PDA

View Full Version : Aulani

mouseketeer mom
05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure where to post this , so please move this post if necessary! We are booking Aulani for next year. I don't know whether to book the Resort or the DVC. The resort is much more expensive for our family of five. I don't understand this, as the DVC villas seem larger and more comfortable. Why is this? Are the villas away from everything or something? Please advise which way to go. It doesn't make any sense to me why the Villas would be less expensive for us.

Ms. Mode
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Are you a DVC member? When I tried to book a villa early they told me it was reserved for DVC members until closer to the time of the trip. However, I was able to book a villa at WL for December...but NOT AK or BL.

I think that this is why they have the "family" suites at AoA and POR.

DizNut42
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
The villas are right there with the resort. I'd book whatever is the best value for your family. We're DVC so it was a no brainer for us - Villa all the way. The resort is very nice - we were there just last month.

faline
05-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Aulani is very compact. There are two buildings which house accommadations - one to each side of the building that contains the registration area as well as other services. No matter where you stay, you won't be very far away from anything.