PDA

View Full Version : Cocktails at California Grill

steinx3
05-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know if you can stop by the California Grill and just do a cocktail/appetizer without a reservation?

thejens
05-20-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't know, but I am thinking you have to have a reservation just to get up to the floor??

I am also wondering when we will be allowed to make ADRs there again. They are supposed to be open when I am there, but last I checked I couldn't make ADR. I hate to keep calling.

faline
05-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I"m not sure what the new setup will be when they reopen. In the past, you could go to California Grill for just drinks and/or appetizers as long as space allowed. You just needed to inquire at the desk.

DisneyDINK
05-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm doing a solo trip in September. Assuming the CG is open by then (it should be) I plan to try to eat at the bar without an ADR. I know it was allowed in the past, as for the future, we'll have to wait and see unless there is someone out there on the boards who has better information.

Polynesian Dweller
05-20-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm doing a solo trip in September. Assuming the CG is open by then (it should be) I plan to try to eat at the bar without an ADR. I know it was allowed in the past, as for the future, we'll have to wait and see unless there is someone out there on the boards who has better information.

Not sure about the should be open part. Originally it was supposed to be late summer but the reports are now that the refurb will take longer than expected and there is no firm date so keep checking.

BelleBeauty
05-20-2013, 12:02 PM
If the setup is the same you will be allowed. Something that I never knew is that if you eat there at any point during the day (not just during fireworks) and keep your receipt, you can go back up to the viewing lounge/ terrace for fireworks that night.

DisneyDINK
05-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Not sure about the should be open part. Originally it was supposed to be late summer but the reports are now that the refurb will take longer than expected and there is no firm date so keep checking.

Yeah... They began the remodel a month later than originally anticipated so late summer could easily be mid-fall. I just tried to book ADR for 9/23 - It said to call WDW-DINE. I guess we'll know when they do.