PDA

View Full Version : Military salute questions

ANG
06-01-2013, 07:47 PM
A few military salute questions!

A. DH and I are going on 2 trips this years so we may get APs. But for our second trip, my parents and our children will be going with us. Can we still buy them military salute tickets (assuming they extend the deal) WITHOUT buying a ticket for the service member (DH)? He will be there to activate.

and B. Since we have a limit of 6 salute tickets, can we purchase 2 four day tickets for our DS1 to get 8 days in the parks?

2MuchWDFun
06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Here's what it says on the WDW website:

No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse).

Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.

As noted above, one of the tickets needs to be used by you (spouse) or your husband (military member). So, that leaves you 5 Military Promotional tickets. Your son can use two of them to total 8 days of admission...then that leaves you 3 four day passes left for your Mom and Dad to use.

Honestly, there is not much difference in price to purchase the 8 day Stars and Stripes tickets offered at SOG.
If you are staying somewhere on the WDW property and your son is under 10 it is $331...over 10 then the tickets are $348 PLUS you get the waterparks and more along with park hoppers (you just get the park hopper option with the Military Salute tickets for $312).

SOG also offers tickets if you are not staying on the WDW property. It is not much more than the Military Salute price--even with the park hopper feature added on. Check out the Shades of Green website for all the prices and details.

So, even if the Military Salute isn't extended you still have some good options through Shades of Green or your MWR ticket office. Hope that answers your questions!
Sounds like your family will be having some fun times ahead!

2MuchWDFun
06-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Also...getting to SOG to pick up the Stars and Stripes tickets is easy.
If you are driving your own vehicle or renting a car just pop on over to SOG. If you are using Disney transportation then you can take a bus to the TTC and walk over to SOG from the Polynesian (10-15min walk). You could have everyone in your party tour around the Polynesian while your DH goes over to SOG to get the tickets.

However, if you are planning on just using the Military Salute tickets then you can go to any ticket window at any of the parks or TTC and purchase the tickets there.

ANG
06-02-2013, 01:20 PM
We've purchased the salute tickets before and I love how easy it was to get and activate.

My parents will not need more than the 4 day passes since they are also doing Universal. Looks like they can't get the salute tickets since myself and DH won't use them :(

We are DVC and staying at BLT

2MuchWDFun
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't know if you have thought of this,but it would still be less expensive for your parents and your husband to buy 3 Military Salute tickets ( he would just use the ticket for those four days and his annual pass the rest of the time) then to buy two 4-day passes for your mom and dad.

$156 (Military Salute) x 3= $468

4 day 1 park/day tickets are $250/person (for your mom and dad) $250 x 2=$500

If they need/want park hoppers added to their tickets then it would be: $305 x 2= $610

If you are staying on Disney property the Stars and Stripes tickets that include the water parks and more & Park Hopper are $309 x 2=$618