PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp

angel2931
05-29-2013, 11:16 PM
We just changed our Aug trip to Jersey Week in November and I realized that MVMCP starts our last day there. Is it worth the $300 in tickets for our family to go? We would also have to add another night to our reservation or get a hotel off site for the one night. But I would love to go and I think the kids would love it and its a 1 time chance for them to see WDW decorated for Christmas! TIA for your feedback! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-30-2013, 06:47 AM
All decorations will already be up EXCEPT the large Christmas tree which doesn't go up until just before the taping of the Christmas parade the first weekend in Dec. it's expensive, but if you don't go into the park that day until 4pm it's OK. The parade is nice, snow on Main Street...but don't know if its worth staying an extra day...family choice, especially if you think you'll not get another chance to see again.

Melanie
05-30-2013, 07:04 AM
All decorations will already be up EXCEPT the large Christmas tree which doesn't go up until just before the taping of the Christmas parade the first weekend in Dec. it's expensive, but if you don't go into the park that day until 4pm it's OK. The parade is nice, snow on Main Street...but don't know if its worth staying an extra day...family choice, especially if you think you'll not get another chance to see again.

Just a slight correction. The tree goes up AFTER the taping of the Christmas parade. It blocks the view down Main Street from many of the taping angles.

RedSoxFan
05-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Worth it in my opinion would depend on how badly you want to attend the party. It is a lot of fun and it is expensive. We have done it twice; but are not attending this year as it is expensive and we did it last year. But having said that, I am glad I got to experience. It was a lot of fun and DD16 had a blast as well.

joonyer
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
The parties a a lot of fun, and we've been several times to the Halloween party (love the Hallowishes fireworks and the parades), BUT the price of these tickets has been constantly rising, and I just don't think it's worth an additional several hundred dollars for a family to attend, especially if you've experienced it before.

Dulcee
05-30-2013, 12:19 PM
We did it last Christmas and felt it wasn't really worth it but we were two adults.

With kids it may be a very different story.

minnie04
05-30-2013, 12:20 PM
When is "JERSEY WEEK" ?? I have never heard of this before...

BigB
05-30-2013, 08:03 PM

I don't know the dates buy it is the week that teachers are "in-service" and the kids go to school one or two days that week. Most parents take their kids down to DW during that time and you can run into some neighbors and your kid's friends and their parents. It's like a Jersey family reunion.

faline
05-31-2013, 09:20 AM
:offtopic:

Each year, the New Jersey schools close for a couple of days right around Veterans' Day. When combined with the Veterans' Day holiday, it creates an opportunity for families to take a quick getaway to Disney World or a longer getaway with the kids only missing a couple of school days. This has become known as Jersey Week.

In 2013, the New Jersey schools will be closed on November 7th & 8th.

Now, as to the holiday party - the prices are getting quite high for the return on investment - particularly for a family. Even though we are a traveling party of two adults, I'm seriously considering whether or not attending will be on our "must do" list going forward. That is not to say that I don't enjoy the party - I do enjoy it very much.

brie9877
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
every november on election week the schools are only open monday and wed.
thats the week ive been down for my 3 vacations.
next year im going the week after for the same reason: to see the xmas decorations. last year i noticed them going up around wed/thu of that week

Tinkerbella16
06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
every november on election week the schools are only open monday and wed.
thats the week ive been down for my 3 vacations.
next year im going the week after for the same reason: to see the xmas decorations. last year i noticed them going up around wed/thu of that week

When you went last time during Jersey Week, was it crazy crowded like some say it is? We usually go the week after, but this year had to go Jersey Week so my niece won't miss much school. Thanks for any input!

brie9877
06-05-2013, 11:04 AM
i would say there was a lot of people but was definitely manageable.

wednesday we were at MK and went on POC 3 times in a row. i think that was our best day.

plus the weather at that time of year is beautiful! i would say all 3 times there was one day of cool rainy weather for each trip. but i can handle that.