PDA

View Full Version : Loaded Gun Found On Dinosaur attraction at AK

Boost
05-29-2013, 12:32 PM
This could have had a very unhappy ending. Anyone care to speculate on how long until we see more thorough weapons checks at the parks now?

joonyer
05-29-2013, 01:03 PM
The gun owner appears to have had no evil intentions, but this incident still shows a glaring lapse in Disney's park entrance security. No telling how many other people may have been able to bring firearms in to the parks. I hope this incident doesn't give anybody who might have bad intentions any ideas. I think most of us have been assuming that security would have prevented anyone from bringing a gun into the parks.

Dulcee
05-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Eek. This does bother me. Thank goodness it was a well meaning adult who found it and not a child who could easily have assumed it was a toy.

To be fair DH is a cop and always carries a weapon off duty, even to locations marked as no weapons. As a police officer, when were in state he can carry even in areas where its posted that no firearms are allowed (excluding federal buildings). However I can't imagine him ever loosing his weapon and not realizing it immediately.

Our last trip he commented how easily it would be for someone carrying a small firearm to walk through the "no bag" line. Now it makes me wonder just how many people do....

BuddyL4
05-29-2013, 01:21 PM
I know after a discussion with security at wdw that unless a police officer is on the clock working they can not carry in the park.

Dulcee
05-29-2013, 01:26 PM
I know after a discussion with security at wdw that unless a police officer is on the clock working they can not carry in the park.

WDW tends to be fairly strict about it. DH couldn't carry into the parks. He can carry on property although even in resorts they ask that weapons be locked up. It bothered him but he obviously respected being asked not to carry there though with things like this occuring I'd almost rather know off duty cops could carry.

DizneyFreak2002
05-29-2013, 01:54 PM
The gun owner may not have meant harm, but he is far from a responsible gun owner.. a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would 1) not carry it into a theme park full of kids, or 2) had it holstered properly, not just in his pocket...

joonyer
05-29-2013, 02:14 PM
The gun owner may not have meant harm, but he is far from a responsible gun owner.. a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would 1) not carry it into a theme park full of kids, or 2) had it holstered properly, not just in his pocket...

Absolutely correct, he was in fact highly irresponsible, even negligent, if not worse. Still, I think most park guests have expected to be protected from visitors who may have malicious intentions, and even other guests who are negligently irresponsible (which is why glass bottles are a no-no for instance). It is probably unrealistic to expect Disney to be able to protect us from all of these risks, but I'll bet Disney is reviewing their security policies and procedures, now that it is been shown that one can easily walk right through the gates with a gun in a pocket. They can't ignore that risk any longer.

Boost
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
So now, going to WDW may be like going to the airport. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. Get to the front gates, put bags on conveyors with guards possibly doing spot checks on people (can hear the complaining now) and walk through a metal detector and/or the thing that blasts air on you to detect explosives. Maybe even a K-9 unit nearby?

Upon passing the security check, guests will then proceed to the NextGen sensors and THEN hit the park. Does anyone else envision this? Hey, if it saves lives, I'm for it. Yes, it will make lines longer and you guys who are closer to this than others will likely have some insight.

It's such a shame that this is where some in our society are, mentally. There's always someone who wants to ruin it for the rest of us. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt kids. As a parent of three, it's just a concept that I can't comprehend.

Boost
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
WESH 2 just read a statement from the gun owner. The reason he brought a loaded gun into the park? He said that in case some "psycho" did something in the park, he wanted to be prepared.

The only psycho is the guy who brought a loaded gun with hollow point bullets into Animal Kingdom.

MOJoe
05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
WESH 2 just read a statement from the gun owner. The reason he brought a loaded gun into the park? He said that in case some "psycho" did something in the park, he wanted to be prepared.

The only psycho is the guy who brought a loaded gun with hollow point bullets into Animal Kingdom.

So this guy was thinking he needed protection against other WDW guests? That's kinda crazy. The list of things that could go wrong while bringing a loaded hand gun into a packed Theme Park is very, very long. And even if some other psycho did something, i don't believe Disney Security would look kindly at anyone with a gun trying to "help". It's just stupid.

He may not be charged with a crime, but he probably is banned from the Disney Parks for life.

BuddyL4
05-29-2013, 05:40 PM
WDW tends to be fairly strict about it. DH couldn't carry into the parks. He can carry on property although even in resorts they ask that weapons be locked up. It bothered him but he obviously respected being asked not to carry there though with things like this occuring I'd almost rather know off duty cops could carry.

I had my EMT tools confiscated before from my back pack, and that was just large bandage scissors. The security people were extremly profesional about it and as they told me "your on vacation :thumbsup: " picked them back up on the way out no problems at all.

DizneyFreak2002
05-29-2013, 06:07 PM

He is just another paranoid freak...

hel5165
05-29-2013, 06:10 PM
We recently returned from WDW and one evening we left MK at around 8:15. I noticed that there were no guards on duty at the tables to check bags. People were swarming into the park to see the castle light show with bags/strollers etc.

I sent an email to Disney and got a call from a CM stating that maybe the security guards were needed elsewhere in the parks. Huh?

I will never go into that park in the evening again and I will certainly check that other parks at that time also. Don't know if it's a cost cutting effort or not but it's scary.

Terra
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM
100% Agree! There is no reason for anyone [other than law enforcement] to bring a gun into the parks. Thank GOD no one was hurt.

gerald72
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
So now, going to WDW may be like going to the airport. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. Get to the front gates, put bags on conveyors with guards possibly doing spot checks on people (can hear the complaining now) and walk through a metal detector and/or the thing that blasts air on you to detect explosives. Maybe even a K-9 unit nearby?

Upon passing the security check, guests will then proceed to the NextGen sensors and THEN hit the park. Does anyone else envision this? Hey, if it saves lives, I'm for it. Yes, it will make lines longer and you guys who are closer to this than others will likely have some insight.

It's such a shame that this is where some in our society are, mentally. There's always someone who wants to ruin it for the rest of us. I just can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt kids. As a parent of three, it's just a concept that I can't comprehend.

Maybe Disney Imagineers can put a fun spin on the metal detectors and puffs of air.

Terra
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
So this guy was thinking he needed protection against other WDW guests? That's kinda crazy. The list of things that could go wrong while bringing a loaded hand gun into a packed Theme Park is very, very long. And even if some other psycho did something, i don't believe Disney Security would look kindly at anyone with a gun trying to "help". It's just stupid.

He may not be charged with a crime, but he probably is banned from the Disney Parks for life.

Yes and Yes!!

For crying out loud we don't live in the wild west anymore. I realize anything can happen anywhere, but it does make me a bit more hesitant as a parent.

He is just another paranoid freak...

DizneyFreak2002
05-29-2013, 07:10 PM
100% Agree! There is no reason for anyone [other than law enforcement] to bring a gun into the parks. Thank GOD no one was hurt.

Believe it or not, there are plain clothed undercover sheriffs in each WDW theme park... Of course they cannot keep their eyes on everything and everyone but they are already there...

This incident shall pass... Disney may now have to be more strict with baggage checks... I'm fine with that... Just thankful no one was hurt, especially any children.. If this "responsible" gun owner caused his own demise for his stupidity, I'd probably laugh honestly... Harsh, I know... But hey, I laugh at stupid...

Funny thing is, you are safer in a Six Flags theme park (oh my the WDW fans may have a heart attack I just said that!!!)... They not only pat ya down (at least last time I was at my local Six Flags they did), but they also run a hand held metal detector scanner over your body... One trip, I remember, I had to empty my pockets because the security felt my wallet and cell phone... Not a problem, took all of 10 seconds and did not ruin my day...

TheVBs
05-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Just read about this. There are no civil words to express what I think of it. What kind of a headcase brings a loaded gun to a theme park? :mad: I hope they do tighten security and I hope they did ban this loser for life.

Pirate Granny
05-29-2013, 07:31 PM
We were there last week and three strollers went in the no bag check point and had tons of stuff in the underneath baskets. I asked the guards...what is the deal and pointed out the bags...two of them went running after the last two strollers, but the first one got away cause there were only two guards....GO FIGURE!!!

Terra
05-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Believe it or not, there are plain clothed undercover sheriffs in each WDW theme park... Of course they cannot keep their eyes on everything and everyone but they are already there...

This incident shall pass... Disney may now have to be more strict with baggage checks... I'm fine with that... Just thankful no one was hurt, especially any children.. If this "responsible" gun owner caused his own demise for his stupidity, I'd probably laugh honestly... Harsh, I know... But hey, I laugh at stupid...

Funny thing is, you are safer in a Six Flags theme park (oh my the WDW fans may have a heart attack I just said that!!!)... They not only pat ya down (at least last time I was at my local Six Flags they did), but they also run a hand held metal detector scanner over your body... One trip, I remember, I had to empty my pockets because the security felt my wallet and cell phone... Not a problem, took all of 10 seconds and did not ruin my day...

True! It wouldn't ruin my day either. If it means increased safety for my family, you better believe I'm in!
But hey, I'm still going to MK on Sunday! :blush:

gueli
05-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Believe it or not, there are plain clothed undercover sheriffs in each WDW theme park... This incident shall pass... Disney may now have to be more strict with baggage checks... I'm fine with that... If this "responsible" gun owner caused his own demise for his stupidity, I'd probably laugh honestly... Harsh, I know... But hey, I laugh at stupid...

Funny thing is, you are safer in a Six Flags theme park (oh my the WDW fans may have a heart attack I just said that!!!)...

Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners...

If he caused his own demise wouldn't that be a Darwin award winner (like the guy who played Russian roulette with a semi-automatic, or the poacher who shot a deer on a cliff above him, and the deer fell and took him out...)

:mickey:

I do not think it is necessary for people to have a weapon in a place like Disney (same for any other amusement park). It is not about the second amendment or defending one self.

:thumbsup:

waymickey
05-30-2013, 09:54 AM

You are 100% right. My DD works at the local six flags and they have metal dectors at all the entrance gates.. You can not get in until you are clear. Yes they ask you to empty pockets and take off shoes if need be. No one seems to mind and it does not take long at all.

joonyer
05-30-2013, 12:29 PM
I hope it doesn't come to having airport like security procedures at Disney Park entrances, but I think Disney can't just do nothing after this incident. The Boston Marathon bombing shows that there are always crazies out there who have an "agenda", whether political or personal, and no place would get one more news coverage and "fame" (infamy) than a Disney Park. As the Boston incident proves, just having children and families present is no deterrent to people with twisted ideas.

DizneyFreak2002
05-30-2013, 01:07 PM
True! It wouldn't ruin my day either. If it means increased safety for my family, you better believe I'm in!
But hey, I'm still going to MK on Sunday! :blush:

What would ruin my day is some gun totting nut job deciding to use guests as target practice cause those darm COMMIES are coming for their guns!!!!

Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners...

Honestly, not sure.. Possible they did... They do draw a lot fo teenagers, and let's face it, a lot teenagers think it is cool to act like a thug, and what do thugs do? Act like gang members... It wouldn't shock me to read a past incident... But then again, the current security protocols may have been put in place after 9-11... I really don't know..

If he caused his own demise wouldn't that be a Darwin award winner (like the guy who played Russian roulette with a semi-automatic, or the poacher who shot a deer on a cliff above him, and the deer fell and took him out...)[quote]

Movie for you to watch regarding this: The Darwin Awards... Funny movie yet so true..

[QUOTE=waymickey;2355633]You are 100% right. My DD works at the local six flags and they have metal dectors at all the entrance gates.. You can not get in until you are clear. Yes they ask you to empty pockets and take off shoes if need be. No one seems to mind and it does not take long at all.

Never had to take off my shoes... Actually, never witnessed security doing that to anyone... It actually takes longer for the employee to scan your ticket, or for the machine to, and for the turn style to let you through than the "intrusive" security check...

One thing people always seem to ignore: people scream about increased security and taking away freedoms... Well, 1) you are entering private property as a paid guest, you do not have the ultimate right (freedom) to enter said property... In order to do so you must follow their rules... Don't like it, stay home... 2) increased and "invasive" security is only a problem with people until they or their family members are victims of a crime because of lax security...

If, say, this idiot from yesterday had a death wish and went on a shooting spree killing an innocent person (or several).. and one of the killed was a member of family who loves to scream about increased security taking away liberties and freedoms... How fast would said family run to the media to blame Disney for lax security and sue Disney? They would lawyer up before the body was cold.... Then they would be screaming for increased security...

ChipNDale79
05-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Carowinds here in Charlotte if I remember correctly has metal detectors, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Disney having them if it would keep freaks like this guy out.

magicofdisney
05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
I believe they're probably way more concealed firearms in the park than most would want to believe. Disney simply does nothing to prevent them. I also don't think anyone with a CWP is paranoid or stupid for carrying. However, this guy lacked serious common sense. I haven't read the article, but someone mentioned his gun slipped from his pocket? That's straightforward stupidity and it makes the rest of the permit carriers looks as inane.

Disnamic Duo
05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
I believe they're probably way more concealed firearms in the park than most would want to believe. Disney simply does nothing to prevent them. I also don't think anyone with a CWP is paranoid or stupid for carrying. However, this guy lacked serious common sense. I haven't read the article, but someone mentioned his gun slipped from his pocket? That's straightforward stupidity and it makes the rest of the permit carriers looks as inane.

Finally a voice of reason... A lot of over reacting going on in my opinion.

Terra
05-30-2013, 04:19 PM
What would ruin my day is some gun totting nut job deciding to use guests as target practice cause those darm COMMIES are coming for their guns!!!!

:high5: I seriously chuckled out loud at this. My FIL buys into a lot of that!

Finally a voice of reason... A lot of over reacting going on in my opinion.
Meh, if me wanting stronger check points at mass people places makes me over-reacting...I'm good with that. Just call me Miss Paranoid ;) :drama:

Gator
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Our last trip he commented how easily it would be for someone carrying a small firearm to walk through the "no bag" line. Now it makes me wonder just how many people do....

This is what I was wondering. Disney will no doubt ramp up their security checks for bags, but they're not doing anything to check the no-bag line. Walking in with a pistol in your shorts under your shirt would be pretty easy. Instead, we have guards making sure we don't have an uzi in our diaper bags.

As far as this guy goes, I can't say I blame him. Usually the most dangerous places are "no gun" areas. That means some thug knows no one can stop him/her. As for the gun being loaded, what good is a gun if it ain't? As for the comments concerning his "nut job" government-fearing behavior, I'll point you to a movie where the only people who carry guns are from the government. It's call Schindler's List.

waymickey
05-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Did 6 flags have an incident in the past with violence? I know 6 flags/great adventure in NJ is a solid place to be...lots of fun for us northerners.

Yes Six Flags Great Adventure did have a Gun incident in the past. A gun was found in a womens bathroom. The gun got in from a season ticket holder entrance that did not have metal detectors.
The ticket entrance was closed and now everyone goes through the metal detector even employees.

I see no problem with having some added security. I would not mind taking a few extra minutes to be safe in the parks.

disneypastor
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Apparently this guy didn't have his handgun holstered properly.....although a .380 is meant to carry in-pocket, there are plenty of non-slip pocket holsters that would've kept it from coming out of his pocket.

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Apparently this guy didn't have his handgun holstered properly.....although a .380 is meant to carry in-pocket, there are plenty of non-slip pocket holsters that would've kept it from coming out of his pocket.
Doesn't matter if it was holstered properly or not... And apparently, it was only in his pocklet.. Carrying a weapon, even concealed, is against Disney park policy...

disneypastor
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
..... a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would 1) not carry it into a theme park full of kids, or 2) had it holstered properly, not just in his pocket...

From an earlier post of yours.

I realize it is against Disney policy....I was simply referring to how it could have come out of his pocket.

And you have made it quite clear as to how you feel about gun owners in earlier posts.

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2013, 07:02 PM
From an earlier post of yours.

I realize it is against Disney policy....I was simply referring to how it could have come out of his pocket.

And you have made it quite clear as to how you feel about gun owners in earlier posts.

Doesn't change the fact this guy was an idiot... I'm sure there are plenty of RESPONSIBLE people holstering their gun properly while in a WDW theme park despite it being against park policy... I still feel that you have to have a problem to feel the need to carry your gun into a theme park full of kids... Sorry, that's how I feel... Protect your home? Fine.. No issue what so ever... Feel the need to have to carry it every where you go? Yea, sorry, I don't agree and feel most of those people are 'fraid da guvernment gunna git 'em...

TheDuckRocks
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Disclaimer - I really know nothing about guns, except for what I see on TV or read about.
The thing about this I simply can not get my mind around are the hollow point bullets. To me that just seems like someone who has taken his own safety way overboard, if that really was his intent. But for all I know that could well be what everyone is using now.

SurferStitch
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM

I totally agree with you. :thumbsup:

DH and I have CWP's, and carry, and we are not paranoid or stupid. We also have zero fear of the government coming to "git" us. In fact, we don't really fear anything!

And no... we don't carry them into the parks.

Dulcee
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Disclaimer - I really know nothing about guns, except for what I see on TV or read about.
The thing about this I simply can not get my mind around are the hollow point bullets. To me that just seems like someone who has taken his own safety way overboard, if that really was his intent. But for all I know that could well be what everyone is using now.

They are illegal in NJ unless you are in law enforcement. Other states do not have as strict regulations regarding them.

coopers431
06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I don't post much on this site but I felt I had to respond to this post. I am a CCW holder as well and carry every where I LEGALLY can and no I am not afraid the government is out to get me. It is to protect my self and my family. I would never dream of carrying in a crowded amusement park when there are already incredible safety measures in place especially Disney. I believe this man was extremely irresponsible and should have lost his CCW permit. As to hollow points being more dangerous it is actually quite the opposite. They expand so that they would not penetrate and possibly hit an innocent bystander (as gruesome as this sounds).

Elias1901
06-07-2013, 12:03 PM
They are illegal in NJ unless you are in law enforcement. Other states do not have as strict regulations regarding them.

In Canada, this guy would've been tossed in the clink the second he was found. We don't allow people to play the "Ohhh, you didn't know this isn't allowed?" card at any point in time. It is so weird to see how different places have different laws. Around here, carrying a gun on your person (unless you're an officer of the law) has people assuming you're a bad person out to cause trouble.

magicofdisney
06-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Around here, carrying a gun on your person (unless you're an officer of the law) has people assuming you're a bad person out to cause trouble.

Yep, that's way different than what legal carriers around here believe.

TheHD
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
This is rIdiculous. I guess I was naive to think that gun issues were not a problem on DW property.

I don't care who you are, a "law abiding" permit gun-carrying person or an off-duty cop, nobody should be carrying a gun on to DW property. That is just irresponsible and borderline insane.

Elias1901
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM

Oh! The wonderful world of diversity... :funny:

joonyer
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM

And, there's no Second Amendment (or similar act) if effect in Canada. That's one big difference between the U.S. and other western countries.

BraddyB
06-07-2013, 06:12 PM
After reading about the story and hearing peoples thoughts here are mine.

First it doesn't matter if its a hollow point bullet or not, it's still a loaded gun. If you have a license to carry your gun it's going to be loaded. Not much of a point of having a gun on you without bullets if you need it. What is he supposed to do, throw it??

Second, being a responsible gun holder he should have had it in a holster, not in a pocket where it may fall out. Maybe he should talk to Plaxico Burress about carrying a gun without a holster. No holster in sweat pants at the club, ended up shooting himself in the foot and some jail time. Once again...Not Responsible

Third, as a Responsible gun holder, he should know where he CAN and CAN NOT carry a gun. Just because you have a piece of paper saying you can carry, doesn't mean you can carry everywhere.

I really think there should be a test people have to take to buy a gun or become a parent. There are plenty of people out there with one or both, who are careless and irresponsible. Neither of which should be handled that way.

Jared
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Third, as a Responsible gun holder, he should know where he CAN and CAN NOT carry a gun. Just because you have a piece of paper saying you can carry, doesn't mean you can carry everywhere.
That is why this isn't a political or philosophical question in my mind. This man wasn't responsible. No matter your ideology, no matter what you think about gun rights in America, nobody would ever call this idiot responsible.

There is simply no reason for a guest to carry a gun into a Disney theme park. An accident like this is unforgivable.

Terra
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
That is why this isn't a political or philosophical question in my mind. This man wasn't responsible. No matter your ideology, no matter what you think about gun rights in America, nobody would ever call this idiot responsible.

There is simply no reason for a guest to carry a gun into a Disney theme park. An accident like this is unforgivable.

Yes, exactly!

Wolf
06-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Yes! CWP is a wonderful thing a lot of my friends and family have, but that doesn't mean anything if you are stupid and don't pay attention in elementary gun safety...I think this guy is a total jerk who makes the rest of CWP people look crazy and dangerous but hopefully Disney can do something about this, I don't mind not having a weapon at WDW its one of the only places I feel safe enough to not feel a need for anything like that. I figure worst case scenario if I have to go out randomly, somewhere like WDW would be the best place, at least I'd go out happy lol

Wolf
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM

Hollow points are very hardcore bullets, the are the same concept as a regular bullet except these sort of splinter out causing more damage, good for personal or home security, even more level of crazy to have in WDW, but I do know most people are doing Hollow Points in personal safety guns now.

coopers431
06-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Hollow points are very hardcore bullets, the are the same concept as a regular bullet except these sort of splinter out causing more damage, good for personal or home security, even more level of crazy to have in WDW, but I do know most people are doing Hollow Points in personal safety guns now.

This is not entirely true. Hollow points expand when they hit an object so that they do the most damage while not penetrating all the way through. They are actually safer to carry in a crowded place then a full metal jacket which will penetrate an object and keep on going. This, however still does not mean an individual should carry a weapon on Disney property. This person is a disgrace to CCW holders and its jerks like this that ruin it for the people who carry safely and responsibly.

Disnamic Duo
06-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't post much on this site but I felt I had to respond to this post. I am a CCW holder as well and carry every where I LEGALLY can and no I am not afraid the government is out to get me. It is to protect my self and my family. I would never dream of carrying in a crowded amusement park when there are already incredible safety measures in place especially Disney. I believe this man was extremely irresponsible and should have lost his CCW permit. As to hollow points being more dangerous it is actually quite the opposite. They expand so that they would not penetrate and possibly hit an innocent bystander (as gruesome as this sounds).

Well said. It's sad that people who don't understand or don't agree with the right to bear arms try to portray people who do as paranoid idiots. Maybe it's because they're not completely secure with their own thoughts on the subject or just haven't educated themselves enough. There's really no need to insult or belittle because of a difference of opinion. It just creates hard feelings and a lack of open communication and understanding. It hinders progress.

Wolf
06-11-2013, 09:41 AM
This is not entirely true. Hollow points expand when they hit an object so that they do the most damage while not penetrating all the way through. They are actually safer to carry in a crowded place then a full metal jacket which will penetrate an object and keep on going. This, however still does not mean an individual should carry a weapon on Disney property. This person is a disgrace to CCW holders and its jerks like this that ruin it for the people who carry safely and responsibly.

Thanks for clarifying :)

EpcotRescueRanger
06-18-2013, 10:48 AM

They use handheld metal detectors at Six Flags Over Texas, I don't want to see this at Disney!

Renfairwedding
06-18-2013, 10:36 PM
What is it with Florida pistol owners? A boy found a gun in a Tampa Movie House toilet Stall. Do these people just toss their weapon in their pockets like a wallet or keys? :confused:

Come on. There is a time and place, I feel Disney is not the place for sure.

If a person dose feel the need to have a pistol on them they need to learn how to properly handle and holster their weapon and no matter what be in control of it at all times.