PDA

View Full Version : What might I forget to pack for my 2 yr old

ISLE39
06-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I started making a packing list there are things I'm thinking I might not think of. The first I just remembered was a bottle brush for his sippy cups n nighttime bottles and also water diapers. What else might I forget to pack?? Tia

ANG
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Plastic shopping bags or wet bags. My kids always had accidents or pooped out of their diapers into their clothes. You could always ask someone at a baby center but it was just easier to carry my own bag for soiled things.

If he still uses a pacifier, bring extras IN THE PARK with you. Even with the best pacifier clip strap thing, my DS2 managed to lose his shortly before Fantasmic and we had to leave early cause he wouldn't stop crying. And no, the baby center does not always have these in stock.

Sunscreen

Misting fan

A poncho or something to cover the stroller when you park it.

BrerGnat
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Nighttime diapers, baby shampoo (the Disney stuff stings eyes), hat, a blanket and sheet (if he will use the pack and play), lots of baby wipes.

vamaggie
06-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Plastic shopping bags or wet bags.

I would recommend Ziploc bags vs plastic shopping bags (better to contain the nastiness!:sick:)

Also:
nightlight (also helpful for finding the bathroom)
favorite lovey (maybe 2 if he has more than one)
extra socks (my kids' always get wet and sweaty)
extra clothes (unless you're DVC or want to do laundry)

AgentC
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Infant tylenol/advil.

My son developed a fever once in the middle of the night. had never thought to take it since he wasn't sick when we left. Now I always travel with my children's favorite brand.

BrerGnat
06-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Infant tylenol/advil.

My son developed a fever once in the middle of the night. had never thought to take it since he wasn't sick when we left. Now I always travel with my children's favorite brand.

YES!

It is hard to find infant medications on Disney property. And, if it's the middle of the night, you are out of luck if you don't have your own.

ISLE39
06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Added kids Motrin and kids gas reliever to my list. I had to get baby gas reliever from cvs at 3am once. Lesson learned

VWL Mom
06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
If you're flying you might take something for him to use during takeoff/landing if his ears bother him. I used lollipops for my one, the other never had a problem.

mitchsfan
06-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Not sure where you are staying but I know the Pop and I am thinking most of the other resorts do not carry the NON slipping mats for the tub. When we went in 2011, they didn't have one and i actually had to hold my 2 year old while my wife bathed her.

cuteduck223
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
earplugs or something to muffle sound if you plan on any fireworks, or loud attractions.

honeybear
06-11-2013, 04:01 PM
This is GREAT! I am so glad I looked on here. I am taking my DD for her first trip and she will be 2yo. I am making this list and adding to it. Thank you fellow Intercotees!:mickey:

minnie04
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow it's been a while, but I still can remember things we took when they were small.

Night light for the room is great
Little bottle of dishwashing soap for the bottles
Non skid mat for the tub was a must
Pillow cases for the bed pillows (enough for every pillow)
A water proof mat (chucks) for the bed just in case
Clip on fans for the stroller
Hat & sun glasses
A little first aid kit with all the meds your child/family in case anyone is feeling sick. I take a soft lunch box with all kinds of "just in case" things
Extra sneakers it rains a lot in Florida
Ponchos
Snacks
Wet wipes (flushable) for the parks they work great and easy to dispose.
Ziploc bags for anything messy (at least it will hold until morning) :ack:
XXL ziploc bags for wet clothes and dirty laundry too..
Swim diapers, sun screen. (Not banana boat) it stings the eyes lip balm for the little one is a good idea too, they are always with wet lips and in the summer your asking for blisters..
little packets of laundry detergent they are easy to store and just in case you need to do a quick load they are great. dryer sheets are good too.
If you’re flying and rent a car you can always hit the Wal-Mart (buy the store brand much cheaper) close by and stock up or pick up anything you might have forgotten

ISLE39
06-11-2013, 05:38 PM
This is GREAT! I am so glad I looked on here. I am taking my DD for her first trip and she will be 2yo. I am making this list and adding to it. Thank you fellow Intercotees!:mickey:
I also have another thread in about this topic Had a lot of great things too. There's things I added such as the stroller fan and glow sticks sand toys pool toys gas reliever tub toys stroller poncho portable toilet seat Things I keep thinking of. Hope it helps

BrerGnat
06-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Not sure where you are staying but I know the Pop and I am thinking most of the other resorts do not carry the NON slipping mats for the tub. When we went in 2011, they didn't have one and i actually had to hold my 2 year old while my wife bathed her.

Just a little trick here:

Put a towel (one of the larger hand towels) in the tub before you fill it up. Sit your baby/toddler on the towel and they won't slip!

hoop de do
06-12-2013, 10:34 AM
If he has one, his favorite stuffed animal. :pooh:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

honeybear
06-12-2013, 01:02 PM
I also have another thread in about this topic Had a lot of great things too. There's things I added such as the stroller fan and glow sticks sand toys pool toys gas reliever tub toys stroller poncho portable toilet seat Things I keep thinking of. Hope it helps

This does help! Thanks!

honeybear
06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Just a little trick here:

Put a towel (one of the larger hand towels) in the tub before you fill it up. Sit your baby/toddler on the towel and they won't slip!

Great Tip! I actually have a small towel I can use.

DANAM
06-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Ziploc bags for left over kids meals.
I also went to the Disney Store and picked up 2 oversized T-Shirts for my kids. I put the shirts on them over there clothes when they ate. I started doing this because on our first trip my kids had food stains all over there clothes in our character pictures. So anything they ate sticky or otherwise stayed off of there clothes. Plus you don't have to pack a complete extra outfit around the parks.

BrerGnat
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Great Tip! I actually have a small towel I can use.

Just use a towel from the hotel. One less thing to pack!

honeybear
06-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Just use a towel from the hotel. One less thing to pack!

Good point! I do often overpack. :blush:

honeybear
06-13-2013, 03:26 PM

I forgot to ask, where is this thread located?

Mary Poppins fan
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Snacks!
Two of the best things I brought when my kids were little were a Brita water pitcher (can't stand the taste of the water and it ensured they stayed hydrated) and a set of plastic plates/silverware/bowls. I think I picked up a picnic set towards the end of the summer.

ISLE39
06-13-2013, 09:54 PM
The thread was in theme parks. But then I think they moved it here to vacation planning t should be a little ways down

IloveJack
06-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Something to keep them entertained in line/while waiting for parades, etc. My ODD was happy with stickers or a small magnadoodle. My YDD loves to look at the pics on my phone. It can get boring quickly to a little one in a long line.
I put diapers/wipes/things I could live without if they "dissapeared," in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, and left it in the stroller. It's less weight in the diaper bag, since you have to park the stroller before getting in line.