PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about SSR

Disney4us2
05-29-2013, 09:00 PM
In anticipation of our move to Florida. I will need a place besides Motel 6;) I booked a couple of nights at SSR. Then a few days later at AKL-Kidani.

Is one area better than the other? I will have my car, so transportation will not really be an issue.

What are your experiences with SSR?

JMTStone
05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
SSR is our home resort but we've only stayed there once. If someone were to ask me Kidani or SSR I would pick Kidani.

I'm not saying SSR is horrible. I liked the zero entry pool and the counter service place was yummy. I also liked that you can walk to DTD. We stayed in a one bedroom. Its a lot like Key West where there are multiple bus stops but I don't know if you'll use this.

What you'll find at Kidani is the bus stops to and from the parks at the Lodge then Kidani. We've only stayed at this resort once and didn't get the opportunity to enjoy the pool but it looked fun.

The real difference between the two - ANIMALS. I just love the feeling at Kidani!

DVC2004
05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
If you have a car I don't think the section matters as much. A lot of people prefer to be closer the lobby/restaurant/pool just like at OKW, but if you have a car (we always do) then it's a non issue. Very easy to jump in and drive over there. Honestly it's a very large resort. If I had to pick an area I would probably prefer to face DTD just for the view.

Travis1717
05-30-2013, 10:40 PM
We stayed at SSR in November and really enjoyed it! We were in the Paddock, but Congress Park seems best, as it faces the water and DTD. We went to the pools in both sections, as well as the main pool. The resort is huge but still manageable. Would definitely go back!

Disney4us2
05-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I will have my car. It will be nice break after a really long road trip (Los Angeles to WDW). We will only be there for two nights. Alternating between DVC and Motel 6. Will be at Kidani a few days later.

Do the buildings have elevators? If not I will need to request a ground floor.

JMTStone
05-31-2013, 08:36 AM
They do have Elevators. I would actually prefer a room on a higher floor as the view is better if you're looking at DTD