PDA

View Full Version : Celiac at Disney

Strmchsr
06-10-2013, 11:43 AM
My 12 yr old son, Caleb, was diagnosed last week with Celiac Disease (on top of his type-1 diabetes). That was a bit of a blow to a kid to know he can't ever go to McDonald's with his friends.

I know Disney does a fantastic job with special diets, including gluten-free. Can those of you who have experienced it tell me what have been your favorite dining experiences, TS & CS, with the gluten-free issues. Thanks for the input!

ANG
06-10-2013, 02:35 PM
My dad and DS1 has gluten allergies too. And yes, WDW rocks! I Think what I loved most as a parent was the chef came out and told me they could make the same as everyone else. If we went to a family style, he had what we had (just GF).

We planned ahead and printed out a list of QS places who could GF. Cause not all of them can.

Disney1977
06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
My husband has celiac and we were at Disney last month. We ate at Boma, which I highly recommend and Leaning Palms at Typhoon Lagoon which I would also recommend. Call Disney and add the note of celiac to you dinning reservation. If you go to Disney's website and search celiac you should find a contact person. They will e-mail you a list of preferred counter service restaurants within the parks.

On another site I have heard good things about Raglan Road in DTD, but we have never been.

Have a great trip.