PDA

View Full Version : Holy ADRs Batman!!

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Holy Moly, I didn't know it would be so hard to book ADRs for a group of 23! I knew it would be tougher than our usual smaller party, but I've been at it for a good chunk of the day and still haven't been able to secure all our ADRs for Thanksgiving week.

I think I got the most important ones tho!

Ohana's at 7:50 for our first night for a party of 25! We have 2 extra people this first night. This was, by far, the most important to us. We always have Ohana on the first night.

Liberty Tree Tavern for a party of 23 at 6:50 on our Magic Kingdom day.

Still waiting to hear back from Rose and Crown. I had to call this restaurant directly and leave a message for such a large group.

Sci Fi for DHS. This one I had to split into 3 smaller reservations @ 11:00. 11:15, and 11:20. They normally will take a party as large as 23, but there were no times at all throughout the entire day that they had 23 seats open.

For Thanksgiving day I got Ohana's breakfast at 10am. We originally wanted 1900 Park Fare, but even the CMs are getting an "error" message when trying to book, even when trying smaller parties. So we'll keep Ohana's for now and cancel later if we can get Park Fare.

Also for Thanksgiving I got Cape May Café for all 23 at 5:15.

And still waiting to hear back from Boat Wright's for our last night in Disney. Had to call and leave a message there too.

All in all I think I did well. I have already informed everyone we are traveling with that the next time they want to all go together it's someone else's job to book our dining. Either that or I'll charge by the hour to do it for them. LOL.

mechanic
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM
When we do a large group we will split up and go our own ways in small groups . meeting up at different locations but not for ts meals. just cs.

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
When we do a large group we will split up and go our own ways in small groups . meeting up at different locations but not for ts meals. just cs.

We have traveled with as many as 15-16 before and had no problems making ADRs. I guess we just have a bit too many this trip.

We always do TS meals together, sometimes that's the only time we see our whole travel party. Lol

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I am amazed you did that well for Thanksgiving week.

Pirate Granny
05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Great Job!

garymacd
05-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Wow! I can't believe you had that much trouble! I just booked all our ADR's for the weekend before Thanksgiving and the lead-up to it. Also for a group of 23.

We got Teppan Edo, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Victoria & Albert's for the Bride and Groom, Brown Derby and Fantasmic, Tutto Italia for dinner and Be Our Guest, also for dinner. It took me less than an hour. Guess I was lucky.

buzznwoodysmom
05-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Wow! I can't believe you had that much trouble! I just booked all our ADR's for the weekend before Thanksgiving and the lead-up to it. Also for a group of 23.

We got Teppan Edo, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Victoria & Albert's for the Bride and Groom, Brown Derby and Fantasmic, Tutto Italia for dinner and Be Our Guest, also for dinner. It took me less than an hour. Guess I was lucky.

I was surprised too. I didn't think I'd have so much trouble.

I think one problem is the online booking site. After my sister in law and I booked the first meal we both kept getting different error messages. We were unable to book anything online after that initial booking.

The other problem I had was that two of the places we want will not allow you to book a large group online or by phone with the dining number. You have to actually call the restaurant at Rose and Crown and Boat Wrights. There are several restaurants that work this way with large groups, just so happens you must not have tried booking any of those.

I still haven't heard back from either place. At this point I may have to pick another location for those nights just to have something booked as a back up plan. My worry now is that by the time they decide to call me back there may not be any availability left for such a large group.

RedSoxFan
05-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Good job with all the ADR's.
Dinner is sure to filled with lots of laughs with all those people. Enjoy!!

garymacd
05-28-2013, 05:08 PM
The other problem I had was that two of the places we want will not allow you to book a large group online or by phone with the dining number. You have to actually call the restaurant at Rose and Crown and Boat Wrights. There are several restaurants that work this way with large groups, just so happens you must not have tried booking any of those.

I still haven't heard back from either place.

I found the same thing with the very large groups but only with some restaurants. Teppan Edo, Brown Derby and Tutto Italia called back within a day. If you haven't heard back from them soon, call them back and pester them. That's their job.