PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Parking

Urbss
05-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Next week we will be staying at the Boardwalk for a couple nights. We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio room.

My question is about parking. We have driven to the BW on a couple occasions to eat and always parked in the lot across the street. Is this where hotel guests also park? Or, are there other lots?

How bad is the parking situation at the BW?

Thanks!!
Tom

Christine
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Next week we will be staying at the Boardwalk for a couple nights. We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio room.

My question is about parking. We have driven to the BW on a couple occasions to eat and always parked in the lot across the street. Is this where hotel guests also park? Or, are there other lots?

How bad is the parking situation at the BW?

Thanks!!
Tom

You should have no problem parking at the BW- when you check in they will give you a parking pass and you can park in the resort-side lot.

GAN
05-27-2013, 06:09 AM
You could valet the car and not have to worry -if you feel like it.

CanadianWDWFan
05-27-2013, 09:11 AM
You could valet the car and not have to worry -if you feel like it.
:ditto:

We are owners at BWV and this is how we park. Sure it costs a bit more but for us we consider it a treat.

As Christine has already pointed out, the lot for resort guests will be available to you. Depending on where your room is it could be a bit of a walk.

DizneyRox
05-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Do they now have better controls on the resort parking? Last time stayed a BW and had a car, we could never find a spot a night. Got really fed up when we went to the car in the AM to a very empty lot. We are early risers, so I don't think we got there when everyone else had left. We attributed it to day guests "visiting".

Melanie
05-27-2013, 03:31 PM
When I stayed there last fall, I had to park waaaaaay in the back, but I did find a space. Man it was a haul back to the hotel though. The lots up front are valet, I do believe.

Janmac
05-27-2013, 07:48 PM
One of the self parking entrances is to the left, just after the security gate, same side of the street as the Boardwalk is on. If memory serves, you drive in the self parking, and then turn left - because the spots to the right are valet. Lots of people park in this area which is about as far from the Boardwalk as you can get.
You can turn right and go to the furthest lane of parking spots from the main drive, turn right (towards the Boardwalk) and drive almost to the tennis courts and you'll still be in the self parking. If you are parking your car at mid-day, you may find some spots along in here, and fairly close to the Boardwalk. To get to your room, head past the tennis courts to the waterway (this leads to Disney Hollywood Studios to the left) turn right and walk beside it toward the Boardwalk.
This is what we did in February at Boardwalk, which might not have been as busy as next week.

Jan