PDA

View Full Version : Selling DVC

NewmanFamily6
05-25-2013, 12:32 AM
We are selling our DVC through the Time Share Store. We will hopefully rejoin in a couple years after my husband's new business taskes off:pixie: Has anyone else done this and can you just let me know how it went for you please?

DizneyRox
05-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Selling is easy, however everyone I know that has sold has regretted it... Probably looking at a huge "loss" when it's time to buy again, to match the selling price, you'll need to buy resale again and then it will be restricted points and possibly worse...

DonLefNY
05-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I've sold four contracts through TSS over the years and it is easy. The smaller ones (70 & 25 points) sold in a couple of days, one in hours of posting. Those I sold at a profit as I had purchased them long ago. Two others sold within 6 six weeks (150 & 200 points). Those did not add up to a huge loss as I had purchased them resale a long time ago also. We are still hanging onto one contract. As for restrictions, I never used my points for those benefits that are now restricted.

DCDisney
05-31-2013, 03:34 PM
I can't speak from the seller's point of view, but from the buyer's point of view, things were handled professionally and efficiently, and ran without a hitch. Glad someone was selling so that I could purchase at a reasonable price !!

tomatoe pie
06-14-2013, 06:13 PM
i have purchased resales from the timeshare store and the experience was excellent! :thumbsup:

i have also sold thru the timeshare store and the experience was excellent! i did not lose any money, basically got back what i had paid and had used them for several years. :woohoo:

i still have a lot of points that are thru disney purchase and will keep them in case i want to take a cruise or abd trip, but i may purchase another resale if i need more pts.

i totally trust the timeshare store. my contracts sold fast. excellent. the only timeshare in the world that will sell in a bad economy.:magic: