PDA

View Full Version : Resort mugs

CanadaLovesDisney
05-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Quick question will the resort mugs this summer be the same as they were this past February 2013?

Thanks for any responses :mickey:

Capt_redshirt
05-28-2013, 01:09 AM
everything i have ever seen show that the mugs are still the sames but some of the color are starting to run out

Zippy 1
05-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I hope they have new mugs when we go!

buzznwoodysmom
05-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Which colors are running out?

Capt_redshirt
05-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I dont know ive only heard rumors and seen pictures.... my guess would be the popular colors like black and blue and pink

tadshome
05-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I hope that they have new ones in August as I already have all of the colours of the ones that they have been using since 2011.

Capt_redshirt
05-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I hope that they have new ones in August as I already have all of the colours of the ones that they have been using since 2011.

my thought exactly but a new design would be better....

Sylvia
05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Another wish for a new design. I have 4 each of the last 3 designs, so, if the design is the same as last year, I'll soon have 6 of the beach scene.

But there's always the slim (very slim) that resort-specific mugs will come back. I can only hope.

Figment104
05-30-2013, 12:55 PM
When we were at the WL earlier in May, they for sure had blue, pink, and I thought I saw black as well. What other colors were there? This was our first trip since 2010, so it's the first of this set I have. I have lots of the previous couple of sets though.

Capt_redshirt
05-30-2013, 01:53 PM
i've seen orange and green and purple randomly but like i said some colors go quicker than others

Piglet27
06-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Has anyone heard if a new design will be out soon? Really hoping for a new design we leave in 25 days:mickey:

Capt_redshirt
06-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Has anyone heard if a new design will be out soon? Really hoping for a new design we leave in 25 days:mickey:

I have a sneaky suspicion that we wont see new mugs this year. or if we do its going to be pushed to october november time frame (thats if they ever run out )

buzznwoodysmom
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
i've seen orange and green and purple randomly but like i said some colors go quicker than others

I know they had yellow at the very beginning of this design in early 2011, but that color was quickly retired. I am pretty sure they had purple, orange, and green for a very, very short time sometime also in 2011. Since at least late 2011/early 2012 the only colors available have been pink, blue, and black.

TheHD
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
I figured that I would reply to an older post. Does anyone have any updates on the current resort mugs? Sitll the same pool scene and black, blue/green, and pink colors?

We're leaving in two weeks and holding out slight hope that they might have been phased out by now.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-01-2013, 01:26 PM
To bad they no longer to resort specific mugs. They stopped doing them shortly after I started going to WDW. I really wish I had gotten some back then.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I think it would be a great double purpose if they changed the resort mug designs every January. Not only, would it be great for the collectors, but it would be a REALLY easy way to spot the mug offenders. Sure they could reuse in the same year but after that, only that one design would be accepted at the counters. :thumbsup:

waymickey
07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I still think they should allow you to reuse your mug from a previous year. They could offer a discount price maybe 10.00 bucks and add a plastic ring at the handle to show you paid to reuse your mug. This is a green approach and it would help stop people who try to cheat the system. It would be like a suitcase with all the stickers from where you traveled. :cool:

MargaretMessler
07-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I still think they should allow you to reuse your mug from a previous year. They could offer a discount price maybe 10.00 bucks and add a plastic ring at the handle to show you paid to reuse your mug. This is a green approach and it would help stop people who try to cheat the system. It would be like a suitcase with all the stickers from where you traveled. :cool:

That's actually a GREAT idea! You should suggest that to someone in an official capacity.

waymickey
07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
That's actually a GREAT idea! You should suggest that to someone in an official capacity.

Do you know who I could suggest this to ? The worst they could say is no right.

TheHD
07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I think it would be a great double purpose if they changed the resort mug designs every January. Not only, would it be great for the collectors, but it would be a REALLY easy way to spot the mug offenders. Sure they could reuse in the same year but after that, only that one design would be accepted at the counters. :thumbsup:

I saw so many mug offenders on my last trip and they kept coming back. The CMs didn't seem to care or didn't want to hassle with these offenders.

TheHD
07-03-2013, 10:54 AM

I like the idea, but if someone was bringing in an old, dirty mug from years past, wouldn't it be a hygiene issue?

VWL Mom
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I figured that I would reply to an older post. Does anyone have any updates on the current resort mugs? Sitll the same pool scene and black, blue/green, and pink colors?

We're leaving in two weeks and holding out slight hope that they might have been phased out by now.

Just got back last night, same design - blue, pink and black were available at WL.

TheHD
07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Yuck.

Thanks for the update. I guess there's always next year.

waymickey
07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I like the idea, but if someone was bringing in an old, dirty mug from years past, wouldn't it be a hygiene issue?

I hate to break it to you but they already are bringing back dirty old mugs from years past.

ANG
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I saw so many mug offenders on my last trip and they kept coming back. The CMs didn't seem to care or didn't want to hassle with these offenders.

Just curious how you know they were offenders. Were they a different cup design than the pool scene?

ANG
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I hate to break it to you but they already are bringing back dirty old mugs from years past.

Who's cups are dirty? haha Sorry, this just made me laugh. Our cups are in fantastic condition (we never use coffee in them). How is it a hygiene thing?

Imag1neer
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
We were there in late April and they had the same pool scene mugs. I think we only saw black, blue, and pink.

From what I've heard, Disney manufactured way more than they thought they needed, and so that's why they've been the same for so long. The one's that we received at WL were even somewhat faded, as if they were sitting around for a long time.

I think the resort-specific mugs were a great idea. I saw many WL mugs at the pool and would love to use them back home at work and around the house.

TheHD
07-04-2013, 03:21 PM

Yeah, I know. I saw plenty of them.

TheHD
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Just curious how you know they were offenders. Were they a different cup design than the pool scene?

Yes, different designs. I even saw a resort specific mug at Pop Century. I don't believe Pop Century was completed before they discontinued the resort specific mugs.

TheHD
07-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Who's cups are dirty? haha Sorry, this just made me laugh. Our cups are in fantastic condition (we never use coffee in them). How is it a hygiene thing?

You never know if someone uses their mugs, takes them home and uses them for cat litter scoopers, shovels, etc., and then brings them back to be used.

Maybe it's just me, but I think about these things. :blush:

JoDisney
07-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Ok, who do you know that uses their drinking mug to scoop up their cat's litter box and then uses it again as their drinking mug?

TheHD
07-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Hopefully nobody, but I've seen plenty that looked as if they'd been used that way. Just making a fairly obvious joke.

NJDad
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Yes, different designs. I even saw a resort specific mug at Pop Century. I don't believe Pop Century was completed before they discontinued the resort specific mugs.

We have two different Pop Century mugs, the fat bottomed one and the thin bottomed one that fits in your cup holder in the car, so it was completed at least a couple years when resort specific mugs were around.

big blue and hairy
07-05-2013, 12:03 PM
We have two different Pop Century mugs, the fat bottomed one and the thin bottomed one that fits in your cup holder in the car, so it was completed at least a couple years when resort specific mugs were around.

Yup. I have them too.

:sulley:

MargaretMessler
07-05-2013, 03:37 PM

I don't see why it would be, the same person is drinking out of it, they would only be adding a tag to show that it is paid for.

MargaretMessler
07-05-2013, 03:38 PM

I believe you're right, we stayed at Pop not long after it opened and they were using generic mugs. So those were around a while

big blue and hairy
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I believe you're right, we stayed at Pop not long after it opened and they were using generic mugs. So those were around a while

Nope it's wrong. I bought my Pop refillable mug at Pop while staying there.

:sulley:

Sylvia
07-06-2013, 12:14 AM
POP was my first value resort. I also stayed there soon after it opened. I have 3 POP resort-specific mugs.

MargaretMessler
07-06-2013, 03:31 AM
POP was my first value resort. I also stayed there soon after it opened. I have 3 POP resort-specific mugs.

I stand corrected, must not have been my first Pop visit I was thinking of. Couldn't check because a bunch of my old mugs are long gone. :confused:

NJDad
07-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Saw both versions of the Pop Century mug when I google-image-searched it.

Bing search had them too, along with a ceramic one from the gift shop area I suppose.

TheHD
07-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Ok, cool. Were they still offering lifetime resort refillable mugs at that time as well?

Maleficent's Dad
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Orlandoparksnews is reporting a new "Rapid Fill" mugs program being rolled out starting THIS month! (ETA by mod: Article below)

It's an RFID chip enabled mug that allows 4 refills per hour. It's also priced according to your length of stay:
$8.99 for one day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for stays of 4-14 days

Additional days can be added on as long as it's part of a consecutive stay at a WDW Resort.

So roll out the new mugs! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
07-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Here's the article from Orlando Theme Park News:

Something new is coming to all the Disney hotels here in the Walt Disney World Resort in the next few weeks:

A new refillable mug program — Rapid Fill — will roll out at resort locations with self-service beverage stations at Walt Disney World Resort hotels. The introduction of these new mugs will take place in a phased approach beginning in July with Disney’s All Star Resorts, where the program originally piloted in 2011. The new Rapid Fill mugs have a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip installed in the mug that allows it to be programmed for multiple days (with the option of adding additional days) all the way through Guests’ entire length of stay (even more than 14 days, but they have to be CONSECUTIVE). Mugs will allow Guests to refill beverages at any resort self-service beverage station. Guests also will be able to check their remaining days available on the fountain beverage dispenser’s LCD communication display. Rapid Fill mugs may be purchased and used at any resort self-service beverage island. Disney Dining Plan Guests will receive this mug as part of their package.

Here you are just some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) you may have about the "Rapid Fill" mugs:

- What's the difference between the current Resort Refillable mugs and the Rapid Fill mugs?
The Rapid Fill mugs offer Guests flexibility by allowing them to choose one, two, or three days of refills or for their entire length of stay. The RFID (radio frequency identification) chip installed in the mug alerts Guests as to how many days they have remaining on their mug. The program was tested in 2011 at Disney’s All Star Resorts and is similar to the technology currently used in mugs sold at Disney water parks.*

- Can non-Walt Disney World Resort Guests purchase and use the mug?*
Yes. Anyone can purchase and use the Rapid Fill mugs at any resort self-service beverage station.

- Can the Rapid Fill mugs be used in multiple resort hotels?*
Yes. The Rapid Fill mugs may be enjoyed at any resort hotel self-service beverage station.*

- Can I bring the same Rapid Fill mug each time I visit the Walt Disney World Resort?
No, past mugs cannot be activated for future visits. Guests who purchase the Length of Stay option for Rapid Fill program can use the mug for fourteen (14) consecutive days after activation. Guests can extend the mug beyond the 14-day Length of Stay option as long as it’s still within the current length of stay.*

- If the mug is activated for first use at 5 p.m., will the one day count until 5 p.m. the next day?
No, the day will end at 11:59 p.m. that night. Each day is a calendar day (12:01 a.m. – 11:59 p.m.), not a 24-hour period.*Whenever the mug is used for the first time, regardless of *time of day, the mug will expire for that day at midnight.*

- Can the current water park mug be used in resorts?*
No. The current water park mug is only valid in water parks, with no resort add-on option. However, Guests soon *will be able to add a water park option for their mug.

- Can Guests purchase a Resort Rapid Fill mug anywhere at Walt Disney World Resort?*
Resort Rapid Fill mugs may only be purchased at Walt Disney World Resort hotels with self-service beverage *stations.

- If a Guest prefers not to purchase the Rapid Fill mug, can they purchase a regular mug instead?
The Rapid Fill mugs will be the only refillable mugs available at this time. Guests may choose to purchase*
nonrefillable paper cups for their drinks if they prefer.

- Can mugs be microwaved?
No, the mug cannot be microwaved.

- What is the price of the Rapid Fill mug?
The prices of the mugs vary based on Guest preference for number of days for refills, as follows:
$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)
So, what do you think? Are you looking forward to use these new mugs, or... not? Tell us what you think.

waymickey
07-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Not sure how I feel about this yet. All Stars first. I wonder if that means that Mods will be next and then Deluxe?

etibbetts
07-08-2013, 10:11 AM
When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. Has anyone heard of them still doing that (or do they do that at the waterparks)? My problem is many times when I've refilled I've taken a sip and the coke was gross so I had to go to a different fountain to get a good cup. I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.

TheHD
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. Has anyone heard of them still doing that (or do they do that at the waterparks)? My problem is many times when I've refilled I've taken a sip and the coke was gross so I had to go to a different fountain to get a good cup. I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think maybe it keeps track of how long you refill each time so that someone wouldn't get dinged an entire refill just for taking a sip. It must add up the time of each activation so that it can total up each appropriate refill. I hope at least.

TheHD
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Here's the article from Orlando Theme Park News:

- Can the Rapid Fill mugs be used in multiple resort hotels?*
Yes. The Rapid Fill mugs may be enjoyed at any resort hotel self-service beverage station.*

Not that I would bring my mug along with me after leaving my resort, but at least they now give you the option to resort hop with the mugs.

ransam
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM
since they are included in the dining plan and i use the dining plan, it doesn't really affect me.
But even if it did, i have no problem w/ paying a few extra dollars.

I usually get one and use it while I'm there, and then i just give it out as a souvenier (SP). i also take it to the parks w/ me.
It's great to put water in from the water fountins. If you eat somewhere, you can get a drink to go, and then pour it in the cup.
and even though it's not refillable at the parks, a lot of the QS dining will fill it for you when you leave.

so it serves two purposes. One, i get drinks and two, you can give it to someone.

it's well worth the money to me.

ANG
07-08-2013, 03:03 PM
So I leave for WDW in a few days, staying at a Deluxe. Will they issue me the old mug for this trip?

If it's starting at the Value resorts, I'm assuming they won't be at the Deluxes this week?

Camping Mom
07-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Walt Disney Resort hotels will soon be introducing a new refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill.'

Using RFID technology embedded into mugs, Rapid Fill will allow guests to select a time-frame for their mugs to be active to receive beverage refills. At the end of the purchased period, the mug will deactivate itself. The new mugs will be able to be used at any resort hotel quick service fountain, regardless of where it was original purchased.

Unlike the existing refillable mug program where pricing is fixed for a length of stay, the new Rapid Fill will use a tiered pricing structure. Pricing is listed below (days are counted as a calendar day, and not a 24 hour period).
•$8.99 for 1 day
•$11.99 for 2 days
•$14.99 for 3 days
•$17.99 for length of stay

As with the current refillable mug program, it will be included in some Disney Dining Plan benefits. Past mugs will not be able to be reused, and a new mug will need to be purchased for each resort stay. Fountains will include an LCD display to indicate the number of remaining refill days.

The rollout will begin in July 2013 at Disney's All Star Resort, and will expand to all other locations.

Feel it is sort of a rip off, but you can use the mug at any resort now...but a lot of people already did.

Pirate Granny
07-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Hummmmm, I'm a tea drinker...hot tea...how are they rationing hot water? Or tea bags? Glad to hear length of stay...how about split stays? Consecutive yes, just at two separate DVC resorts?

Tekneek
07-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Hummmmm, I'm a tea drinker...hot tea...how are they rationing hot water? Or tea bags? Glad to hear length of stay...how about split stays? Consecutive yes, just at two separate DVC resorts?

Supposedly this will be factored in, but I suspect this will be wrought with problems.

I'm gathering that there are limits to how quickly you can refill it as well. There were times I would take a stroll to the food court and might have multiple refills within a short period. My idea of "unlimited refills" is not "time-rationed refills" like Disney would prefer.

PCruzer
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Any idea how long it will take before all the resorts are on this program? The moderates, in particular?

Posterchild
07-09-2013, 12:16 PM
When I first heard about this program, something was said about when you refill it locks you out for 5 minutes. ....I would be really annoyed to have to wait five minutes.

This will probably be the case as that is just how the machines work. The coke "freestyle" machines on our recent RC Cruise did the same thing. It is to prevent people from sharing, filling up camelbaks, what have you. I am sure a CM will be nearby to override if you get some gross coke (Lets hope anyway).

With the coke freestyle people would just mix up stuff that in no way sounded good, and then expect to dump it out and refill. I did get some good sodas out of the machines, but for the most part what I picked was pretty nasty.