merry Christmas!" They'd look at us funny and say with a perplexed look, "Merry Christmas? It's not even Thanksgiving yet." We'd reply, "Come back in the morning!"...LOL...sure enough, Christmas decorations went up overnight.

One of the added perks of going to the Food & Wine Festival the last week of October/first week of November. Sitting in my office looking at two pictures of me and my DW at MK: 11/1/11 Last MNSCHP and 11/2/11 on Main Street under the Christmas tree between two toy soldiers. :mickey:

MickeysBestPal
06-13-2013, 06:10 PM
One of the added perks of going to the Food & Wine Festival the last week of October/first week of November. Sitting in my office looking at two pictures of me and my DW at MK: 11/1/11 Last MNSCHP and 11/2/11 on Main Street under the Christmas tree between two toy soldiers. :mickey:

Are you sure? There should have been no MK Christmas tree on Nov. 2 in 2011.

mrte62
06-17-2013, 04:38 PM
I am pretty sure it was the 2nd of November 2011. The only other day it could have been was the 3rd - the morning of the day we flew home.