PDA

View Full Version : Teppen Edo for child's birthday?

DizMagic
05-21-2013, 09:29 AM
I tried to get Chef Mickey's for dinner for my son's birthday. He will turn seven during our stay this fall. I was able to get Chef Mickey's for the day before, but for his actual birthday I have a reservation for Teppen Edo. Do you know if they do anything special for a birthday or should I try for another restaurant? Thanks

mydisneygirls
05-21-2013, 09:44 AM
At the end of the meal, they give the person celebrating their birthday a chef's hat and sing happy birthday. It was nothing special. Also, I just want to add that this is one place we probably won't go back to. Having Japanese hibachi's up here in the northeast, we're spoiled because the food (and entertainment) is much better and you also get salad and soup included (not included at Disney). It wasn't the worst meal, but it wasn't the best either. I think for a 7-year old, I would look elsewhere. Did you try 1900 Park Fare? That seems to be available every day of our upcoming trip. The stepsisters took the time to wish my daughter a happy birthday and even had a conversation with her. She was 13 and they asked her about boys and if she was dating, etc. It was a hoot.

Itchy
05-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I agree with the previous poster as to whether it would be something for the kids.

I would look at the WDW web site for the character meals and decide from there.

We did dinner for myself and a grand daughters Bday at Crystal Palace and we got a signed Bday card from all of the characters and the waitress. We also got our own special cupcake. The grand daughter loved it but she was about 4 then.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. We've enjoyed many special meals at Teppan Edo, and have celebrated our kids' birthday there. And I would highly recommend it for a celebration event - they took very good care of us and made the evening special for the kids.

bruin1344
05-21-2013, 01:00 PM
At the end of the meal, they give the person celebrating their birthday a chef's hat and sing happy birthday. It was nothing special. Also, I just want to add that this is one place we probably won't go back to. Having Japanese hibachi's up here in the northeast, we're spoiled because the food (and entertainment) is much better and you also get salad and soup included (not included at Disney). It wasn't the worst meal, but it wasn't the best either. I think for a 7-year old, I would look elsewhere.

Although I like Teppan Edo, I agree that there are better hibachi places where I live. I am not sure whats on the children's menu but if its strictly Japanese, I dont think it would appeal to the average child because of veggies and steamed rice.

snuggs30
05-21-2013, 01:18 PM
I would try O'hana. Or maybe whispering canyon at Wilderness Lodge. I am sure they will make a BIG deal out of it. O'hana has really cute charactors if that is what you are looking for. I think I would change my location. Hope this helps! :party:

snuggs30
05-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Also if Budget allows it, Go to Hoop De Doo Reveiw at Fort Wilderness. :number1:

etibbetts
05-21-2013, 04:28 PM
I personally love Teppan Edo and have celebrated two birthdays there. They bring out a chef hat and sing to you. My nephew had two birthdays in Disney (we are both Sept babies and tend to vacation in Sept) and I thought my meal celebration was better than what he got at other locations (Crystal Palace and TRex).

It's a lot of fun. I love the Hibatchi dinner. Yes you can get Hibatchi at home, but a lot of Disney food you can get at home. I'd stick with Teppan Edo. I think you'll have a lot of fun.

The kids wore my Chef's Hat all evening throughout Epcot. They thought it was so much fun.

DANAM
05-22-2013, 09:49 AM
My kids 11 and 8 love Teppan Edo but they both love Japanese food including sushi. They probably ask to eat hibachi weekly. Which we dont do but thats where they like to go. So my kids would love to eat Teppan Edo for there Birthday. And we normally bring them to hibachi for there Birthday. But with all that being said this year we are skipping Teppan Edo. We have been a ton if times and the last time I found the food to be kind of bland. So, i agree with other you can definitely find better food at home. I think if your child likes this type of food he will probably love the experience. Or if he's never been before this would be an amazing experience. My kids first hibachi experience was at Teppan Edo and they still talk about it.
My second vote would be for 'Ohana. The entertainment for kids can't be beat.