PDA

View Full Version : WDW Parking

NurseMcStuffins
06-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi,

This is my first post after lurking for a bit. We will be traveling to WDW with 2 adults and 4 children. We are driving and are staying off site at the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We will be driving to the parks. This is the first time we have stayed in an off site hotel. I am not sure how it all works. Will we be parking at the Transportation Center, then taking the monorail or bus to the parks? Or do we park at the actually park.

Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

You can drive to, and park, at all 4 parks. The TTC is only a necessity for MK. However, you can get to all 4 parks from the TTC (MK and Epcot via monorail and DHS and DAK via bus). It just depends on how you want to do it. Also, if you park at one park, then drive to another just save your receipt and show the gate attendant. You won't be charged twice in the same day for parking.

ThanxForNoticin
06-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes, Welcome. As mentioned, all 4 parks have their own parking - with parking for the MK being the T&T Center. The tip from Strmchsr is a great one - if you pay for parking at one park, it's good all day. You can use that receipt at the other parking lots and won't have to pay again.

Even when we stay onsite at Disney, we usually drive to AK, EPCOT, and DHS. They have plenty of parking, and trams to take you to the front gate.

Have a great trip!

Tygger7
06-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Welcome! Also note that parking prices just went up...it's $15 a day now to park so definitely hang onto your receipts. :mickey:

NurseMcStuffins
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks! I am glad I asked - I was thinking it may have been easier to park at the TTC because we plan on park hopping! :mickey:

disneynarula
06-14-2013, 10:47 AM
When we drive and plan on park hopping we will often park where we plan on ending our day.

Especially if we are going to end the day at Epcot we will park there and then take the monorail to the TTC.

azcavalier
06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks! I am glad I asked - I was thinking it may have been easier to park at the TTC because we plan on park hopping! :mickey:

I don't think that would be easier at all. It's not too hard to get around WDW on the freeways (though, I always use my GPS, and I have the parks preprogrammed into it.) It's much faster to go to your car and then drive to another park than it is to use WDW transportation to go from park-to-park. Well, OK, maybe not from the MK to other parks since you have to go to the TTC anyway, but other than that.

OK, well, if you are in the World Showcase and just HAVE to go to DHS, then, yeah, the boats leaving from between UK and France would be faster than walking all the way out and driving around.

But here's the kicker. At the end of the day when you and everyone with you (especially children) are exhausted, having your car parked at the park where you're at makes it so easy and fast to get back to the hotel. Especially when everyone else is also trying to get out of the parks. We stayed for Illuminations one night, and some of our party took the car back, and others wanted to ride the bus. The car riders, from the time the show ended to when they were in the room, only took 15 minutes. The bus riders had to wait 30 minutes just to get on a bus, and then the time to get back with extra stops, etc. It took them around an hour.

So, it's not about getting around to the various parks during the day. It's about getting to the park at opening on your own timetable (not waiting for the right bus/monorail/boat) and about being close to your car to get back to the room quickly at day's end.

steamboat willy
06-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Here's one more view. If the kids enjoy a monorail ride and a GREAT VIEW of EPCOT, parking at TTC and catching the EPCOT MONORAIL. Longest Monorail Ride At Disney or park at EPCOT and ride monorail to TTC , switch to MK Monorail. Enjoy your trip, your starting something your kids will do the rest of their lives.