PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a Great Trip

meldan98
06-01-2013, 02:28 AM
My family received some amazing news this last week. My father is sick and was only given a few months and has been going through chemo. He was told that he needed to avoid crowds so a family trip to Disneyland was out of the question and we were all hoping for 1 more trip. Chemo has helped his blood counts and the doctor has given him permission to travel. So we have booked a trip and we will actually be staying on property for the first time in decades. My kids don't know how sick grandpa is, and don't know about the trip yet.

We are surprising my parents with a reservation to Club 33. I know my mom is going to be so excited. I'm also trying to figure out a way to surprise the kids to tell them that we are going to Disneyland. I've got a couple of ideas that I'm going to try and work on this weekend.

I'm a nervous wreck about how this trip is going to go. I know my dad will need to take breaks and we have arranged for scooters for both of my parents (my mom has COPD). Neither look sick and with all of the scam stories, I'm now nervous that we are going to be hassled by people or looked down upon.

I really want this trip to be fun and a trip where we can enjoy this time we have together. I know that I am going to be emotional and I just don't know how I'm going to hold it together. My oldest knows grandpa is sick, but she doesn't know the prognosis and my girls are so close to my parents. I just hope I can hold the emotions in check, so that my girls don't realize what is going on and why this trip is so special.

dobby2010
06-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I hope you have a wonderful trip and make lots of precious memories. Take tons of pictures!

deedeebee
06-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Hope you have a wonderful time:thumbsup:

tinkwest
06-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Any time spent with your father in the near future, be it at home or out on a special vacation, will be filled with emotion for you I'm sure. So go have a great time and dwell on the fun. It's wonderful that you are doing this for your family.

Lacy
06-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Hope the trip is going as magically as possible. Can't wait for a report and to hear how the girls responded to the surprise!

Wishing you many magical moments with our father :mickey:

Elias1901
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Take tons of pictures!

I second this notion! Also... have a video camera rolling all-hours of the day! Capture those precious moments on film. You'll be glad you did. I wish you best of luck with your trip. I really hope that you and your dad can enjoy it together to the extent you want to. Have fun! :hug: