PDA

View Full Version : I need a "thing"

DisneyMomx2
05-29-2013, 09:40 AM
We are going to WDW in about a month and a half. :party: So every time we go to WDW I try to have a goal. One year it was to do 4 parks in 1 day. Did that. Another year I took pictures of every Mickey-shaped food I found. My DH already takes pictures with every character so I can't steal that idea. I'm looking for something to help make the trip a little more like a scavenger hunt in a way but not really. LOL Does that make sense???? :confused: Anyway, have any of you got ideas for something fun to try to do or accomplish while in the World? I would love to hear ideas!!

P.S. We always try new restaurants so that is already kind of taken, and I DON'T do much in the way of roller coasters so not looking for a thrill ride marathon. ;)

Thanks guys!! :mickey:

faline
05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Visit every live performance show in each park?

MOJoe
05-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Search for Hidden Mickey's? :mickey:

wilcat
05-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Take a picture of every Hidden Mickey you find.

Mrs Bus Driver
05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Maybe try some pin collecting. There are many ways you can do it. Rare pins, silly pins, park or ride specific pins. I always try to find character pins that I like especially Goofy pins. Btw most pins don't cost much like most things in the park do. How much you spend is up to you. You can also trade pins, I haven't done this yet as I want to keep the pins I buy. :mickey:

DisneyMomx2
05-29-2013, 12:00 PM
These are all great ideas guys! Thanks. I knew I could count on my fellow intercotees. Keep the ideas coming. I'm going to toss them out to the family and see who likes what.

joonyer
05-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Try to ride/see/do every attraction in MK in one day. It can be done, but it takes planning and luck with crowds, lines etc. It's hard to do, but you can say you did it after it's over.

paymerich
05-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Capture a picture of the following animals in the wild in EVERY PARK!:

Squirrel
Duck
Rabbit
Bird on garbage can

buzznwoodysmom
05-29-2013, 07:37 PM
If you haven't already done so try visiting all, or most, of the resort's. We have had some great down time in Disney visiting various resorts. If you take time to explore the grounds you can find some very nice "off the beaten path" spots to relax. Many resorts also have a few items in their food courts/quick service locations that you can't get at other resorts or parks.

Or maybe try doing several non park thing you haven't done in the past. Such as renting Surrey bikes, renting a boat of some sort, golfing, mini golf, bowling, movies, hot air balloon ride, spa day.

Kairi_7378
05-29-2013, 07:42 PM
This is going to sound a little wierd... My Dad works for Coca Cola. So on one trip, I took pictures of every Coca Cola vending machine that we saw. They are all different, depending on the park/ land/ resort they are in.

On the same trip, my husband had a "fun fact" about every ride we went on. (He went to a WDW trivia site.) He'd read them to me in line.

Last time we tried to snack around the WS with DS but he got full very quickly, even when we tried to spread it out :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-30-2013, 09:03 PM
DD and I have been thinking ... what about:

- trying a candy and/or snack in each country of Epcot (could expand to each area of each park)

- using all modes of transportation in the same day

- take a picture in a new, silly or fun hat each day?

- pick a few rides to ride multiple times - set a goal?

MargaretMessler
05-30-2013, 09:47 PM
You can also trade pins, I haven't done this yet as I want to keep the pins I buy. :mickey:

You could always buy some cheap Disney pins (ebay perhaps, try to find a small lot of pins priced inexpensively) and then trade for ones that you like and would otherwise buy off the shelves.

MargaretMessler
05-30-2013, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=ibelieveindisneymagic;2355813]
- trying a candy and/or snack in each country of Epcot (could expand to each area of each park)

- take a picture in a new, silly or fun hat each day?
QUOTE]

I like these ideas, and may steal them in September :thumbsup:

dixielandings
05-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Take a series of "nap" pics - you snoozing in all the most popular sleep spots: rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer Island, benches in Epcot, Hall of Presidents :blush:, Monorail, etc.

These are all fun ideas!

DisneyMomx2
05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
First of all, you guys ROCK!! So many ideas to choose from !! Now I am going to do more than 1 of these. lol

1-I will definitely try to take all forms of transportation in 1 day. Love that!

2-Absolutely doing the photos with as many funny/weird hats as possible.

3-Definitely going to try a snack from each country in Epcot.

4-Going to aim to hit Soarin at least 2 or 3 times as it is my favorite but I only ever get on it once per trip.

5-Checking out ebay for pins. If nothing else, maybe I can find some for my kids to trade.

Oh and my youngest daughter is all over finding hidden mickeys. :)

Thanks so much guys!!

VWL Mom
05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm a little late to the party here but how about taking a photo with CM's and see how many different states and countries you can come up with.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-31-2013, 02:46 PM
My post is similar to the above one--DD and I took pics with a CM (cute guys, for the most part) from every country when we went around the world in Epcot. ;) We've also posed for pics in hats from every country. You could bring a special small stuffed animal/character with you and snap pics of it on all the attractions you experience, and maybe with CM's and characters. Somebody techhy could make a cool video with this when you get home! :wave:

thejens
06-01-2013, 02:25 AM
We took pictures wearing hats for each country in Epcot one year and it was very cute.

We always buy pins on ebay and then each one of us tends to trade and collect for something different. I was on a hunt for all the 7 dwarves one year. Once we were hunting for all the monorail trains. My mom only wanted Micky. I like to get the ones themed for our resort.

My son likes to get his pic made on all the rides looking as bored as possible. It is especially funny when I am screaming.

I like to visit a different resort every time. Even if it is one I am not staying in.

I like all the ideas here!