PDA

View Full Version : How early to make rope drop?

DizMagic
05-21-2013, 09:25 AM
I don't think I've ever made it to rope drop. What time should you arrive at your resort's bus stop to be able to make it to rope drop? We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Thanks

WDWCrazyKaren
05-21-2013, 09:31 AM
We make rope drop for every park, every day! You'll get so much done in the morning.

From Port Orleans, pretty much every park you go to will be about 30 minutes (or less, but plan on 30). If rope drop is at 9:00, I would be at the bus stop no later than 8:00. Try and get to the parks (no matter which one) about 30 minutes prior to the official opening.

You won't regret it!

Butters
05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree we try to get to the bus stop an hour before park opening and that seems to work out perfect for us

Janmac
05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
We try to get to the bus stop about 5 minutes before. Ideally, the buses are supposed to come every 20 minutes, starting on the hour - at maybe 7 am.

The buses don't really come every 20 minutes, and often will come in clumps. Or not at all, at times. It does seem as tho we wait less when we try to time our bus stop arrivals for *:55, *:15 or *:35.

As previous posters said, allowing about an hour is a good rule of thumb. POR is a fairly short bus ride. You may want to be sure to be at the bus stop before 8. Some of the parks during our visit earlier this year were allowing guests into the park earlier than the official time of 9 am. I would try to arrive sometime between 8:20 and 8:30.

Jan