PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

barbiegirl314
06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Just got back late Saturday night from one of the best vacations ever at WDW with DS 7 and DS 16:mickey::mickey::mickey:

A couple of days before we left to come home I was already making plans in my head for a return trip next year. Anyone else find themselves doing this or do I have a "Disney Addiction" problem? :confused:

hoop de do
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Perfectly normal.
It's called Disneyitis, we have all went through it. There is a doctor ordered thing that you can do.
If you smoke (quit), if you drink (moderation please), if you need to (lose weight).
But, the most important thing is to get the family together and plan the next trip, dates-times-, the whole nine yards.
Start a Disney fund and visit here often, believe me it helps.
Glad to hear we have another DISNEY FREAK.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

minnie04
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
:hi:I have done that. I will say on our trip "next time" and my DH looks at me and says" we haven't even left yet and your already planning our "next time' ":cloud9:

disney obsessed
06-04-2013, 10:59 AM
You have a disney addiction problem.

Welcome to the world!

Tekneek
06-04-2013, 11:02 AM
We used to do that. Enjoy it. Make sure you can actually afford that next trip, though!

Dulcee
06-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I find after a trip I'm good for about six months... then it starts again. Which keeps us on an affordable 3-4 year plan. Sigh.

BuddyL4
06-04-2013, 11:39 AM
For our trip this August the planing started in 2011 when we had to cancel our trip that summer. We haven't even gone on our August trip yet and the wheels are turning for our 25th wedding anniversary in 2014. :thumbsup:

brie9877
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
i started thinking about "next time" in January and we were just there this past November. it really feels like years since then! Last week just started planning and scoping out potential budgets for plane tix, etc for nov 2014
i would go every year if i could.

PopPhan
06-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Been there, done that, bought the shirt!! :D

#1donaldfan
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Hahahahaha!!! You're very "Disney" normal !! I have the same problem and the only way to fix it is to begin planning right now with strong doses of saving money and wait till you go.....:mickey:

mdhiggin
06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
We got back a week ago, and the day after DH and I booked 3 trips (DVC). We don't go to the parks very often, our trips are very relaxing, lots of eating out, going to the pool, resort games and activities, movies, mini golf, shopping at DD, even a trip or two to Target( a big deal to me) with maybe a theme park and water park day in there. We live in a rural area, so it's just nice to go somewhere we have options. Our biggest shopping here is Walmart, and we do not have a theater or great restaurants. To us, Disney is leisurely family time.

DisneyGuy1979
06-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Usually driving down to Orlando my wife & I start planning the next trip lol .

disneymom15
06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
We always have at least one trip in the works. Right now we have two, Sept 2013 & Jan 2014
(daughters wedding).

Dewdrop034
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Yup...You got bit by the bug. We just got back from a "not so magical" vacation and I've already got plans in my head for the next one.

dixielandings
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
You're one of us now...:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Go for it!!!
I am always planning my next trip. Always checking w/INTERCOT 3-4 x per week.
Just told DW, next trip is JUST US TWO.

Take two Mickey bars, a Dole whip, and call me in the morning.

snowflakegirl
06-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I will start planning my next trip when there isn't even a trip possible in the near future! For example, I've been planning my 2015 trip for about a year now ;-).

bshaw96
06-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Lol. So very normal. We went once. Didn't go back for 4 years. Then 2. Then it became every year, sometimes 2 x a year. No one in our circle gets it. They see Disney as a once in a lifetime trip, or at least once every 4 or 5 years. I find a trip gives me my Disney fix for about 6 months, then I'm looking for specials again :mickey:

Ms. Mode
06-07-2013, 10:38 AM
That's how we do it! It helps when you're driving out the gate to KNOW you will be back sooner rather that later. That's why I say we are "Disney Poor"...because we spend all the spare cash on WDW trips. :blush:

Mrs Bus Driver
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
I will start planning my next trip when there isn't even a trip possible in the near future! For example, I've been planning my 2015 trip for about a year now ;-).
I am always planning my next trip even though I haven't been able to go for 4 years now. If some money comes through for me I will be going this year if not oh well. I'll just get my fix on intercot and start planning for next year. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
That's how we do it! It helps when you're driving out the gate to KNOW you will be back sooner rather that later. That's why I say we are "Disney Poor"...because we spend all the spare cash on WDW trips. :blush:

That's it !! Me too !! Disney loves my money and I love Disney....it's been a long love affair for us !!! :mickey:

brie9877
06-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Lol. So very normal. We went once. Didn't go back for 4 years. Then 2. Then it became every year, sometimes 2 x a year. No one in our circle gets it. They see Disney as a once in a lifetime trip, or at least once every 4 or 5 years. I find a trip gives me my Disney fix for about 6 months, then I'm looking for specials again :mickey:

my boyfriend doesnt even get it. i took our 6 year old DD and my 13 year old DD from previous marriage without him last year. He doesnt have the "Disney" gene.

DisMom
07-06-2013, 08:09 PM
As I was looking around on this page deciding if this was a good site to become a part of I came across this post....I felt at home finally! Someone who understands what its like to need Disney in your life! All my friends think I am just plain obsessed....well I am but who can blame me! Have been planning my next trip since last summer after we got home from my 3rd trip and my sons 1st! Not going again until Nov. 2014 but there is so much to do to prepare! :mickey::thumbsup: