PDA

View Full Version : Discount frustration

Mitzie
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Anyone else feeling frustrated with waiting to see if Disney releases any late fall/early winter discounts. We are wanting to travel down in early Dec with my parents and I know discounts, if they are released, will work around Pop Warner, but it is a guessing game right now as far as what dates to book. We can't seriously look at flights because we don't know the dates for sure and if no discounts FD or % off the room comes out we might have to scrap the whole thing...ugggg.

princessgirls
06-03-2013, 12:02 PM
We booked our trip for November last year in September...that's when the discount for Free Dining came out. The dates were not the greatest, but we checked in the last date of the promo, and that worked out well for us.

Dining reservations were harder to come by, but honestly, I got everything we wanted...AND I liked some of the times better. We ate meals earlier...to get in our favorites like 4:30/5 some nights, and that was nice to have our night to do another park or whatever!
Pro's and Con's to it all! Biggest Plus...We got to go to Disney on a good promo!
Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
06-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Well, if you want a discount (on flights AND Disney), you should probably get used to making last minute plans. It seems that lately, that is the best way to score significant deals. We are used to having to do that, since my husband's work schedule is not "plan way ahead friendly".

Just keep watching things and book as soon as discounts come available.

If you would go without the discounts anyway, then book the resort you want now as a room only, so you can make changes easily if a discount comes out. You kind of have to just gamble on the dates if you do that.

#1donaldfan
06-04-2013, 12:40 PM
How about the frustration with pin codes and we who go at least once a year not getting one and my mother getting three or four a year and who only goes every couple of years !! ahahaha!!! not fair !! :mickey:

Mitzie
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
How about the frustration with pin codes and we who go at least once a year not getting one and my mother getting three or four a year and who only goes every couple of years !! ahahaha!!! not fair !! :mickey:

DH and I were just saying the same thing!! In our early days of traveling down to WDW we got pin codes sent to us but that was a few years ago..now..nada. We order the DVD and all the things that many thought might get you on the list. This is one case that if we don't get some kind of a discount we will not go. We pay to take our parents with us and a party of 7..all considered adults becomes big $$$.