PDA

View Full Version : Southwest fare decrease

ISLE39
06-11-2013, 08:36 AM
I got an email sw dropped their flight costs. My flight going from Long Island ny dropped to 99$. Start booking

faline
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Always nice to hear about decreases in fares!!

brie9877
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Sweet!! im planning for our trip Nov 2014, so i will make a note to check next year around this time

Dulcee
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Oh I shouldn't have looked. Direct to MCO $200 bucks total for both hubby and I.

I wanna go back :(

PopPhan
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Just note that this is a 72 hour sale only!!! Book by Thursday to get the lower rates.

BTW - The lower cost is for SOME flights, not all. I actually looked for the times I want to visit and on the day of my return flights, only the early flights were cheaper. The later flights were actually more expensive than the last time I looked.

TexansInNY
06-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Check! Got 4 of them - great deal! See ya in December!
:party:

Itchy
06-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Snagged ours today. To bad the car will need to stay in the garage. I am going to miss that 17 hr. drive, not!!!:blush:

I love sales and our December trip is going to be that more special....:D

SurferStitch
06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I looked at flights from Philly to MCO. The prices were actually higher than I had ever seen them before.

To fly down early Wednesday morning (12/4) and fly back late on a Friday (12/13) would cost $685 for me and DH!

So, just for fun, I checked October to see if we could get a better deal, and possbily change our trip.... NOPE!! Would cost us $735!!!

Sticking with our fuel efficient Cobalt SS and driving. Relaxing, no car rental needed, and if we want to show up the night before our trip starts to hang out at DTD, we can!!

Katzateer
06-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I looked at flights from Philly to MCO. The prices were actually higher than I had ever seen them before.

To fly down early Wednesday morning (12/4) and fly back late on a Friday (12/13) would cost $685 for me and DH!

So, just for fun, I checked October to see if we could get a better deal, and possbily change our trip.... NOPE!! Would cost us $735!!!

Sticking with our fuel efficient Cobalt SS and driving. Relaxing, no car rental needed, and if we want to show up the night before our trip starts to hang out at DTD, we can!!

Today, sale good through tomorrow, I got a direct flight from Philly to MCO for $99 including tax one way so grand total on US Air (and I got my seats reserved at no charge) was under $400 round trip for my husband and myself!

Mary Poppins fan
06-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Gotta love Southwest! My sister got a phone call about a flight time change and they ended up changing our indirect flight to a direct one. And somehow we got a credit to boot! :yay:

SurferStitch
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Today, sale good through tomorrow, I got a direct flight from Philly to MCO for $99 including tax one way so grand total on US Air (and I got my seats reserved at no charge) was under $400 round trip for my husband and myself!

Good deal, but I haaaaaaaate US Air. Almost every single flight we've ever had with them was either delayed or outright cancelled. Plus we've have flights bumped and changed to other times way too much.

But, just checked anyway...

$99 pp down
$171 pp back
Total with fees/taxes - $540 (non-refundable... me no likey). Need to change your flight? It'll cost ya!!

Now add in baggage fees:

Going in December - gotta pack for ANYTHING. I would need 2 suitcases and DH at least 1. It's very easy to go overweight if you onlypack one.

$60 + $25 = $85 (possibly $120 if DH takes 2)

Plus we'd have to park our car for the 10 days:

At least $100 for economy

Rough total - $725 (not including a car rental in WDW since now we can't live without a car down there... saves SO much time!!)

We pay less driving, staying overnight and eating down/back. Not to mention, I really didn't like my 7am flights down getting pushed back to 10am or later, and return flights moved up to 3pm from 8pm. :mad:

pianobabe
06-13-2013, 07:17 PM
So glad I saw this post!:thumbsup: DH and I were able to get a flight on Southwest for $193 (no baggage fees). The times were when we wanted. The cost is cheaper than if we had driven and we get there a lot faster! We always use the buses (that works out for the 2 of us), so being without a car is fine.

ISLE39
06-13-2013, 09:52 PM
That's awesome. Glad I posted this