PDA

View Full Version : The "gray" stuff

Ms. Mode
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
We were talking about BoG yesterday and my SIL asked us what the "gray" stuff is...hmmm, I don't know...just that you need to try it cause it's delicious; ask the dishes, etc.

Has anyone actually had the gray stuff? And, can you tell me what it is? I'm thinking some type of pudding. :confused:

Strmchsr
05-28-2013, 03:03 PM
It's a very small amount of chocolate mousse. The only bring it out on your birthday. It's not more than a bite or two, though.

BuddyL4
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
I was having an Indiana Jones flashback to chilled monkey brains.:sick:

Melanie
05-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I've heard the gray stuff tastes just a good as it looks. :ack:

Strmchsr
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I've heard the gray stuff tastes just a good as it looks. :ack:

It actually wasn't bad at all. I thought it was pretty good. Like i said, basically chocolate mousse. It was served on a small little plate where the pastry chef had written "try the grey stuff it's delicious" in chocolate letting.

Melanie
05-28-2013, 05:20 PM
It actually wasn't bad at all. I thought it was pretty good. Like i said, basically chocolate mousse. It was served on a small little plate where the pastry chef had written "try the grey stuff it's delicious" in chocolate letting.

:thumbsup:

Scar
05-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Tastes like chicken.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Tastes like chicken.
:laughing:

VAdizneefan
05-29-2013, 06:47 AM
We tried it in March and thought it was yummy. A very small little blob though, as others have mentioned, but good.

Melanie
05-29-2013, 07:58 AM
We tried it in March and thought it was yummy. A very small little blob though, as others have mentioned, but good.

Maybe there are some folks who just can't get past the color. I saw many remarks on Twitter when the restaurant first opened that indicated it wasn't very good. ;)

BrerGnat
05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I think it's actually something you can order now. I remember reading something about some slight menu changes, and that was one of them. I guess they got tired of people asking for it when it was supposed to be for special occasions only.

It is technically a "cookies and cream" flavored mousse. That's what the chef said in a podcast I heard where he was interviewed.

IamBelle
05-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Is it available during lunch hours? As a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, I need to try this!

Strmchsr
05-29-2013, 10:05 AM
I think it's actually something you can order now. I remember reading something about some slight menu changes, and that was one of them.

It wasn't on the new menu a couple of weeks ago. I knew they had done some slight menu tweaks since we visited in Jan, but the gray stuff isn't on the menu. I don't know if you can request it, though.

Is it available during lunch hours? As a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, I need to try this!

It was brought out for lunch and dinner on birthdays. It's really not anything to be excited about, though. Like I mentioned previously, I thought it tasted okay (though, as Mel as has said others aren't so fond of it) but it's such a small blob and it's not out of this world good that it's not something I would go looking for.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
I think this is yet another example of Mr. Magoo running Disney World, especially dining.

As soon was FLE was announced (nearly 4 years ago), numerous folks made a fun comment about trying out the gray stuff at BOG. It wasn't rocket science that it needed to be on the menu, yet Disney once again dropped the ball.

Kplaster
05-29-2013, 12:56 PM
It is marscapone cheese and oreos. REALLY REALLY good!!!

TheDuckRocks
05-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but paled in comparison to the cupcakes and creme puffs. Was a really cute idea and I sure wouldn't think it "awful".

joanna71985
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I've had it before. It was really good!

Tinkerbella16
06-04-2013, 08:50 PM
It is a cookies and cream mousse like pudding! :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
It is a cookies and cream mousse like pudding! :mickey:

Like pudding and whipped cream mixed. And if the gray stuff had cookies in it they had pulverized the dickens out of it. I really didn't notice any texture to it at all.

Tinkerbella16
06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Like pudding and whipped cream mixed. And if the gray stuff had cookies in it they had pulverized the dickens out of it. I really didn't notice any texture to it at all.

Someone got the actual recipe and made it... it calls for Oreo cookies.

DisneyDawgette
06-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I was having an Indiana Jones flashback to chilled monkey brains.:sick:

Haha! Nice. ;)

TheDuckRocks
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Someone got the actual recipe and made it... it calls for Oreo cookies.

Wow! I never would have known that at all. I did ask 4 of the people we went with and they agreed with me ..... no idea. We all did find it tasty though.

darthmacho
06-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Tastes like chicken.
I would say it tastes more "poultry-like", or perhaps, "chicken-esque". (Anyone get the reference?) ;)

GrmGrninGost
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Whatever it is, I absolutely loved it! :thumbsup:

KathyMO
06-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I thought it tasted like a chocolate moose with a little hazelnut favoring.