PDA

View Full Version : Hot Water for Tea Availability

garymacd
05-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi all.
I am certain someone, somewhere has dealt with this before and will have the answer.

My beloved wife has rheumatoid arthritis and takes methotrexate to reduce the inflammation and pain. Unfortunately, the side effects leave her feeling nauseated and with a metallic taste in her mouth for the next 24 hours. The only thing that seems to clear it at this time (even with the anti-nausea drugs) is hot ginger tea.

Obviously we can't carry around a great big thermos of hot water all day at the parks. Does anyone know if the CS restaurants would supply a cup and hot water for her to make her own tea, or would she have to pay for a hot beverage? Do you think they would fill a refillable mug for her? Is there any other place she could get a mug of hot water for tea?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mydisneygirls
05-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I know it's a state law that if you ask for tap water, they have to provide it for free. We've only asked for ice water but I'd be very surprised if they charge for hot water.

You didn't mention what month you are going, but making the ice tea with ice water might be refreshing in the hot months!!!

garymacd
05-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the response. We are going in November just before American Thanksgiving. I'm not certain about the weather at that time of the year, and I don't know how good ginger tea is as an iced tea. Not being a coffee or tea drinker myself, I can't make a comment either way.

Capt_redshirt
05-28-2013, 05:11 PM
ginger tea brewed hot then iced is really good but in november i dont think youll have a problem getting hot water...

Tink1
05-28-2013, 05:50 PM
I believe the Disney Baby Care Center has a microwave. I am sure if you went in to heat a cup of water (sans baby) it would not be an issue.

Just checked, it does have a microwave! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/baby-care-centers/

Nanci

DisneyFan1979
06-10-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd be willing to bet that you can get a cup of hot water for free at quick-service locations. Particularly, if you say that you are using your own tea bag for health reasons. Disney is always so accommodating about that kind of thing.