PDA

View Full Version : Travel Options

GreenBeetle
06-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Planning another fabulous cruise on the Disney Fantasy in January. Doing things a little different this time around and want to hear about your different experiences regarding travel to Port Canaveral. In the past, we've arrived the day before sailing, rented a car at the airport and stayed at a hotel near Port Canaveral. This time we are using some DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani the night prior to the cruise. Magical Express will get us there, but I'm weighing our options for travel to port the next day; as well as back to the airport after the cruise.

Is Disney transportation the way to go? Rental car? Car service? I should mention there are 4 of us with a week's worth of luggage. LOL!

DizneyRox
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Disney charges I think it's $70 round trip per person for their transfers.

We've been doing towncar from the airport to Port canaveral for the past few years. We stay at the Airport Mariott one night and then cruise. It's worked out well. This year we're using our DVC points and doing Universal before the cruise. Leaning towards the Disney transfers, I don't like the car rental hassle...

It's probably cheaper for you to do the towncar, however you'll also then need to worry about your luggage. I'm pretty sure the Disney transfers will handle the luggage at the resort

CanadianWDWFan
06-20-2013, 03:54 PM
We have been looking at the rental car versus the towncar options and figured that the cost and running around getting to the rental location at the port wouldn't be worth the hassle of renting a car. So for us it will be the towncar route.

We won't even consider the bus route since it is $70pp. The other options are quite a bit cheaper. There are four of us as well.

GreenBeetle
06-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Thank you both! Will be looking in to the towncar option for sure! :mickey: