PDA

View Full Version : "Special Rate" emails from Disney

biggun35
05-23-2013, 09:58 PM
In the last couple of months I've received emails from Disney offering special rate codes SX6 and R4G but when I call they are exactly the same price as I got through the website, anyone else getting these emails? Looks like Disney is trying to trick people into thinking they are getting a deal when they aren't just so they will book a package.

BuddyL4
05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
We got the R4G code snail mail today in a flyer. Seemed like the same deals that are on line but I will have to check the fine print afer work.

Polynesian Dweller
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Not tricks just advertising and the code is an advertising promo code. I've gotten those type f emails and they are just advertising.

January-2007
05-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I've gotten those codes too.

k10
05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I got SX6 last week via email. Didn't use it b/c I already have 3 trips booked this year, all with some sort of promo.

Tinkerbella16
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Yup I got the SX6 code email twice and I am so glad I know better than to possibly fall for this kind of marketing scheme. If I have never been before and I saw that, I would think it was some kind of discount... so yes, I do think it is a way to get people to book when they see it.

VWL Mom
06-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Yup I got the SX6 code email twice and I am so glad I know better than to possibly fall for this kind of marketing scheme. If I have never been before and I saw that, I would think it was some kind of discount... so yes, I do think it is a way to get people to book when they see it.

It is a discount, just one offered to the general public. There are those that do not read discussion boards and such and are unaware of available discounts. So it is a marketing tool but is not a scheme.