PDA

View Full Version : MyMagic+ Testing in June: Updated 6/19 with Test Details

WDWdriver
06-01-2013, 01:01 PM
A test of MyMagic+ will begin June 20. Selected Guests will be contacted beginning as early as June 3, inviting them to participate in the test. Test participants will:

* Touch to enter their rooms, touch to enter the parks and touch to pay at eligible locations starting upon check in and continuing through their departure.

* Redeem FastPass+ selections at all four theme parks between June 20 and June 26

Eligible guests will have a check-in date of June 20, 21, or 23, and will be booked at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo House or the Comtemporary only.

Figment!
06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks, Ron! :mickey:

Figment!
06-19-2013, 09:07 PM
As Ron (WDWdriver) reported, MyMagic+ testing will be conducted June 20 - June 26 across the Walt Disney World Resort for select Guests staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House or Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Although not confirmed, the following set-up for current large-scale MyMagic+ test will likely be similar to the full operation.

My Disney Experience kiosks are available at the following locations:

Town Square Theater in the Magic Kingdom
Guest Relations in Epcot
Guest Relations in Disney's Hollywood Studios
Guest Relations in Disney's Animal Kingdom
Guest Relations in Downtown Disney
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Lobby
Disney's Contemporary Resort Lobby

These kiosks allow Guests not using a data capable mobile device to have full access to the My Disney Experience service.

FASTPASS+ kiosks are available at the following locations:

City Hall at Magic Kingdom
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin FASTPASS Distribution at Magic Kingdom
Splash Mountain FASTPASS Distribution at Magic Kingdom
Captain EO FASTPASS Distribution at Epcot
Maelstrom FASTPASS Distribution at Epcot
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror FASTPASS Distribution at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours FASTPASS Distribution at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Guest Relations at Disney's Animal Kingdom
Primeval Whirl FASTPASS Distribution at Disney's Animal Kingdom

These kiosks allow Guests not using a data capable mobile device to make, modify, and release FASTPASS+ selections.

The following attractions are available for Guests to make FASTPASS+ selections:

The Magic Kingdom

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
Dumbo
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
it's a small world
Jungle Cruise
Main Street Electrical Parade
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Great Goofini
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Town Square Theater: Mickey Mouse
Town Square Theater: Disney Princesses
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
Wishes

Epcot

Captain EO
Epcot Character Spot
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Junior Live on Stage!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action ! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
The American Idol Experience
The Great Movie Ride
Toy Story Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Adventurers Outpost
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo The Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Primeval Whirl

Each Guest may make up to 3 FASTPASS+ selections each day via the My Disney Experience App, on the My Disney Experience Website, or at an in-park kiosk.

Tekneek
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Interesting.

Are they able to participate in standard FP during this time?

CaptSmee
06-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Hmmmm...hope they are doing more testing in Sept, I'd love to try it & give my opinion

PopPhan
06-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Interesting. I wonder if they are going to add Fantasmic! to the list for DHS in the future.....I would blow all of my FP+ options on the fireworks and parades!! :D

Gregandmel
06-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Several questions if anyone has an answer:

1. If you are park hopping, can you select a FP+ for a different park? (Example: I'm at MK and plan on being at Epcot later that day and want a FP for Soarin'?)

2. If I select my 3 FP selections (even for the same park - example: I'm at MK for the entire day) and they are spaced out for 10am, 2pm and 5pm...: Can I get a regular FP for the "in between times" since the ones in my possession are more than 2+ hour apart?

I've really been trying to wrap my head around how this works and even with everything I have been reading, still don't have it completely understood.

Thanks for any information anyone might be able to provide.!! :thumbsup:

cfoshe
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
No one really knows the answers to these, and the ones that might are not saying.

But from what I have been reading:
1. Only good in 1 park per day, so no hopping with FP+.

2. I have not seen anything on times, but I speculate that would similar to the current set up. I have read you have to make a choice between FP and FP+, but you cannot use both.

However I am not in the know, so I can only give inside off what I have read and what other people have discussed on this topic.

Gregandmel
06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Hmm....so if you have to choose between regular FP and FP+, wouldn't you potentially be limiting yourself to ONLY 3 per day per park if you choose the FP+?

We are the type who gets there 30 minutes before park opening, immediately grab a FP for "something", and typically have the ability to get 5 or 6 per day (being very mindful of how it all works).

Guess I will continue to just keep as updated as I can with the changes. I guess this would be really helpful if you don't get to the parks until later in the day though when FP's are usually all gone for the more popular rides.

Thanks for the information and if anyone else has any insight to the changes, please share!! :thumbsup::mickey:

Aurora
06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
...These kiosks allow Guests not using a data capable mobile device to make, modify, and release FASTPASS+ selections.

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Does this mean only smartphones with cellular data or can you use an iPad connected to Disney's wi-fi, for example?

PopPhan
06-21-2013, 02:52 PM
My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Does this mean only smartphones with cellular data or can you use an iPad connected to Disney's wi-fi, for example?

You should be able to use any device that can/does run the My Disney Experience app.

Figment!
06-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I've really been trying to wrap my head around how this works and even with everything I have been reading, still don't have it completely understood. Once all the tests are complete and Guests feedback/data are analyzed; it's likely that more information will be released that make the new service easier to understand.

Right now it is difficult to get a clear picture of the whole service by piecing together a lot of information, most of which has not yet been advertized to the public.

Does this mean only smartphones with cellular data or can you use an iPad connected to Disney's wi-fi, for example?

You should be able to use any device that can/does run the My Disney Experience app.

Right, any device that can run the My Disney Experience App or access the My Disney Experience website via cellular data or WiFi can interface with the FASTPASS+ system.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Just curious does anyone know where the fp viewing for illuminations will be located? :mickey:

Melanie
06-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Right now it is difficult to get a clear picture of the whole service by piecing together a lot of information, most of which has not yet been advertized to the public.

You got that right! :bang:

Tekneek
06-23-2013, 05:17 AM
According to the Terms of Service for My Disney Experience, FP+ is available only for 1 park per day at a time. You would need to release all of your reservations at one park to make others at another park for the same day.

DizneyFreak2002
06-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Ohhh wow... heard some interesting info, and read same info elsewhere... Oh how much this is going to royally screw up MAGICAL Disney vacations... We can remove the word MAGICAL since this will be anything BUT... Booking a WDW vacation is going to become a chore... Something way too stressful for a place that is meant to be fun... Oh Disney, you know how to lose me.... Poof... Watch my money go elsewhere... Hopefully many more follow and WDW gets hit.. HARD.. I know, wishful thinking.. too many people inflicted with an unhealthy addiction to anything the rat dishes out...

Oh how I hope this fails... and they all fall on their face... Including Iger...

Gregandmel
06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Does Disney ever listen or read discussion boards where they get a sense of confusion from their loyal base fans? Even those of us who have been before and are somewhat savvy on how to maneuver the parks are confused...can you even begin to IMAGINE how overwhelming this information might be to brand new guests who have never been? Or those who don't spend a year in advance planning their trip and understanding how it all works - they show up with their kids in tow in the summer and get very little done and then never return? I certainly understand the desire to continuously improve on things, but for good grief....at some point, keep it simple folks. I'm usually chomping at the bit to get back to WDW but with all this stuff coming out, I may just sit back and wait.

AndrewJackson
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I am looking forward to trying the new system, and am reserving judgement until I have experienced it.

I understand the comments about a first-timer being overwhelmed. However, isn't that already the case? I am not convinced that MyMagic+ is going to add to that.

I like the idea of being able to be able to hit parks later in the day, and already have my FastPasses assigned. My concern is that we typically are heavy FP users, probably 4-5 a day. My other concern is that it gets rolled out with bugs.

I guess we will see. All in all, is see this as an enhancement to my vacation.

Gregandmel
06-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I am looking forward to trying the new system, and am reserving judgement until I have experienced it.

I understand the comments about a first-timer being overwhelmed. However, isn't that already the case? I am not convinced that MyMagic+ is going to add to that.

I like the idea of being able to be able to hit parks later in the day, and already have my FastPasses assigned. My concern is that we typically are heavy FP users, probably 4-5 a day. My other concern is that it gets rolled out with bugs.

I appreciate your good attitude about this. I guess a lot of us like the old way of doing things as we have "figured it out" and now this potentially puts a wrinkle in our plans. You are correct that getting FP's for later in the day would be a huge benefit if you don't get to the parks early in the day. It DOES allow flexibility within the daytime. I think my own personal frustration is the "not knowing" everything and how it all is going to roll out. But guess that will come with time. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Does Disney ever listen or read discussion boards where they get a sense of confusion from their loyal base fans? Even those of us who have been before and are somewhat savvy on how to maneuver the parks are confused...can you even begin to IMAGINE how overwhelming this information might be to brand new guests who have never been? Or those who don't spend a year in advance planning their trip and understanding how it all works - they show up with their kids in tow in the summer and get very little done and then never return? I certainly understand the desire to continuously improve on things, but for good grief....at some point, keep it simple folks. I'm usually chomping at the bit to get back to WDW but with all this stuff coming out, I may just sit back and wait.

Read: yes... Listen: no.. Why should they when their are too many dusters who think their horrid burgers are THE MOST MAGICAL BURGERS IN THE WORLD simply because they are heated on a WDW stove... Why should they when bad show is over looked by those with an unhealthy addiction?... Why should they when 95% of the online community lives in a fantasy world where Disney is perfect and nothing exists outside of WDW's walls????

waymickey
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I too hope this fails. I know I am jumping ahead all the information and misinformation is just making me angry. It sounds like Disney is being ruined for the all mighty dollar and I don't like it.

big blue and hairy
06-27-2013, 07:22 PM

I agree with you. I know all change is not good change, but all change is not bad either. We don't actually know until it is tested tweaked and rolled out.

:sulley:

Tekneek
06-27-2013, 11:53 PM

Based on the information available, and what other systems like dining reservations are like, it's hard to be optimistic about it. I'd have to pretend Disney has no track record with web services and that I haven't read any of the information from Disney about this to feel positive about it. It isn't the uncertainty and doubt in the general community that unsettles me, it is the actual information published by Disney.

AndrewJackson
06-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Based on the information available, and what other systems like dining reservations are like, it's hard to be optimistic about it. I'd have to pretend Disney has no track record with web services and that I haven't read any of the information from Disney about this to feel positive about it. It isn't the uncertainty and doubt in the general community that unsettles me, it is the actual information published by Disney.

I think part of the issue is that the "information" available is actually "misinformation". For example, it has been stated more than once on these boards that you will get 3 FastPass+ selections. In fact, several posts have quoted the Terms and Conditions as stating this. However, if you take the time to actually read the Terms and Conditions, one finds that it actually says

"Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand."

Nothing about 3 at all. It could be more, it could be less. I know this is a minor issue, but my point is that many people have formed a very strong opinion without knowing or experiencing it.

This could be the worse thing Disney has ever done. After I experience it, I may never return to WDW. I am going to wait and decide until I can make an informed decision based on my actual experience.

DizneyFreak2002
06-28-2013, 07:13 PM
No misinformation AJ.... It is 3.. It WAS on the Terms of Service... and it IS in the FP+ procedure manual... ;)

AndrewJackson
06-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Hmm... I guess we will all have to decide to believe you, or what is currently published on the Terms and Conditions page of MyDisneyExperience. :shake:

DizneyFreak2002
06-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Hmm... I guess we will all have to decide to believe you, or what is currently published on the Terms and Conditions page of MyDisneyExperience. :shake:
Or you can believe the operations manual on FP+ which is printed by Disney... Or does Disney not lie?

BTW the ToS/TaC also states that once you have the RFID/Magic Band you will no longer be able to use FP as we know it now.. Do you believe that?

Tekneek
06-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I think part of the issue is that the "information" available is actually "misinformation".

Ok, when I say "information available", I precisely mean information provided by Disney.

Stu29573
06-29-2013, 04:58 PM
To quote Grumpy, "I'm agin' it!"

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2013, 05:39 PM
More testing scheduled for October/November so there is no way this mess rolls out this year... And with the way testing has been going, Disney should put egos aside and realize this was money poorly spent, and cancel this nonsense...

Butters
07-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping the magic bands role out without the Fastpass+, since I like the RFID functionality!

Hammer
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
More testing scheduled for October/November so there is no way this mess rolls out this year... And with the way testing has been going, Disney should put egos aside and realize this was money poorly spent, and cancel this nonsense...

Actually, I think running these beta tests are the right way to test this before rolling it out for general release. Many companies use this approach, including Universal's parent company. Have it tested by a small group, make changes based on the trial comments, then have another test. This can go on for many months (I've seen it happen for over a year on some projects) until the majority of issues are worked out.

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Looks like Disney is confirming what I been saying...

Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 3 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day. And:

Yes. You can reserve access to multiple FastPass+ attractions or entertainment experiences—the specific number depends on availability. In general, you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day at one theme park. For extra convenience, you can even make selections up to 60 days in advance of your visit.All on the updated FAQ...

Also, for those wondering if you can use the current FP system and FP+ together, no you cannot... again, as per the new, updated FAQ:

Q.
Can I use both FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service during one theme park visit?

A.
No. While FASTPASS service and FastPass+ service are both currently available, if you are FastPass+ eligible and you entered the park with a ticket linked to My Disney Experience by using your MagicBand (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/bands-cards/) or card, then you are not able to use FASTPASS service.

However, all operating attractions still provide a standby queue, so you still have the opportunity to experience many of your favorite attractions.

Over the coming months, FastPass+ service is being tested with a limited number of pre-selected participants. We know that many Guests want to give FastPass+ a try, and we ask for your patience during this testing period.

Hammer
07-18-2013, 03:47 PM
All on the updated ToS...

Also, for those wondering if you can use the current FP system and FP+ together, no you cannot... again, as per the new, updated ToS:

Nothing stops them from changing the ToS again based on the beta tests, either, and making adjustments.

Over the coming months, FastPass+ service is being tested with a limited number of pre-selected participants. We know that many Guests want to give FastPass+ a try, and we ask for your patience during this testing period.

I know a lot of people are annoyed at the number of trial periods they are having, but this is really common with rolling out new tech things, especially one as all encompassing as this will be. Working for Universal's parent company, I've seen test periods that have gone on for almost 2 years in some instances and there still were issues when it was released to the general public.

DizneyFreak2002
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Nothing stops them from changing the ToS again based on the beta tests, either, and making adjustments.

Well, I did some reading on other sites, and it seems the FAQ last week said 4... However, it now says 3.. So, either they are planning on rolling it out with 4 and jumped the gun or someone made a typo when uploading the new FAQ and put 4 instead of 3.... All testing so far as been with 3 FP+ a day... The only thing they changed in each test were the grouping of rides... For instance one test they classified rides based on tickets... For instance, you were not allowed to book 3 E-tickets... You had to choose one from A, B, C, D, E ticket and entertainment experiences... More recent tests have allowed guests to book what ever three they chose...

I would suspect, if they were planning on using 4 or more, they would be testing 4 FP+ choices, not 3...

seanyred
07-30-2013, 05:32 PM
I just read on another site that Disney has addressed ride closures with MyMagic+ FastPass. If a ride closes that you have a fastpass you will be notified, for early in the day you will be offered a choice to switch to a new fastpass within that park. If it is closer to closing then you will get to pick a fastpass for the next day at the park of your choosing.

In principle I like this idea. There is more detail to this but that about sums it up.

Stu29573
07-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I just read on another site that Disney has addressed ride closures with MyMagic+ FastPass. If a ride closes that you have a fastpass you will be notified, for early in the day you will be offered a choice to switch to a new fastpass within that park. If it is closer to closing then you will get to pick a fastpass for the next day at the park of your choosing.

In principle I like this idea. There is more detail to this but that about sums it up.

My Lord, this is complicated. I hate it. Of course Disney doesnt give a care about what I think.... I think I am done.

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
My Lord, this is complicated. I hate it. Of course Disney doesnt give a care about what I think.... I think I am done.
Why would Disney care as long as the drones, rubes and easily lead masses follow them with reckless abandon and defend their every horrible, guest satisfaction killing decisions?

This system is crud... I am thankful other theme parks are giving me the experiences I want, and not looking for ways to track me and make my vacation stressful...

Stu29573
07-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Why would Disney care as long as the drones, rubes and easily lead masses follow them with reckless abandon and defend their every horrible, guest satisfaction killing decisions?

This system is crud... I am thankful other theme parks are giving me the experiences I want, and not looking for ways to track me and make my vacation stressful...

You know, by just deciding that I'm not going anymore, I just gave myself a really hefty raise! MINE Disney! You can't touch it!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!! (Ok, I may have just gone round the bend on this stuff)

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Here is how it will allocate FP+ when rides go down, straight from someone who absolutely knows what he is talking about:

If a ride goes down while you are in line, and you have already redeemed your FP+, same policy which currently exists will apply: you will get a FP to return later in the day... Redeeming a FP+ happens when you pass the second set of readers at the merge point.. before that, your FP is not considered redeemed...

If an attraction goes down before your FP+ is redeemed then you will be notified, and either one of two things will happen:
1) You will be given an option to extend your FP+ for the ride which went down... The extension will last the remainder of the day... Basically, same as the current policy...

OR

2) You will be given the option of getting another FP+ for something else... The only thing is, if the ride which went down was an E Ticket, then you will NOT be able to get a FP+ for another E Ticket... So, Everest goes down, no Dinosaur FP, you will have to get it for something else which isn't an E...

If the situation arises where the ride will not come back online the rest of the day, you will be given an extra FP+ option for the next day, in the park you planned 2 months out to be in... So, instead of 3 for the next day, you'll have 4... But ONLY if the ride does not come back up that day...

seanyred
07-30-2013, 11:13 PM

I'm sorry name calling is just not necessary nor appropriate. Whether that was directed at me or anyone else on these boards. Why can't someone have a different opinion?

Do I think everything Disney does is perfect? No, of course not. However, I don't have such a negative attitude that I think every new idea is a bad one.

I personally like the idea of what they are trying to do with using this technology. Will this be a good use of the technology? Only time will tell.

As I have said before I will wait until I experience this system myself to make a judgment. I can see both the positive and the negative with this new system but I am willing to give it a shot and be as open minded as possible.

mcjaco
07-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Well, I did some reading on other sites, and it seems the FAQ last week said 4... However, it now says 3.. So, either they are planning on rolling it out with 4 and jumped the gun or someone made a typo when uploading the new FAQ and put 4 instead of 3.... All testing so far as been with 3 FP+ a day...

I know someone going the same time I am (next week), and he was given the option of four attractions for FP+. So they may have it set for three or four day to day, or where you're staying, or just because they want to test different variables.

Either way, none of this matters to me. I've never stayed on property, and don't really plan too. I like to stay somewhere off, so I can get away too.

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I know someone going the same time I am (next week), and he was given the option of four attractions for FP+. So they may have it set for three or four day to day, or where you're staying, or just because they want to test different variables.

Either way, none of this matters to me. I've never stayed on property, and don't really plan too. I like to stay somewhere off, so I can get away too.

I think the next round, maybe the August testing??? is allowing people one day of 4 and the other days of three... They are also supposed to be testing the system when attractions go down...

Want to hear something staggering? The $1 billion for NGE has increased from 1 to 2 and now to 3 billion... 3 BILLION!!! Imagine what WDW could have gotten for that money? Instead, they insist on trying to fix a system that fails each and every time... Ego needs to be put aside and scrap this disaster... And it is a disaster... This has failure written all over it... I would love to laugh at Disney for such a colossal mistake, but it would be too easy...

DizneyRox
07-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Want to hear something staggering? The $1 billion for NGE has increased from 1 to 2 and now to 3 billion... 3 BILLION!!! Imagine what WDW could have gotten for that money?
Using some estimates out on the Interwebs, close to 34 miles of monorails...

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Using some estimates out on the Interwebs, close to 34 miles of monorails...

Just think how much better the guest experience would have been if that 3 billion was used to, you know, PLUS the resort and not the bottom line and executive bonuses...

One resort is doing it right... one is doing it wrong.. The one doing it right is seeing a true increase in attendance and sales and income... The one not doing it right is NOT seeing a true increase in attendance, is NOT seeing an increase in sales, and has to artificially inflate numbers to make it look like guest spending is up.. Take a guess which one is which... I will give a hint: Heads of many Disney fans will explode...

Arielfan98
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
I heard I was going to get these bands for my trip (August 14-21st). Will I be able to take these bands on and off? What do they look like?

Gusgus
08-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Yes they can be taken on and off, come in multiple colors, and are adjustable. If you google "Disney magic band photo" you can see what they look like.

Gusgus

Arielfan98
08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes they can be taken on and off, come in multiple colors, and are adjustable. If you google "Disney magic band photo" you can see what they look like.

Gusgus

Thanks! :thumbsup: