PDA

View Full Version : Papers for airports for my 2 yr old

ISLE39
05-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Do I need to bring any papers for proof that my son is mine. Ie birth certificate etc. I've never flown with a child before

KylesMom
05-28-2013, 02:20 PM
You don't need to, but I always felt more comfortable having a copy of DS's birth certificate with me anyway. Never was asked to see it, both for air travel and Disney admittance, but better safe than sorry. DS was an exceptionally large child and I was always concerned we would be questioned on his age when his admittance was free. :mickey:

ISLE39
05-28-2013, 04:54 PM
That's interesting. I would have thought the airports would ask. You know to make sure your not stealing a child. Hmmmm. I think I will take a copy just in case. Not worried about Disney. They are not allowed to ask your child's age. My son will only be 28 months but I was never concerned over Disney. The bad part is he looks 3-4 yrs old bc he's huge. I might get looks for that

kakn7294
05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I always brought my daughters' birth certificates as well but was never asked to provide them. Both daughters now have state issued ID - one has a drivers license and the other has just an ID card - looks like a drivers license. I got the ID card because she was traveling with my parents in April but again, they were never asked to produce ID.

faline
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Depending on which airline you fly, you may need to prove the child's age if you are not purchasing a separate seat for the child.

Kairi_7378
05-28-2013, 09:26 PM
You don't need to, but I always felt more comfortable having a copy of DS's birth certificate with me anyway. Never was asked to see it, both for air travel and Disney admittance, but better safe than sorry. DS was an exceptionally large child and I was always concerned we would be questioned on his age when his admittance was free. :mickey:

I do this when I fly with my son as well. We have never been asked to provide it, though :)

ISLE39
05-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I will definitely bring it but that makes me nervous for our country thinking hey if my kid was kidnapped and they got on a plane they could be gone just about anywhere very quickly without not even knowing. Very scary

VAdizneefan
05-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Yes, no ID for children under 18 is required on domestic flights.

Pirate Granny
05-29-2013, 07:39 AM
We just got back from taking our 3 yr old grandson...not one airline or TAA asked for paperwork. We obviously were the grandparents and his mom was NOT with us....never even asked his name...although it was on the boarding pass...his name is different than ours....I was very surprised with all the other security that this was so lax.

dixielandings
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Southwest is the only airline that has ever consistently asked for Child's birth certificate, but since we started purchasing her a seat, even that has stopped.

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I was very surprised with all the other security that this was so lax.I always am as well. We carry our kids' passports (we are Canadian), but have never been asked to show ID. I think this is a huge airline security FAIL.

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I will definitely bring it but that makes me nervous for our country thinking hey if my kid was kidnapped and they got on a plane they could be gone just about anywhere very quickly without not even knowing. Very scary
On one hand, I can understand this sentiment. On the other hand, I would hope that all parents would be vigilant in keeping tabs on their kids at the airport--it ultimately begins and ends with that assumption, IMO. However, I see many parents so loaded down with "kid things"--strollers, diaper bags, car seats, etc. that I imagine it's easy to get distracted.

DizneyRox
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Southwest is the only airline that has ever consistently asked for Child's birth certificate, but since we started purchasing her a seat, even that has stopped.Southwest only cares that they are eligible to fly free. If you're buying a ticket, then no worries...