PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Week

RedSoxFan
05-23-2013, 09:05 PM
So we are thinking of going to Disney in November (but not Thanksgiving this time). We are thinking of leaving on Friday, Nov 8 late afternoon and returning on Sunday, Nov 17. Kourtney will not have school on Nov 11 (Veterans Day) and Nov 14 & 15 due to parent/teacher conference.

Is this week considered Jersey Week?
If so, is it really that busy?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

VWL Mom
05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
This year Jersey Week would be the week prior. All schools are closed Nov 7 and 8.

RedSoxFan
05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Thank you!!

mrte62
05-25-2013, 07:01 AM
IMO what makes Jersey Week an issue has nothing to do with being at WDW it is trying to get to Orlando.

The flights out of EWR, PHL, LGA and JFK fill up fast and the prices get crazy. Since there are less and smaller planes heading to Orlando, it has really become an issue.

vamaggie
05-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Last 2 times we went ( 2004 & 2007) it was during Jersey Week and the crowds were not too bad IMO.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-25-2013, 10:02 AM
We've been in mid-November and it was a good time to go.

Crowds were OK, not totally crazy and the weather was a bit cooler, so a nicer time than the summer.

RedSoxFan
05-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Not worried about the flight as we'll fly out of Syracuse. And I figure it's got to be less busy than Thanksgiving week (the time we usually go). But I think I will take advantage of earlier November as Kourtney only has 2.5 school days that week so missing 2.5 really isn't a big deal. She missed 4 last year for the trip!!

JerseyDad
05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
...we were dedicated "Jersey Week" travelers to WDW (before youngest daughter turned into an all honors type classes student and couldn't miss even two days of school) ....and to be honest ...the crowds are lower than you'd expect.

......travel was never an issue for us since we drive to WDW .....but I can relate to the flights / airline issues since our friends flew to WDW out of NJ / NY / Philly airports and I heard all the horror stories of getting flights.

Tinkerbella16
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Like someone else said, Jersey Week is the week prior to the dates you mention.

We are going during Jersey Week (11/6-11/12) so that my niece does not miss much school and I am not worried about crowds. People tend to think that Jersey Week is crazy packed like actual Holiday weeks, but it really is nowhere near. You will just find more people are vacationing from NJ during that time. The weather in November is beautiful and not hot and humid like September! It is my favorite time of year to go.

I got our airfare for $167 round trip, non-stop! For 3 of us airfare cost $503 total, so I am still stoked about that! Leaving on a weekday definitely played a big part in that! :mickey:

Maggie T
06-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Was there 2 years ago for Jersey week and only the last weekend at Epcot we noticed any large crowds. It was bad but we have seen it worse.

magicofdisney
06-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Just a note about airports. My husband flies in and out of Newark weekly. EWR is the bane of his existence (and that's on a good week). If at all possible, I'd recommend a different airport. We've heard Philly isn't so bad but have yet to try it.