PDA

View Full Version : cancelling

Disney-Nut
06-03-2013, 02:04 PM
We are finally making a family Disney trip next year. My brother would like to go but unsure if he's able to. If he did make a room reservation and found out later he cant go, whats the latest he can cancel and get a refund on the room? Is it one week in advance....a month...?

Capt_redshirt
06-03-2013, 02:58 PM
According to the information i found you have up till 7 days before the trip to cancel if you do then there is a non refundable fee (unless you have trip insurance) if its 45 days before the trip you will get all the money back no questions asked

Fangorn
06-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Depends on the type of reservation.

If you make a Package reservation, then there is a cancellation fee if you cancel inside of 45 days.

If you make a room-only reservation, there is no cancellation fee as long as you cancel 7 or more days before your reservation. After that, you'll lose the one-night deposit you had to put down when making your reservation.

Note also, that with a Package, payment in full is due 45 days before check-in. With a room-only reservation, you only have to make the one-night (plus tax) deposit at the time of booking. All remaining charges are due at the time of check-in.

So, the best way to handle this (other than letting Magical Journey's take care of it all), is to have him book a room-only reservation now and then if he finds he cannot go, he can just call and cancel.

Steve

buzznwoodysmom
06-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Did Disney recently change their room only cancellation policy? In the past it was 5 days prior, not 7. For as long as I have been going I have been told I had to cancel no later than 5 days prior to check in to get a full refund. Less than 5 days out you would loose your one night deposit. Has thIs changed?

Kenny1113
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Did Disney recently change their room only cancellation policy? In the past it was 5 days prior, not 7. For as long as I have been going I have been told I had to cancel no later than 5 days prior to check in to get a full refund. Less than 5 days out you would loose your one night deposit. Has thIs changed?

:ditto:

Fangorn
06-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure it changed late last year. I was told in October when I made reservations for December, that it was more than 6 days, not 5 any longer.

Although it wouldn't be the first time I was told something erroneous by a Disney reservation agent.

In any case, 6 days is better than 45!

Steve

TinkerbellT421
06-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Per disneys website:

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees by hotels or other suppliers. . In addition, with respect to Grand Gathering experiences, no refund will be given for cancellations made 5 days or less from the experience date. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is an additional change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
In addition: If your air travel has been ticketed, there will be an additional cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline. Please note that (x) cancellation of a nonrefundable airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare and (y) cancellation of a refundable airfare must be made at least 1 business day prior to departure.
Vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled within 14 days after booking (for bookings 14 days or less prior to arrival, vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled at least one day prior to arrival). Upon any cancellation, the charge for vacation insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded.

BrerGnat
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Per disneys website:

For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees by hotels or other suppliers. . In addition, with respect to Grand Gathering experiences, no refund will be given for cancellations made 5 days or less from the experience date. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is an additional change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
In addition: If your air travel has been ticketed, there will be an additional cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline. Please note that (x) cancellation of a nonrefundable airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare and (y) cancellation of a refundable airfare must be made at least 1 business day prior to departure.
Vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled within 14 days after booking (for bookings 14 days or less prior to arrival, vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled at least one day prior to arrival). Upon any cancellation, the charge for vacation insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded.

The above only applies to Package reservations.

Your family member should book a room only reservation if he might have to cancel.

You can cancel a ROOM ONLY reservation up to 5 days prior to arrival and your one night's deposit will be fully refunded. Inside of 5 days, you will forfeit one night's deposit. When you do Room Only, you pay the remaining balance upon check in.

I have a room only reservation for August this year. I got this information directly off my confirmation email:

CANCELLATION POLICY: In order to receive a refund of your deposit, including credit card deposit transactions, notification of cancellation must be received 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel a reservation, call (407)-W-DISNEY(934-7639). Additionally, if you are holding any other reservations, they will not be cancelled unless you advise us. The cancellation and refund policy are subject to change.

mechanic
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Also want to add that if something comes up within the five day window you cab reschedule your trip instead of cancelling . then you dont have to lose any money, assuming you will eventually make the trip.