PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews and Cat Cora!

awaggett
06-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Spent a few days in the World and thought I'd summarize some of our meals.

1. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe (DTD): hadn't eaten here before and hadn't heard much about it. We enjoyed our meal--I had sushi, it was fresh and good; my Mom had a pasta dish that she enjoyed.

2. Dinner at Kouzzina--YUM! I had eaten here in September and was excited to return. I had the spinach pie and a salad, my Mom had the sampler. We loved it all. To top it off, Cat Cora was in the house that night, signing autographs and taking pictures--I got a good one with her!

3. Breakfast at Kouzzina--we enjoyed dinner so much we tried breakfast the next day--I had a great egg dish with sweet potato hash and artichokes--very yummy. My Mom had the fig and apple french toast--not my thing, but she loved it.

4. Dinner at Marakesh--very good, again, don't hear much about this place--but we enjoyed it. I had a lemon chicken dish with potatoes; my Mom had lamb. We shared and both were great.

5. Dinner at The Wave--I have eaten here a few times, the atmosphere is lacking, but the food is very good. We shared a salad, fish tacos, and a salmon dish--all were great. Really can't say enough about the food.

We had quick service meals at Sunshine Seasons (LOVE the beet and goat cheese salad!); Casey's (Chicago Dog was ok; missing celery salt); Bakery in France (love the new set up--really liked the raspberry chocolate mousse dessert); Main Street Ice Cream (Yum!).

January-2007
06-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Great reviews, thanks for sharing!

BriarRose0708
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
2. Dinner at Kouzzina--YUM! I had eaten here in September and was excited to return. I had the spinach pie and a salad, my Mom had the sampler. We loved it all. To top it off, Cat Cora was in the house that night, signing autographs and taking pictures--I got a good one with her!

This is SO cool! I love Cat Cora and named my own kitty after her. I hope one day I'll be at Kouzzina and get to meet her too.

Sounds like you had some great meals, thanks for the reviews!