PDA

View Full Version : GAC abuse to be discussed on Today Show

stephicakes
05-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Just FYI for those interested:

On the Today Show tomorrow morning (5/31), Jeff Rossen will be discussing his investigation on the GAC/line skipping abuse at Disney. The preview showed undercover cameras following a family through this process.

mgmnut
05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
It will be nice if they find a way to crack down on abusers of GAC's.

It is a great accommodation for people who really need it, and helps them more thoroughly enjoy their time in the parks.

Like so many other things though there are people who abuse it and use it to their advantage when they should not even be entitled to it in the first place.

I think it is right up there with people who park in handicap spots who really have no need to. People who receive government aid because they know how to hide a huge portion of their income, etc.

JMTStone
05-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I see two sides of this story. My immediate family is fortunate. We do not have the need for these. So we don't use them.

I have a nephew who is autistic. You don't "see" it at first glance. But his Mom would never take him to some place like Disney without a plan. I wanted to take her family for a visit with us for Star Wars weekends 2014. He is a fanatic. He probably knows more about Star Wars than Gary (gasp). I told her about GAC. It would be nice if she would be able to be in line with him and take him out if needed but still keep their spot. All he needs sometimes is a break from the crowd. The thing is.... you can't see it by looking at him. A few minutes of conversation or witnessing a breakdown, you'll know. But that is uncomfortable for him, his Mom, and everyone around to witness.

I have a brother-in-law that has Cerebral Atrophy. Its like MS. He walks and talks like he's drunk. A lot of people make assumptions... until they see his walker.

I'm guilty.... I've looked at the person get an electric scooter from regular walking strides, have kids ride along with them and watched 20 people walk into the speed entrance with them and had to stop myself from thinking bad things.

Disney's problem is how do they ask the person what their medical condition is and what constitutes what type of pass? Is it the Autism where the kid can sometimes take a line and sometimes will have issues with a line (noises, etc.)? Is it my brother in law where he can't walk more than a few steps without a walker but is a 40 year old man?

I see the abuse too. I just want to protect the people who need it. I'm sure Disney does as well.

Ian
05-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I'll profess up front that I'm really not familiar with the law, but I have to say I find it a bit hard to believe that Disney isn't allowed to ask for proof of disability before providing an accomodation to a guest.

I understand medical privacy laws, but I wouldn't think they'd apply in a situation where a person is actively seeking an accomodation in relation to a medical condition.

At the very least, I'd think they'd be able to ask for a doctor's note authorizing the use of a GAC ... even if it didn't contain medical specifics it would help cut out some of the abuses.

Although in fairness, the individual exploiting this loophole in the investigation was legitimately entitled to a GAC, they just chose to abuse the privilege by essentially "selling" it to other guests.

Again, though ... I really don't know all the specific regulations here so it's highly likely I'm off base. I'm just trying to use some common sense, which rarely (if ever) has any value when interpreting the American legal system. ;)

BrerGnat
05-30-2013, 10:23 AM
I'll profess up front that I'm really not familiar with the law, but I have to say I find it a bit hard to believe that Disney isn't allowed to ask for proof of disability before providing an accomodation to a guest.

I understand medical privacy laws, but I wouldn't think they'd apply in a situation where a person is actively seeking an accomodation in relation to a medical condition.

At the very least, I'd think they'd be able to ask for a doctor's note authorizing the use of a GAC ... even if it didn't contain medical specifics it would help cut out some of the abuses.

Although in fairness, the individual exploiting this loophole in the investigation was legitimately entitled to a GAC, they just chose to abuse the privilege by essentially "selling" it to other guests.

Again, though ... I really don't know all the specific regulations here so it's highly likely I'm off base. I'm just trying to use some common sense, which rarely (if ever) has any value when interpreting the American legal system. ;)

I totally agree with you Ian. My sons are both on the Autism Spectrum, but only one really needs the GAC. I would have NO issue proving his diagnosis by showing medical paperwork that indicates such.

If you have a LEGITIMATE need for a GAC, chances are, you ALSO have supportive documentation showing you indeed have a medical or mental condition that would cause need for a GAC.

The issue here is that somehow, ADA laws have found their way into Disney's issuance of a convenience pass on their own private property, which is something I don't understand. I can understand ADA laws in place to protect people's rights to EQUAL accessibility, use of service animals in the parks, etc. But, it's ridiculous that Disney can't ask for proof of need for a GAC. I think they probably CAN, but they are choosing not to. They are not obligated by ADA laws to offer a GAC, it is something they have chosen to do, so I don't understand why ADA privacy laws are in play at all.

If you don't want to show proof of your need for a GAC, don't get one. Simple.

Ian
05-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I think they probably CAN, but they are choosing not to.Your interpretion of the situation and mine are 100% aligned.

Perhaps this recent negative publicity will prompt them to re-evaluate the situation. I think it's unfortunate that the folks who legitimately need these cards will be negatively impacted by the behavior of a few bad apples, but unfortunately that's just the reality of the world we live in today.

Butters
05-30-2013, 11:18 AM
I agree with everyone assessment but if I was Disney I would leave the system as is....

I have a sister with CP, we will be taking her to the world in Sept, it is a once in a lifetime trip for her.

My question to everyone... Would we ruin a system that truly benefits those who need it to prevent the abuse of a few people. I'm sure if you look at the percentage of abusers compared to total GAC users it would be lucky to break 3%

Do I find those people disgusting? Yes... But I do not believe it is a large enough issue to burden with more regulations and rules that the abusers will just find new loopholes for.

Mrs Bus Driver
05-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I would like to ask a couple of questions and take a minute to think about the answer. How many times can you remember the media over playing a story for ratings? How often does the media play on our emotions to get us to watch? I am hoping the interest in this story will wane sooner rather then later. Because this kind of publicity will only hurt those who need to use Gac.

JMTStone
05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
I would like to ask a couple of questions and take a minute to think about the answer. How many times can you remember the media over playing a story for ratings? How often does the media play on our emotions to get us to watch? I am hoping the interest in this story will wane sooner rather then later. Because this kind of publicity will only hurt those who need to use Gac.

Exactly! I don't think there is as much *abuse* as the media is making it out to be. I've probably spent a few months in the parks in the past 10 years. Never has a GAC guest adversely affected my park experience.

joanna71985
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
After working in attractions, I can tell you that there is abuse unfortunately. I don't let it bother me though, as I feel fortunate I don't need to use one

minnie04
05-30-2013, 02:46 PM

That is my thought exactly, wont this bring out the worst in people by showing them that there is a way to beat the system at Disney World. I have a family member that gets this pass and he is walking, talking with no visual symptoms to show what he has (MS) and it would be crazy for him to have to PROVE in some way he needs this pass i.e. medical records EACH time he goes to Disney. He can only ride a few things in a visit so he really isn’t hurting anyone by getting a pass to move forward in a line. The pass usually allows him to go through the FP entrance which at times is longer than the regular line. It just makes it easier for him as the line is always moving. I have been with him when he has asked for the pass and the cast member couldn’t be nicer to him. They never ask what is the problem or anything they are just there to fill out the card and send him on his way. I would hate for him to have to explain “well it all started when I was a baby” I was diagnosed with this illness and here are the papers to prove it” “NOW can I go and start to have fun” And what if they don’t believe him would they bring out a team of experts to make sure he has it.. I just think it’s a nice thing they offer to make a guest have a better day and if people abuse it they will get theirs in the end.

it is very sad that the women in the story SOLD her illness to a family to make money. I guess nothing suprises me anymore :(

Capt_redshirt
05-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Exactly! I don't think there is as much *abuse* as the media is making it out to be. I've probably spent a few months in the parks in the past 10 years. Never has a GAC guest adversely affected my park experience.

This is a good point. I was watching the news last night and they reported on the gun at AK and instead of it being someone found a loaded gun it became "TERROR AT DISNEY" like people were running out of dinosaur because there was one gun

Hammer
05-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Just FYI for those interested:

On the Today Show tomorrow morning (5/31), Jeff Rossen will be discussing his investigation on the GAC/line skipping abuse at Disney. The preview showed undercover cameras following a family through this process.

Please remember who owns NBC. I'm sure they won't be pointing out that Universal does not offer ANY kind of pass for people in need of assistance.

After working in attractions, I can tell you that there is abuse unfortunately. I don't let it bother me though, as I feel fortunate I don't need to use one

I agree that while there is abuse, I think it is a much smaller percentage than people are making it out to be. For the record, we are almost never asked to show a GAC when we take Mom into a ride or attraction. Only thing they ask is if she can transfer or not, which she usually cannot unless the transfer does not involve stepping down or up (it is very difficult for her to step into and out of a boat, for example).

Terra
05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Abuse happens in a lot of things. I don't like it but I like to think there are still far more good people than those lacking ethics.

I think it's a great show of character [and not in a good way], on the family that chose to let the cameras come with them. It's sad what they are teaching their children.

As a mom of an autistic child, we utilize GAC. I absolutely can provide proof from the doctor. However, I do think it would be an infringement on my personal rights since it is outside of a medical or educational [IEP] setting. And honestly, if they start doing that, people will find a way to 'fake' the proof as well.

But by the same token, whatever will be, will be and whatever Disney wants/needs/changes, I will do in order for my son to continue to have a magical time.

Capt_redshirt
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and she was happy to know that there were options if she needed it. surprisingly tho she never used it or needed it. my philosophy is im glad its there and if i ever need it ill take advantage of it but reality is i dont mind waiting and looking around...

faline
05-30-2013, 06:43 PM
I think part of the problem is accommodating folks who have temporary issues versus those with chronic issues. For example, a few years ago, I had foot surgery. For our first trip after that surgery, I was not sure whether or not I'd have the walking stamina required for a Disney World trip and left often the possibility of renting an ECV. In the end, I was able to do what I wanted by taking things slowly and returning to the resort when tired. What about the person who breaks his/her leg the day before their Disney trip?

The other possibly complicating factor here is that, these days, almost everyone qualifies as disabled. Even if you don't consider yourself disabled, you may in fact qualify as a person with a disability. Under changes that occurred with the Americans with Disabilities Act a couple of years ago, mitigating factors aren't considered in determining whether or not someone has a disability. So, someone with diabetes, well controlled with diet and/or insulin would still be considered a person with a disability because you can't take into account the fact that it is well controlled by diet and medication.

BrerGnat
05-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Linda, the GAC is separate from the need for a wheelchair/ECV. The abuse of the GAC happens because it is meant to address "invisible" disabilities, not obvious, mobility impairing ones.

You do not need to provide proof of disability to rent a mobility device, and the use of one does not require having a GAC. The mobility device identifies a guest as having a disability and CMs automatically handle it as the situation dictates.

This is a different issue as a GAC often does result in immediate ride access. It has in our experience, except for Radiator Springs Racers. This makes the GAC a "valuable" item to have.

faline
05-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Makes sense, Nat. Guess I was talking about disabilities in general. There are certainly many folks with hidden disabilities - many folks with developmental disabilities would not have an apparent disability and should have access to an appropriate accommodation such as GAC.

I never assume that anyone is using a service to which they are not entitled. If, however, anyone is taking advantage of someone else by using a service not intended for them, they should be ashamed of themselves!

waymickey
05-30-2013, 09:25 PM
One word for people that use a GAC who do not need it to get on a ride quicker- KARMA.

Why not spend your money on one of the VIP tours Disney offers and do the right thing.

mgmnut
05-31-2013, 08:08 AM
I think it's a great show of character [and not in a good way], on the family that chose to let the cameras come with them. It's sad what they are teaching their children.

I don't think it was a random family who were breaking the rules on their own. They were in on the whole thing with Jeff Rossen. They were "asked' to hire these people (scum) to hep uncover the scam.

The people who were hired had no remorse when busted. They tried to make it sound like a legitimate business in a capitalistic country. said no laws are broken, it is just an issue of morals. Isn't being moraly incorrect enough for it to be wrong? It just shows how scummy these people doing this really are.

SBETigg
05-31-2013, 09:17 AM
This was barely a news story, but the juicy angle of rich people thinking they can buy something the rest of us have to wait for spread it wider, and now the Today show. And that's what clued me in-- the whole article that started the whole mess comes from someone trying to promote their book about things snobby rich people do. It's all good for book promotion. The more they play up the story, the better for that woman's book. She found the perfect promotion hook to start her buzz. That's really all it comes down to in the end. Wouldn't a good reporter have asked the right questions? Can anyone do this? What does it take to get the pass? How widespread is this? But no.

Because, you don't have to be rich to abuse the system. You don't have to hire anybody to use that GAC. We know people rich and poor do it all the time, without having to hire anyone. And most people with money are smart enough to hire Disney's own VIP guide service. But where's the outrage for the media in that? If you have the money, you can hire a private guide, has always been the case. Yep. But that's not a juicy enough angle. So let's spread the word that rich people (maybe only one or two clueless ones because most people know better) buy disabled guides to cut lines. Makes for a much better story, the media gets their viewer outrage, and everyone's happy. Unless they start messing with the system in place to help people who actually need it.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2013, 09:32 AM
I hope that Disney makes changes to its GAC policy as a result of this story. I personally disagree with the whole concept of the GAC (please don't flame me -- I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and two autistic sons, so I understand special needs). I personally feel that it sets up unrealistic expectations for my children. There is no GAC at the movie theatre or at the school bus stop or anywhere they have to go in their real lives. They have spent so much time in specialized therapies learning what they need to do to get on in the real world, that I personally feel the GAC is contrary to everything they have worked so hard toward for so many years.

Honestly, I think they should get rid of it. The whole system just begs to be abused.

Butters
05-31-2013, 09:54 AM
I hope that Disney makes changes to its GAC policy as a result of this story. I personally disagree with the whole concept of the GAC (please don't flame me -- I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and two autistic sons, so I understand special needs). I personally feel that it sets up unrealistic expectations for my children. There is no GAC at the movie theatre or at the school bus stop or anywhere they have to go in their real lives. They have spent so much time in specialized therapies learning what they need to do to get on in the real world, that I personally feel the GAC is contrary to everything they have worked so hard toward for so many years.

Honestly, I think they should get rid of it. The whole system just begs to be abused.

The GAC is not just for people who can't wait in lines, what about people with physical impairments that need exceptions to enjoy the attraction... i.e. extra time to load/unload, only one vehicle on the ride that can accommodate their chair.... This is all stuff the "real world" accommodates with at busses and movies.

I don't think you should generalize removing an entire system based on one disability that you don't think qualifies.

Mickey'sGirl
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
The GAC is not just for people who can't wait in lines, what about people with physical impairments that need exceptions to enjoy the attraction... i.e. extra time to load/unload, only one vehicle on the ride that can accommodate their chair.... This is all stuff the "real world" accommodates with at busses and movies.

I don't think you should generalize removing an entire system based on one disability that you don't think qualifies.
I agree, I should not so broadly generalize.

But, physical impairments are generally NOT accommodated by the GAC as is pointed out in numerous previous posts. It is intended to address "invisible" issues. The apparent ones can be easily identified and dealt with in regular circumstances.

JRocker
05-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I agree, this isn't as big a problem that the media wants it to be.

Disney is doing the right thing, strictly from a PR standpoint, in utilizing resources to pursue those who are advertising this service.

Let it die. For the average theme park guest, this doesn't even register as a minor inconvenience.

Beyond that, we have already seen by the posts in this thread; the definition of a what is a disability is an extremely sensitive subject, so if Disney chooses to restrict GAC's and even ECV use, they lose. And they know it.

minnie04
05-31-2013, 10:56 AM
I have to say this pass doesn't bring you to the front of any lines. It states "Guest can use an alternate attraction entrance where available" which means fast pass line. I don’t think you should even have a pass if you come in a wheel chair. They should pretty much know what entrance you need and accommodate you and your imitate family. The card also states “Not valid for celebrity autograph sessions or celebrity fast pass queue” So you are not really getting too ahead of other guest.(Mickey'sGirl) You are not teaching your boys anything bad since they will most likely stand in a line anyway. Just not a line over 1 hour long. Some Adults/children with disabilities don't handle that well and if their parents/family can use a faster way to move them through. I say use it. Less stress on the family.

AvaNellMouse
05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Having been the "invisibly ill" person in a motorized wheelchair, I can tell you that being in a chair is NOT a faster way to see or do anything at WDW.

*Bathroom breaks are difficult - I actually had a person with their kids in tow, rush around me as I was entering the bathroom and take the only accessible stall available. :confused:
*Long days at the park mean that at some point you will probably have to plug in the chair/scooter to recharge. I used that time to nap.
*If your chair runs out of "juice" you are in a heap of a situation.
*I had people that made inapropriate remarks to me on the bus from our resort.
*At night I was invisible to everyone because I was below the usual line of sight.
*I had to wait for a second bus to/from the parks many times.

All of this being said, I didn't get a GAC and the only ride that I didn't go thru the regular line was BTMR. They made us ride twice because my chair was on the platform and after the first ride - we would have had to exit from the other side of the tracks.

This was sort of a "perk" I guess but overall, it is MUCH better to be on foot and healthy. Give me a 45 minute line and I will enjoy some ice cream and people watching! :thumbsup:

thrillme
05-31-2013, 12:43 PM
I admit to feeling a "little" mixed. Not arguing the need for GAC..and I like seeing employment opportunities for handicap...but this process of hiring a "family member" still seems a bit on the skanky side.

I've not been really comfortable with GAC being able to fully by pass the lines but...it's hard enough to be handicap...no need to make it harder. And yes I know of several people with "invisible" handicaps in which YES they can "transfer" fine...they can walk...they can ride just about any ride...but they can't stand for long periods of time...they can't handle excessive temps...or they have certian mental disabilities.

Maybe to eliminate this problem is to open up a "purchase pass" in which people can just buy a "pass" to bypass the lines. Make it comparable to hiring these people. Perhaps Disney too could look into hiring these "guides" and giving them an opportunity to actually make a living rather than pawning themselves out.

stephicakes
05-31-2013, 01:04 PM
I watched the segment on the Today Show and Disney released a statement:

"We find it deplorable that people would hire the disabled to abuse accommodations that were designed to permit our guests with disabilities to enjoy their time in our parks. We have initiated a review of this abuse and will take appropriate steps to deter this type of unacceptable activity."

There is the full story on their website along with a statement from the American Association of People with Disabilities.

If nothing else, this news story has started a conversation among people about what is right and wrong, both morally and ethically in these situations. At the most, it should bring to light the importance of having conversations with our kids about tolerance, acceptance, and patience. Another teachable moment in the parks. And as frustrating as it is to know there are people that will continue to abuse the system, I know that the majority of people don’t, and I am glad that they are able to enjoy Disney as much as everyone else. :)

princessgirls
05-31-2013, 01:36 PM
For what is is worth I thought the "expose" this morning was pretty lame...

It was filmed at Disneyland, and I didn't find it riveting at all. Hardly news worthy actually...

A few families beat the system. Shame on them! Hope they are proud of themselves, and Yes, I do wait longer, for a child or adult with a disability to have a good time on a ride. Everyone deserves to have a good time when they go to Disney. Sorry if a few bad people ruin it for everyone.
My health is MY WEALTH, and I'm thankful for it!
Julie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
For what is is worth I thought the "expose" this morning was pretty lame...
Amen!

I have never had to utilize a GAC card and probably would not, unless an extreme situation came up. However, I do not think that medical documentation should be required to use one. Honestly, if someone is going to abuse the system, they'll find a way, no matter what the requirements. A sad statement, to be sure, but a true one. And I would hate someone (like my sister-in-law or my next door neighbor, who have MS) to feel intimidated about asking for one when they they need it at the Disney parks. If it means I wait a little longer in line at a ride, then so be it. There are just more important things to worry about.

On a side note, I think this type of abuse is somewhat specific to our American society. My family just got back from a trip to France and I have to say that people there really do not tend to abuse or over-use such accommodations. In fact, even taking an elevator is considered taboo if there are stairs and you are at all physically capable of taking them. Don't get me wrong, the accommodation is there--accessible stalls, lifts, etc., but the general public does not use them unless absolutely necessary. I don't have any facts to back it up, but my guess is that GAC cards are not used as much at Disneyland Paris, and would be highly surprised if there is any significant abuse of them.

ANG
05-31-2013, 05:14 PM
The video kind of annoyed me. Since when is a GAC get you access like this? Yes, when we've used it sometimes we get a quicker wait but hardly ever ahead of EVERYONE. And we used the same entrances as wheelchair or fastpass, never behind closed doors.

joanna71985
06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
The only thing I wish would be changed is the GAC being able to be used like an unlimited FP

Renfairwedding
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Sometimes the line theming helps build up to a ride. Skipping it loses some of the hidden magic

Maggie T
06-04-2013, 03:18 PM
It should not be a fast pass. When you arrive to the ride and the sign says 20 min. wait time you get a light that flashes when the wait time is up. You wait in a area and get on the ride at your turn. Everybody waits the same, the people who can't stand in line have an area that is best for them to wait in. Just like restaurants have.

gueli
06-05-2013, 03:17 AM
This is a touchy subject.

On one hand - those who need a GAC in order to enjoy WDW- well please let them have something like this. To some Disney can be an overwhelming state of sights and sounds. The people who have some sort of disability have enough on their plate.

On the other hand - When people abuse a system that is in place to help those with special needs...it really is sad.

On another hand (yes I am handy)- In some way I have to admire the person who thought of 'selling' her services to someone...kind of making lemonade with lemons that life has dealt and then charging a mint for some 'exclusive' people to take her to Disney. I mean how many of us would love to be paid to go to Disney and enjoy the theme parks ? the only part I don't like is the exploitation of the GAC system.

:mickey:

Oh and as a note, on my last trip DW got hurt and we rented a scooter to help her get around. She hated it. She would have rather limped through the parks, but that was unrealistic. the worst was having to take up so much space on the buses. It brings to my mind how there is a trade off'... well anyways

BrerGnat
06-05-2013, 08:52 AM
It should not be a fast pass. When you arrive to the ride and the sign says 20 min. wait time you get a light that flashes when the wait time is up. You wait in a area and get on the ride at your turn. Everybody waits the same, the people who can't stand in line have an area that is best for them to wait in. Just like restaurants have.

I really wish they would go to a system like this too. That would actually make the most sense of all.

Everyone always mentions "the fast pass line" as the alternate entrance, but NOT every attraction even has Fast Pass. Most of the rides we enjoy as a family do NOT. I'm talking Teacups, Spaceship Earth, Dumbo (at Disneyland), Toy Story (Disneyland), Small World (Disneyland), etc.

I would happily wait our turn somewhere that is better for our son than the traditional queue. Waiting in and of itself is not the problem. Standing in a queue around other people IS. We wait when we can, which is when the standby time is 20 min or less. That's the threshold we are at these days for "acceptable behavior" in a line full of people.

JMTStone
06-05-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm taking my nephews to WDW for Star Wars weekend next year. They are HUGE fans and I think its a good way to introduce them to WDW.

Both nephews are on the Autism spectrum and I have no experience with this. The older one is very sensitive to crowds and noise.

I hope you don't mind my asking. Does anyone have any experience or advice for us? My sister is real good about their needs and researching things before subjecting them to experiences. If I can point her in the correct direction, it would be great. I would love for them to have this. They say they want to go whenever DD 11 talks about it.

I don't see them needing a GAC but I can see the older one sometimes needing a break from the lines and people. I know there's hidden quiet places at all parks we can find but its not always reasonable to get there quickly. She knows most of the triggers but some times it can come from out of the blue.

Any resources/advice for me?

joanna71985
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
For SWW, it can be VERY crowded (especially for the SWW-related things). People will start lining up early for the motorcade, getting in line quite early for the special shows, and the lines for the Star Wars characters can be quite long (especially for Darth Vader and Chewie). For the celebrities, you will need to have a wristband to meet them. Depending on the celebrity, people have waited in line overnight

emerzmom
06-06-2013, 02:14 PM
I agree this GAC can be very helpful to some visitors however I personally witnessed what I considered to be serious abuse of this on our last trip.
We were waiting for Fantasmic and this woman with lots of kids in tow (some her, some friends and family) was bragging about how they don't need Fast Passes because they have the GAC. She gave the pass to the kids and told them to go have fun. The kids ran off with the pass and rode several rides (RnR, ToT) while we were all waiting for the show to begin. She even admitted that she only needed the wheel chair occassionally when her knee was bothering her but the kids just loved the GAC. She was telling several people around her (we were just listening to all of this) about how easy it was to get one of these and said "you don't really have to say much...they don't ask...so why not???"
This is what is wrong with the system. I think that anyone who needs it should have it but people who abuse the system are just mean and wrong.
my 2 cents.
:tink:
Julie

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2013, 05:42 PM
She gave the pass to the kids and told them to go have fun. The kids ran off with the pass and rode several rides (RnR, ToT) while we were all waiting for the show to begin. She even admitted that she only needed the wheel chair occassionally when her knee was bothering her but the kids just loved the GAC. She was telling several people around her (we were just listening to all of this) about how easy it was to get one of these and said "you don't really have to say much...they don't ask...so why not???"
:tink:
JulieSee, it confounds me how this could happen....I would assume on the GAC it would reference that the guest in question uses a wheelchair. So why would those kids be able to use it (if they are not with someone in a wheelchair)? :scratch:

minnie04
06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
:nono: That's just wrong!!!